Mark S.

Default Which to choose - Speedfit, Hep2O or Conex Cuprofit?

On 1 Dec 2003 09:09:37 GMT, wrote:

I've been reading the current thread on push fit plumbing fittings
with interest (and an IMM filter!).

I'm aiming to replumb a bathroom next weekend and will be ordering
fittings from (probably) BES. I'll use copper pipe I think, unless
anyone can come up with a good reason not to, but I'm not sure which
push fit system to go for. Has anyone got any good or bad things to
say about the following:-

Conex Cuprofit - maybe looks better, quite slim, limited range?
Speedfit - marginally cheapest but not by much
Hep2O - widest range (but similar to Speedfit)

Speedfit worked just fine for me as a first time bathroom fitter, only
one leak where I capped the cold water feed to the bath tap and didn't
push the fitting on hard enough.

Can change anything now with the stop valves I've added without any
hassle. I've learned to solder anyway but would still use pushfit out
of spite. ;-)

Mark S.