Peter Teubel

Default WTB: Key for old Oneway Stronghold

On 14 Mar 2004 22:13:09 -0800, (Bob Itnyre) wrote:

A few years ago I bought a Oneway Stronghold. I really like it. A
little later I got a second one. (Got tired of changing jaws) When I
bought the second one I thought I'd save by not getting a key because
I already had one. The key fit both fine. Three months ago I bought a
third chuck because I got a second lathe and the adaptor was
different. I got a key this time, thank God. The keys are definitely
different. If you try to switch them it sounds like gravel in a
transmission. Here is the difference. The old key has eleven teeth
and they are flat on top. The new key has twelve teeth and they are
more pointed on top. Why did they change????
Bob

My guess would be so the Stronghold and Talon keys would be interchangable. I know my SH key fits my Talon, but I never tried it
the other way around.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com