DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Which to choose - Speedfit, Hep2O or Conex Cuprofit? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/3980-choose-speedfit-hep2o-conex-cuprofit.html)

[email protected] December 1st 03 09:09 AM

Which to choose - Speedfit, Hep2O or Conex Cuprofit?

I've been reading the current thread on push fit plumbing fittings
with interest (and an IMM filter!).

I'm aiming to replumb a bathroom next weekend and will be ordering
fittings from (probably) BES. I'll use copper pipe I think, unless
anyone can come up with a good reason not to, but I'm not sure which
push fit system to go for. Has anyone got any good or bad things to
say about the following:-

Conex Cuprofit - maybe looks better, quite slim, limited range?
Speedfit - marginally cheapest but not by much
Hep2O - widest range (but similar to Speedfit)

--
Chris Green )

fred December 1st 03 12:59 PM

Which to choose - Speedfit, Hep2O or Conex Cuprofit?

In article ,
writes
I've been reading the current thread on push fit plumbing fittings
with interest (and an IMM filter!).

I'm aiming to replumb a bathroom next weekend and will be ordering
fittings from (probably) BES. I'll use copper pipe I think, unless
anyone can come up with a good reason not to, but I'm not sure which
push fit system to go for. Has anyone got any good or bad things to
say about the following:-

Conex Cuprofit - maybe looks better, quite slim, limited range?
Speedfit - marginally cheapest but not by much
Hep2O - widest range (but similar to Speedfit)

I wouldn't be inclined to mix copper pipe with plastic fittings; when you mix
a strong rigid material and a light breakable material, the risk is that the
light one will come off the worse. I'll just bend that pipe/joint a little out of
the way . . . . tsch . . . . psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst . . .
&%@$*!!!!!!

I happened to do my heating in speedfit pipe & fittings & was happy, but I
may do some of my hot water in copper as I have plenty of 15mm to hand
& have straight runs with easy underfloor access.
--
fred

IMM December 1st 03 01:10 PM

wrote in message
I've been reading the current thread on push fit plumbing fittings
with interest (and an IMM filter!).

I'm aiming to replumb a bathroom next weekend and will be ordering
fittings from (probably) BES. I'll use copper pipe I think, unless
anyone can come up with a good reason not to, but I'm not sure which
push fit system to go for. Has anyone got any good or bad things to
say about the following:-

Conex Cuprofit - maybe looks better, quite slim, limited range?

V good with copper

Speedfit - marginally cheapest but not by much

Near the bottom of the plastic range.

Hep2O - widest range (but similar to Speedfit)

Better than Speedfit.

Best use copper and plastic, or flexible connector to connect the bath taps.
Use copper and compression/solder for the basin. Using plastic the taps
turn.

---

IMM December 1st 03 01:10 PM

Which to choose - Speedfit, Hep2O or Conex Cuprofit?

wrote in message

(and an IMM filter!).

Stay ignorant then.

---

Ed Sirett December 1st 03 08:05 PM

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:09:37 +0000, usene wrote:

I've been reading the current thread on push fit plumbing fittings
with interest (and an IMM filter!).

I'm aiming to replumb a bathroom next weekend and will be ordering
fittings from (probably) BES. I'll use copper pipe I think, unless
anyone can come up with a good reason not to, but I'm not sure which
push fit system to go for. Has anyone got any good or bad things to
say about the following:-

Conex Cuprofit - maybe looks better, quite slim, limited range?

Yep. I would not worry about a limited range, So long as you have
couplers, elbows and Ts in 2 sizes and a reducer 22-15 you can do what you
need. But I see that they don't have the 22-15 in the S/fix book.
Hardish to undo even with the tool.

Speedfit - marginally cheapest but not by much

A little easier to undo than the Hep2O stuff - ugly.

Hep2O - widest range (but similar to Speedfit)

Even more ugly that Speedfit.

Speedfit out of sight, Cuprofit where on show and where you can't solder - it is
neater and more reliable than a compression fitting, but not as cheap or neat as solder.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Mark S. December 1st 03 09:24 PM

On 1 Dec 2003 09:09:37 GMT, wrote:

I've been reading the current thread on push fit plumbing fittings
with interest (and an IMM filter!).

I'm aiming to replumb a bathroom next weekend and will be ordering
fittings from (probably) BES. I'll use copper pipe I think, unless
anyone can come up with a good reason not to, but I'm not sure which
push fit system to go for. Has anyone got any good or bad things to
say about the following:-

Conex Cuprofit - maybe looks better, quite slim, limited range?
Speedfit - marginally cheapest but not by much
Hep2O - widest range (but similar to Speedfit)

Speedfit worked just fine for me as a first time bathroom fitter, only
one leak where I capped the cold water feed to the bath tap and didn't
push the fitting on hard enough.

Can change anything now with the stop valves I've added without any
hassle. I've learned to solder anyway but would still use pushfit out
of spite. ;-)

Mark S.

[email protected] December 2nd 03 09:18 AM

Ed Sirett wrote:
[...]

Thanks for all the thoughts/advice, I'm going with Speedfix as it is
all out of sight and the slightly easier dismantling seems a good idea
to me. I'm also going with Speedfix plastic pipe rather than copper,
probably easier to wiggle into place under the bath. I have ordered
lots of clips! :-)

--
Chris Green )