Default Which to choose - Speedfit, Hep2O or Conex Cuprofit?

I've been reading the current thread on push fit plumbing fittings
with interest (and an IMM filter!).

I'm aiming to replumb a bathroom next weekend and will be ordering
fittings from (probably) BES. I'll use copper pipe I think, unless
anyone can come up with a good reason not to, but I'm not sure which
push fit system to go for. Has anyone got any good or bad things to
say about the following:-

Conex Cuprofit - maybe looks better, quite slim, limited range?
Speedfit - marginally cheapest but not by much
Hep2O - widest range (but similar to Speedfit)

--
Chris Green )
IMM

wrote in message
I've been reading the current thread on push fit plumbing fittings
with interest (and an IMM filter!).

I'm aiming to replumb a bathroom next weekend and will be ordering
fittings from (probably) BES. I'll use copper pipe I think, unless
anyone can come up with a good reason not to, but I'm not sure which
push fit system to go for. Has anyone got any good or bad things to
say about the following:-

Conex Cuprofit - maybe looks better, quite slim, limited range?

V good with copper

Speedfit - marginally cheapest but not by much

Near the bottom of the plastic range.

Hep2O - widest range (but similar to Speedfit)

Better than Speedfit.

Best use copper and plastic, or flexible connector to connect the bath taps.
Use copper and compression/solder for the basin. Using plastic the taps
turn.

---

IMM

wrote in message

(and an IMM filter!).

Stay ignorant then.

---

Ed Sirett

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:09:37 +0000, usene wrote:

I've been reading the current thread on push fit plumbing fittings
with interest (and an IMM filter!).

I'm aiming to replumb a bathroom next weekend and will be ordering
fittings from (probably) BES. I'll use copper pipe I think, unless
anyone can come up with a good reason not to, but I'm not sure which
push fit system to go for. Has anyone got any good or bad things to
say about the following:-

Conex Cuprofit - maybe looks better, quite slim, limited range?

Yep. I would not worry about a limited range, So long as you have
couplers, elbows and Ts in 2 sizes and a reducer 22-15 you can do what you
need. But I see that they don't have the 22-15 in the S/fix book.
Hardish to undo even with the tool.

Speedfit - marginally cheapest but not by much

A little easier to undo than the Hep2O stuff - ugly.

Hep2O - widest range (but similar to Speedfit)

Even more ugly that Speedfit.

Speedfit out of sight, Cuprofit where on show and where you can't solder - it is
neater and more reliable than a compression fitting, but not as cheap or neat as solder.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Ed Sirett wrote:
[...]

Thanks for all the thoughts/advice, I'm going with Speedfix as it is
all out of sight and the slightly easier dismantling seems a good idea
to me. I'm also going with Speedfix plastic pipe rather than copper,
probably easier to wiggle into place under the bath. I have ordered
lots of clips! :-)

--
Chris Green )