DanPat

Default WTB: Key for old Oneway Stronghold

"Bob Itnyre" wrote in message
om...
Peter Teubel wrote in message

. ..
On 14 Mar 2004 22:13:09 -0800, (Bob Itnyre) wrote:

A few years ago I bought a Oneway Stronghold. I really like it. A
little later I got a second one. (Got tired of changing jaws) When I
bought the second one I thought I'd save by not getting a key because
I already had one. The key fit both fine. Three months ago I bought a
third chuck because I got a second lathe and the adaptor was
different. I got a key this time, thank God. The keys are definitely
different. If you try to switch them it sounds like gravel in a
transmission. Here is the difference. The old key has eleven teeth
and they are flat on top. The new key has twelve teeth and they are
more pointed on top. Why did they change????
Bob

If that is the reason, they should have made all of the chucks so that
that the original key would fit them all. Bob

What they told me was that they brought the manufacturing of the chucks in
house so they had better control. In doing so they changed the toothing (?).
Soooooooooo, I guess I need an 11 tooth key.

Dan Patterson

L'aissez les bon temps tourner!

AAW member since 2003