geoff

Default Speedfit catastophic failure.

In message , IMM
writes

Now lets count who hasn't had a failure, there's me...

So you have fitted a few of these. I know of many failures in the

field.
Feedback is poor on these.

snip tripe by Bertie

Why did you post if you can't accept the obvious

Maxie, have you been drinking?

You haven't answered the question

--
geoff
IMM

Default In my experience....

wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM

writes
In first fix on new builds I have seen professionals do soldered

jobs
faster
than using plastic pushfit.

No you haven't, you're making that up, I've told you before about
telling porkies on newsgroups

Bertie, how is the cowboy game going?

Sorry John you've lost me there

Bertie, this means how are you going along incompetently fitting pipes

and
making money out of it.

John I'm not a plumber like you, I don't make money out of fitting pipes

Bertie, I am not a plumber. It obvious you don't make money out of fitting
pipes. You know nothing about them.

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes
That's OK John we all mistakes, its good that you can admit it, but if
you do it again make sure you use the right tools and procedure

Bertie, a temporary DIY solution it is. Best do it properly with real

pipe
and fittings.

But you said it was a temporary solution and then you said it failed
after a couple of weeks

make your mind up

Maxie, you never read again. It failed immediately. Terrible stuff.

You ****ed up

--
geoff
geoff

In message , IMM
writes

Never screwed up. A poor quality design and make of plastic fitting. Now
rip all that DIY crap out of your house.

You can rant, but nobody's listening

You are digging your hole deeper

Maxie, the hole was in the pipe and I fixed it.

Apparently you didn't

--
geoff

IMM

wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

"pjdesign" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

"pjdesign" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message
SNIP

Good quality compression fitting are highly unlikely to fail.

You
get
what
you pay for.

Don't think so.
Take a look at this.
http://www.wordsun.com/pip80.htm

I did and concluded you are mad. We are on about domestic pipe

fitting,
not
those on North Sea rigs.

You said "Good Quality Compression Fittings" and Parker are in the top

five.
Baz

You obviously don't get it.

Ahh the classic John Burns when he's losing an argument (hold on isn't
'john burns' what a hooker suffers from?)

Bertie, you are loosing it. You are totally confused. The van will be
along from the clinic soon. Not to worry. Maxie knows about hookers.

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

They "recommend" a cutter. What they want is a sqaure cut with no

burrs,
as
Hepworth say.

OK, so you chose to ignore the recommendation and you screwed up.

No. I achieved a square edge with no burrs - what is required.

WHy don't you call JG's technical help desk and tell them what you
did. They could probably do with a good laugh.

They are laughing all the way to thre bank when DIY fools buy their poor
products. Did John Guest make joke toys as well?

Just a minute

you bought their product

Maxie, you did not read. It was a distress purchase, which caused great
distress.

Sorry, I don't believe that that was all that was available

you ****ed up

--
geoff

In article , IMM
writes

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

I am. No cutter available so did the same thing with two other tools.

You've claimed in various posts over the years to have installed at
least several dozen boilers in addition to other plumbing work, and you
didn't "have a cutter available" for this job.

No. Tools elsewhere.

Where were your tools then, out on another job?

--
David
geoff

In message , RichardS
writes
"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

snip

What did you use to cut the pipe

A hacksaw and trimmed it off with Stanley knife to remove an burred

edges.
The insert butted right up against the pipe. The insert was not the
problem, the problem was the poor fittings...fittings made by an ex toy
maker. The toy box is the best place for them.

Bad workman tools blames always his

please rearrange in the correct order

--
geoff

Can he use his hacksaw to rearrange them, or is a special tool recommended?

C'mon Richard, you know that he is a special tool
--
geoff
IMM

wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

Bertie, a temporary DIY solution it is. Best do it properly with

real
pipe
and fittings.

Now you're getting it, order a proper cutter tomorrow

Bertie, I have a cutter.

No, I don't mean your hacksaw I mean a

Bertie, you are very confused. Now get back the clinic before they send

the
van out.

Bertie, you work in a factory. Now hold tight there boy. The van will be
along from the clinic soon.

IMM

wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

I am. No cutter available so did the same thing with two other tools.

You've claimed in various posts over the years to have installed at
least several dozen boilers in addition to other plumbing work, and you
didn't "have a cutter available" for this job.

No. Tools elsewhere.

Where were your tools then, out on another job?

Why? Are you out to pinch them?

geoff

Default Speedfit catastrophic failure.

In message , IMM
writes

"Nick Brooks" wrote in message
IMM wrote:
A friend had an accident late yesterday. he rammed a nail through a CH

pipe
under the floor. He pleaded with me to fix it. It required a small

amount
of pipe and fitting. the first thing was to drain down. I didn't have

any
fittings or soldering equipment to hand, and had to make a distress

purchase
at the local shed. Only Speedfit was available, a system I really do

not
like. I reluctantly bought the fittings and a 2 metre length of 15mm

pipe.
The system was suffering from creaking around the puncture pipe point,

so
plastic pipe should cure this too.

I cut back and cleaned the copper, inserted the Speedfit fittings and

some
pipe. I explained that plastic fittings are reduced in size from 15mm

approx 12mm because of the inserts.

Well time to fill up. I always fill with just fresh water in case of a
swift drains down in case of a problems and lose the inhibitor.
Lo-and-behold one Speedfit fitting was ****ing out. A swift drain down.

On
inspection the O ring had been pushed out of its housing ring and was
bunched up further down the fitting. The pipe inserted was plastic

that
pushed the O ring put. Straight out to buy another fitting before they
closed. Inserted the new fitting and all was fine...well for now. The
expansion creak has gone......but the fittings holding up for a period

of
time is another matter. I told him to observe the fittings, and if he
wanted too, I could replace with Marley Equator, Osma Gold or Hep2O, or
better still replace with copper. He said he will let me know, which

will
mean if it is OK for a week or so he will leave it because he can't be
bothered. Which will mean if they **** out again he comes around to me
again on a bank holiday Monday.

So you had no tools or parts to hand and in your expert opinion, only
poor quality parts were available.

Poor quality they certainly were.

Perhaps you should have advised your
friend to call someone else.

On a bank holiday Monday? You are probably right.

Well, all the sheds were open
complete with a range of proper fittings

--
geoff
IMM

wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

"fred" wrote in message
.. .

"IMM" wrote in message
I don't do drains.
I really feel that you should, you talk enough crap.
You appear to be far better at trolling than plumbing.

I am not a plumber.

obviously! you don't have the skills (or the tools)

Bertie, do you do the night shift at the factory?

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes
"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 4 May 2004 15:46:24 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

[...]

Maxie, oh I do like quizzes. Let's see erm, erm.... it must be...Maxie is a
tubby. There you are ...got it.

Wrong (as usual) ... try again
--
geoff
geoff

In message , IMM
writes

mean if it is OK for a week or so he will leave it because he can't be
bothered. Which will mean if they **** out again he comes around to me
again on a bank holiday Monday.

Just shows that even idiot proof systems are no match for you.

Idiot proof? You are marketing sucker. An ad' mans dream.

Sorry - it was you that used the stuff and couldn't hack it
--
geoff

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM
writes

Bertie, how is the clinic these days/?

At least I know how to use plastic pipe,

Bertie, you don't. And you do don't use Speedfit as it is a poor

product.
A cautionary tale me old chap.

Yes I do,

You fool!

Why ?

you ****ed up

--
geoff
geoff

In message , IMM
writes

Bertie, you are a cowboy type. That is clear.

Bertie, you don't them for a living. You don't know.

Nor do you ... obviously

and please learn to construct a sentence
--
geoff
Andy Hall

On Wed, 5 May 2004 23:35:00 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Bertie, this means how are you going along incompetently fitting pipes

and
making money out of it.

John I'm not a plumber like you, I don't make money out of fitting pipes

Bertie, I am not a plumber. It obvious you don't make money out of fitting
pipes.

Based on your recent exploits, I imagine you wouldn't either.......

I'd stay in the armchair and fantasise about LVT if I were you. It
ought to keep you out of trouble.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
geoff

In message , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM
writes
In first fix on new builds I have seen professionals do soldered jobs
faster
than using plastic pushfit.

No you haven't, you're making that up, I've told you before about
telling porkies on newsgroups

Bertie, how is the cowboy game going?

Sorry John you've lost me there

Bertie, this means how are you going along incompetently fitting pipes and
making money out of it.

'Scuse me

how do you equate

"i had a problem"

with other peoples' experiences
--
geoff
geoff

In message , IMM
writes

John I'm not a plumber like you, I don't make money out of fitting pipes

Bertie, I am not a plumber. It obvious you don't make money out of fitting
pipes. You know nothing about them.

I* suppose your domestic science course didn't prepare you for such
eventualities

--
geoff

Andy Hall

On Wed, 5 May 2004 23:45:19 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , IMM
writes

mean if it is OK for a week or so he will leave it because he can't be
bothered. Which will mean if they **** out again he comes around to me
again on a bank holiday Monday.

Just shows that even idiot proof systems are no match for you.

Idiot proof? You are marketing sucker. An ad' mans dream.

Sorry - it was you that used the stuff and couldn't hack it

He did. That was the trouble....

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
geoff

IMM wrote:
"Nick Brooks" wrote in message

IMM wrote:

snip

You get what you pay for.

Does this apply to power tools as well?

No.

because . . .

They don't leak water.

No, really , I don't believe it

--
geoff
geoff

In message , IMM
writes

Ahh the classic John Burns when he's losing an argument (hold on isn't
'john burns' what a hooker suffers from?)

Bertie, you are loosing it. You are totally confused. The van will be
along from the clinic soon. Not to worry. Maxie knows about hookers.

That is a slanderous remark

it's completely untrue

be careful you little ****e, because I will hang you by your handbag

I am not joking here, be warned

I mean it

--
geoff
geoff

In message , IMM
writes

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 5 May 2004 19:07:05 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Stephen Dawson" wrote in message
news
I have been following this thread all along, and there is one thing
troubling me about the initial post, I cannot believe the sheds did not
have
a couple of No.1 compression and a length of copper.

The local shed a copper pipe, but only one 15mm compression tee. Much
sadness all around.

Still IMM seems to now everything about
JG and it's failings, shame he does
not admit his own.

I have no failings.

Like I said. There is only one way that you can go from that
position.

I just stay in the same position.

Legs apart, arse in the air?
--
geoff
geoff

In message , IMM
writes

"pjdesign" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message
A friend had an accident late yesterday. he rammed a nail through a CH

pipe
under the floor. He pleaded with me to fix it. It required a small

amount
SNIP
If you are a Pro and have been for so long, why did you have to go out and
buy such basic parts???????????

If you read properly, which you didn't. It was a distress purchase.

.... On the part of the person that thought you might be able to help
--
geoff

In article , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM
writes

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

I am. No cutter available so did the same thing with two other tools.

You've claimed in various posts over the years to have installed at
least several dozen boilers in addition to other plumbing work, and you
didn't "have a cutter available" for this job.

No. Tools elsewhere.

Where were your tools then, out on another job?

Why? Are you out to pinch them?

No I just wondered, you obviously still had your hacksaw, don't you keep
all your tools in the van?

--
David

In article , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM
writes

Bertie, a temporary DIY solution it is. Best do it properly with

real
pipe
and fittings.

Now you're getting it, order a proper cutter tomorrow

Bertie, I have a cutter.

No, I don't mean your hacksaw I mean a

Bertie, you are very confused. Now get back the clinic before they send

the
van out.

Bertie, you work in a factory. Now hold tight there boy. The van will be
along from the clinic soon.

Perhaps it will have your tools in it, then I can demonstrate to you how
to do a proper job. You want to be careful John, your friends,
neighbours and family will start to suspect you don't know what you are
doing if you continue to make mistakes like this last one

--
David

In article , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM
writes

"fred" wrote in message
.. .

"IMM" wrote in message
I don't do drains.
I really feel that you should, you talk enough crap.
You appear to be far better at trolling than plumbing.

I am not a plumber.

obviously! you don't have the skills (or the tools)

Bertie, do you do the night shift at the factory?

Getting desperate are we? you shouldn't have posted your lamentable tale
of your own failure than you wouldn't be getting so much stick

--
David

In article , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM

writes
In first fix on new builds I have seen professionals do soldered

jobs
faster
than using plastic pushfit.

No you haven't, you're making that up, I've told you before about
telling porkies on newsgroups

Bertie, how is the cowboy game going?

Sorry John you've lost me there

Bertie, this means how are you going along incompetently fitting pipes

and
making money out of it.

John I'm not a plumber like you, I don't make money out of fitting pipes

Bertie, I am not a plumber. It obvious you don't make money out of fitting
pipes. You know nothing about them.

I know how to join plastic pipes without a problem John, which is a lot
more than you, now next time get the proper tools and do the job
properly and take heed of the good advice you've had from the group,
there are people here who obviously know a lot more than you.

--
David

In article , geoff
writes
In message , IMM
writes

John I'm not a plumber like you, I don't make money out of fitting pipes

Bertie, I am not a plumber. It obvious you don't make money out of fitting
pipes. You know nothing about them.

I* suppose your domestic science course didn't prepare you for such
eventualities

c'mon Geoff, give the guy some credit, it was computer science (mind you
you would not think it from the garbage he spouts about that as well)
--
David

In article , IMM
writes
You obviously don't get it.

Ahh the classic John Burns when he's losing an argument (hold on isn't
'john burns' what a hooker suffers from?)

Bertie, you are loosing it. You are totally confused. The van will be
along from the clinic soon. Not to worry. Maxie knows about hookers.

Will the van have "John Burns "Plumbing & Heating, no job too small" on
the side?

--
David
IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM

writes

You didn't because you didn't use the recommended cutter.

The cutter had nothing to so with it. Yu can't understand this not

being
very bright.

Let's face it, you ****ed up when confronted with a practical problem

nobody actually programmed you for such an event

Maxie, how many tonight?

Only you

Maxie, you pervo. You wish.

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

Now lets count who hasn't had a failure, there's me...

So you have fitted a few of these. I know of many failures in the

field.
Feedback is poor on these.

snip tripe by Bertie

Why did you post if you can't accept the obvious

Maxie, have you been drinking?

You haven't answered the question

It was a non-question Maxie. You didn't the real question. Maxie, have you
been drinking?

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

"pjdesign" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message
A friend had an accident late yesterday. he rammed a nail through a

CH
pipe
under the floor. He pleaded with me to fix it. It required a small
amount
SNIP
If you are a Pro and have been for so long, why did you have to go out

and
buy such basic parts???????????

If you read properly, which you didn't. It was a distress purchase.

... On the part of the person that thought you might be able to help

Maxie, only intoxication could produce such babble.

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 5 May 2004 19:07:05 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Stephen Dawson" wrote in message
news
I have been following this thread all along, and there is one thing
troubling me about the initial post, I cannot believe the sheds did

not
have
a couple of No.1 compression and a length of copper.

The local shed a copper pipe, but only one 15mm compression tee. Much
sadness all around.

Still IMM seems to now everything about
JG and it's failings, shame he does
not admit his own.

I have no failings.

Like I said. There is only one way that you can go from that
position.

I just stay in the same position.

Legs apart, arse in the air?

Maxie, it is all coming out now. South East Asia, etc. My, oh, my.

IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

Ahh the classic John Burns when he's losing an argument (hold on isn't
'john burns' what a hooker suffers from?)

Bertie, you are loosing it. You are totally confused. The van will be
along from the clinic soon. Not to worry. Maxie knows about hookers.

That is a slanderous remark

it's completely untrue

be careful you little ****e, because I will hang you by your handbag

I am not joking here, be warned

I mean it

Maxie, it will be better when you are sober.

IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 May 2004 23:45:19 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , IMM
writes

mean if it is OK for a week or so he will leave it because he can't

be
bothered. Which will mean if they **** out again he comes around to

me
again on a bank holiday Monday.

Just shows that even idiot proof systems are no match for you.

Idiot proof? You are marketing sucker. An ad' mans dream.

Sorry - it was you that used the stuff and couldn't hack it

He did. That was the trouble....

That is right. Poor quality fittings.