DanPat

Default WTB: Key for old Oneway Stronghold

I recently came into the possession of an older Oneway Stronghold chuck,
unfortunately w/out the key. The key to my newer Stronghold doesn't fit.
Needless to say , this is quite frustrating. I was wondering if any of you
out there might have a couple of old style chucks & would be willing to part
with one of the keys for a reasonable price. Please contact me either
through the group or by e-mail.
Thank you
Remove the "bs" to reply

Dan Patterson

L'aissez les bon temps roullez!

Member AAW since 2003

Peter Teubel

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:56:40 -0600, "DanPat" wrote:

I recently came into the possession of an older Oneway Stronghold chuck,
unfortunately w/out the key. The key to my newer Stronghold doesn't fit.
Needless to say , this is quite frustrating. I was wondering if any of you
out there might have a couple of old style chucks & would be willing to part
with one of the keys for a reasonable price.

Have you tried contacting Oneway directly? I'm sure they have them or can make you one.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com
DanPat

wrote:

I recently came into the possession of an older Oneway Stronghold chuck,
unfortunately w/out the key. The key to my newer Stronghold doesn't fit.
Needless to say , this is quite frustrating. I was wondering if any of

you
out there might have a couple of old style chucks & would be willing to

part
with one of the keys for a reasonable price.

Have you tried contacting Oneway directly? I'm sure they have them or can

make you one.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com

I've talked to Oneway & they don't have any. They suggested a new ring gear.
I thought I would try here first though.
Thanx

Dan Patterson

Member AAW since 2003

L'aissez les bon temps roullez!

Leo Lichtman

If, by luck, someone DOES have an extra key, how can they tell whether it is
the new or old design? Frankly, if I had an old chuck with two keys,
knowing that they are no longer available, I would be inclined to hang on to
the extra, just in case. Hoiw much does a new ring gear cost?

DanPat

Good question Leo. Oneway said they would get right back to me on the cost
of a ring gear & that was a week ago. So far no response from them.
This is a problem I have been hearing from some others that I know who have
Oneway lathes. Seems that the company is experiencing growing pains as far
as their service department is concerned.
As to how one would know whether new or old design, I don't have specifics.
All I know is that the key to my new Stronghold doesn't work in my old one &
Oneway told me that the old ones won't work in the new.
The newer chucks have a patent # for both the US & the UK. The older ones
only have a # for the US. The PN#'s are the same on both though.

Dan Patterson

AAW member since 2003