DanPat

Default WTB: Key for old Oneway Stronghold

Good question Leo. Oneway said they would get right back to me on the cost
of a ring gear & that was a week ago. So far no response from them.
This is a problem I have been hearing from some others that I know who have
Oneway lathes. Seems that the company is experiencing growing pains as far
as their service department is concerned.
As to how one would know whether new or old design, I don't have specifics.
All I know is that the key to my new Stronghold doesn't work in my old one &
Oneway told me that the old ones won't work in the new.
The newer chucks have a patent # for both the US & the UK. The older ones
only have a # for the US. The PN#'s are the same on both though.

Dan Patterson

AAW member since 2003

L'aissez les bon temps roullez!

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
If, by luck, someone DOES have an extra key, how can they tell whether it

is
the new or old design? Frankly, if I had an old chuck with two keys,
knowing that they are no longer available, I would be inclined to hang on

the extra, just in case. Hoiw much does a new ring gear cost?