fred

Default Which to choose - Speedfit, Hep2O or Conex Cuprofit?

In article ,
writes
I've been reading the current thread on push fit plumbing fittings
with interest (and an IMM filter!).

I'm aiming to replumb a bathroom next weekend and will be ordering
fittings from (probably) BES. I'll use copper pipe I think, unless
anyone can come up with a good reason not to, but I'm not sure which
push fit system to go for. Has anyone got any good or bad things to
say about the following:-

Conex Cuprofit - maybe looks better, quite slim, limited range?
Speedfit - marginally cheapest but not by much
Hep2O - widest range (but similar to Speedfit)

I wouldn't be inclined to mix copper pipe with plastic fittings; when you mix
a strong rigid material and a light breakable material, the risk is that the
light one will come off the worse. I'll just bend that pipe/joint a little out of
the way . . . . tsch . . . . psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst . . .

I happened to do my heating in speedfit pipe & fittings & was happy, but I
may do some of my hot water in copper as I have plenty of 15mm to hand
& have straight runs with easy underfloor access.
--
fred