Andy Hall

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:33:21 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 01:06:44 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

snip

Read the financial press. The money programmes had whole prog on it
recently.

How. That's a quality source of information.

Well it's slightly more balanced than the Torygraph or The Sun !

marginally, but again based on sensationalism. The entire media is
riddled with that.

If I want objective information, I don't look to any of the popular
media to provide it, whoever they are.

Almost as good as
Paxo.

You haven't forgiven him for showing the then Home sec. up to be the jerk he
was at that time by the looks of it.....

We know that the home secretary as well as the rest of the cabinet are
jerks. Nothing new there.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
:::Jerry::::

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:33:21 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

snip
[ BBC2 Newsnight ]

Almost as good as
Paxo.

You haven't forgiven him for showing the then Home sec. up to be the jerk

he
was at that time by the looks of it.....

We know that the home secretary as well as the rest of the cabinet are
jerks. Nothing new there.

I was talking about the time Howard wouldn't / couldn't answer a simple yes
/ no question put to him, even after IIRC 16 attempts [1]. Nothing what so
ever to do with the present buffoon filling that HMG position.

[1] only because JP was told the following of VT had crashed and that he
needed to fill to the end of the programme, and he couldn't think of
anything else to ask!

:::Jerry::::

"IMM" wrote in message
":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
"Andy Hall" wrote in message

snip

Almost as good as Paxo.

You haven't forgiven him for showing the then Home sec. up to be the

jerk
he
was at that time by the looks of it.....

You mean Dracula. How can anyone vote for a party with Boris and Dracula

in
it.

A dammed sight more easier than one lead by a Poodle and containing a few
more buffoons than the others, I suspect...

IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:33:21 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 01:06:44 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

snip

Read the financial press. The money programmes had whole prog on it
recently.

How. That's a quality source of information.

Well it's slightly more balanced than the Torygraph or The Sun !

marginally, but again based on sensationalism. The entire media is
riddled with that.

Except the Guardian.

If I want objective information, I don't look to any of the popular
media to provide it, whoever they are.

Do you go around and ask them?

Almost as good as
Paxo.

You haven't forgiven him for showing the
then Home sec. up to be the jerk he
was at that time by the looks of it.....

We know that the home secretary
as well as the rest of the cabinet are
jerks. Nothing new there.

Nothing new. All that cabinet with Dracula in it were jerks.

IMM

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message
":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
"Andy Hall" wrote in message

snip

Almost as good as Paxo.

You haven't forgiven him for showing the then Home sec. up to be the

jerk
he
was at that time by the looks of it.....

You mean Dracula. How can anyone vote for a party with Boris and

Dracula
in
it.

A dammed sight more easier than one lead by a Poodle and containing a few
more buffoons than the others, I suspect...

Too right. Majors bunch were idiots.

Bert Coules

Rob,

Something like this in a suitable enclosu

That might well do the trick. Thanks.

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

IMM

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
IMM wrote:
Best to get people like me to do your pipework too,

No. Intelligent people do that, you do the lifting.

Are you typing this while driving your delivery van?

This clearly indicates you are only fit for lifting things. Well, I don't
think I would trust you with that either. Sad but true.

Andy Hall

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:56:15 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

snip
[ BBC2 Newsnight ]

Almost as good as
Paxo.

You haven't forgiven him for showing the then Home sec. up to be the jerk

he
was at that time by the looks of it.....

We know that the home secretary as well as the rest of the cabinet are
jerks. Nothing new there.

I was talking about the time Howard wouldn't / couldn't answer a simple yes
/ no question put to him, even after IIRC 16 attempts [1]. Nothing what so
ever to do with the present buffoon filling that HMG position.

Frankly, I'm not impressed with many of the current crop of front
bench MPs at all.

[1] only because JP was told the following of VT had crashed and that he
needed to fill to the end of the programme, and he couldn't think of
anything else to ask!

Seems like Paxo's normal MO.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:21:39 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

marginally, but again based on sensationalism. The entire media is
riddled with that.

Except the Guardian.

Especially the Guardian.

If I want objective information, I don't look to any of the popular
media to provide it, whoever they are.

Do you go around and ask them?

Definitely not.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

marginally, but again based on sensationalism. The entire media is
riddled with that.

Except the Guardian.

Especially the Guardian.

Little Middle England is coming out now. The narrow mined brainwashing is
surfacing.

:::Jerry::::

"IMM" wrote in message
":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

snip

A dammed sight more easier than one lead by a Poodle and containing a

few
more buffoons than the others, I suspect...

Too right. Majors bunch were idiots.

But he was no Poodle, he stopped at Basra (sp?)....

:::Jerry::::

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:56:15 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

snip

[1] only because JP was told the following of VT had crashed and that he
needed to fill to the end of the programme, and he couldn't think of
anything else to ask!

Seems like Paxo's normal MO.

Not all like his normal MO, AIUI everyone involved have acknowledge that all
were caught off guard by the VT problem, or the situation that ensued.

:::Jerry::::

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

marginally, but again based on sensationalism. The entire media is
riddled with that.

Except the Guardian.

Especially the Guardian.

Little Middle England is coming out now. The narrow mined brainwashing is
surfacing.

If you bothered to read what Andy said about the press you would see he is
far from the average 'Little Middle England', he doesn't trust any of the
media, the average 'Little Middle England' is more like you IMM - "It's
reported in my chosen media source, so it must be true"...

:::Jerry::::

IMM wrote:
Best to get people like me to do your pipework too,

No. Intelligent people do that, you do the lifting.

Are you typing this while driving your delivery van?

This clearly indicates you are only fit for lifting things. Well, I don't
think I would trust you with that either. Sad but true.

Well, I wouldn't trust you to get out of bed, let alone lift something, you
would probably end up dropping it and then blame the packaging !

Capitol

IMM wrote:

Garbage.

I see that the envy bug is coming out in some correspondents again.
They'd sooner carp and look for a free ride, than settle down to doing
some hard work for money or risk their own capital. With their
judgement, it's probably their best way of surviving, from others efforts!

Regards
Capitol

IMM

IMM wrote:
Best to get people like me to do your pipework too,

No. Intelligent people do that, you do the lifting.

Are you typing this while driving your delivery van?

This clearly indicates you are only fit for lifting things. Well, I

don't
think I would trust you with that either. Sad but true.

Well, I wouldn't trust you to get out of bed, let alone lift something,

you
would probably end up dropping it and then blame the packaging !

I don't lift things.

IMM

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

marginally, but again based on sensationalism. The entire media is
riddled with that.

Except the Guardian.

Especially the Guardian.

Little Middle England is coming out now. The narrow mined brainwashing

is
surfacing.

If you bothered to read what Andy said
about the press you would see he is
far from the average 'Little Middle England',

Oh, he is.

he doesn't trust any of the
media,

he trusts the Torygraph.

the average 'Little Middle England'
is more like you IMM - "It's
reported in my chosen media source,
so it must be true"...

My oh my!

IMM

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message
":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

snip

A dammed sight more easier than one lead by a Poodle and containing a

few
more buffoons than the others, I suspect...

Too right. Majors bunch were idiots.

But he was no Poodle, he stopped at Basra (sp?)....

He wanted to go to Baghdad

:::Jerry::::

"IMM" wrote in message

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

marginally, but again based on sensationalism. The entire media

is
riddled with that.

Except the Guardian.

Especially the Guardian.

Little Middle England is coming out now. The narrow mined

brainwashing
is
surfacing.

If you bothered to read what Andy said
about the press you would see he is
far from the average 'Little Middle England',

Oh, he is.

Yes, read what he said....

he doesn't trust any of the
media,

he trusts the Torygraph.

snip

I suggest you read what he said, not what you think or hope he said...

:::Jerry::::

"IMM" wrote in message

IMM wrote:
Best to get people like me to do your pipework too,

No. Intelligent people do that, you do the lifting.

Are you typing this while driving your delivery van?

This clearly indicates you are only fit for lifting things. Well, I

don't
think I would trust you with that either. Sad but true.

Well, I wouldn't trust you to get out of bed, let alone lift something,

you
would probably end up dropping it and then blame the packaging !

I don't lift things.

You probably don't get out of bed either !

IMM

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

IMM wrote:
Best to get people like me to do your pipework too,

No. Intelligent people do that, you do the lifting.

Are you typing this while driving your delivery van?

This clearly indicates you are only fit for lifting things. Well, I

don't
think I would trust you with that either. Sad but true.

Well, I wouldn't trust you to get out of bed, let alone lift

something,
you
would probably end up dropping it and then blame the packaging !

I don't lift things.

You probably don't get out of bed either !

I am very active in bed.

IMM

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

marginally, but again based on sensationalism. The entire

media
is
riddled with that.

Except the Guardian.

Especially the Guardian.

Little Middle England is coming out now. The narrow mined

brainwashing
is
surfacing.

If you bothered to read what Andy said
about the press you would see he is
far from the average 'Little Middle England',

Oh, he is.

Yes, read what he said....

Lies. The lot of it.

he doesn't trust any of the
media,

he trusts the Torygraph.

snip

I suggest you read what he said, not what you think or hope he said...

Years ago he would have had his tongue ripped out for that.

raden

In message , IMM writes

Well, I wouldn't trust you to get out of bed, let alone lift

something,
you
would probably end up dropping it and then blame the packaging !

I don't lift things.

You probably don't get out of bed either !

I am very active in bed.

Most of us had already reached that conclusion

Your best DIY moments I'm sure

--
geoff
IMM

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes

Well, I wouldn't trust you to get out of bed, let alone lift

something,
you
would probably end up dropping it and then blame the packaging !

I don't lift things.

You probably don't get out of bed either !

I am very active in bed.

Most of us had already reached that conclusion

Your best DIY moments I'm sure

Oh Maxie...you are a one....

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
IMM wrote:
No. Intelligent peo;pel do that, you do the lifting.

Are you typing this while driving your delivery van?

This clearly indicates you are only fit for lifting things.

That fall off the back of your lorry?

Well, I
don't think I would trust you with that either. Sad but true.

I notice your newsreader seems to have a fault when quoting. I've put it
right for you. Wouldn't do for anyone reading on Google to get the wrong
idea.

--
*The average person falls asleep in seven minutes *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

IMM

IMM wrote:
No. Intelligent peo;pel do that, you do the lifting.

Are you typing this while driving your delivery van?

This clearly indicates you are only fit for lifting things.

That fall off the back of your lorry?

One of those eh! I would have the likes of you burnt at the stake.

Well, I
don't think I would trust you with that either. Sad but true.

I notice your newsreader seems to have a fault when quoting. I've put it
right for you. Wouldn't do for anyone reading on Google to get the wrong
idea.

Exactly. I want them to know we have a thief here.

Capitol

I fear that my news reader has developed a terminal fault. whenever I
look at this thread, it shows, Subject "Speedfit Technique" sender
"IMM"! Any suggestions?

Regards
Capitol

Frank Erskine

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:12:49 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

It's a nonsense to have a situation where when the government is in a
sector (e.g. health and education) that the customer is forced to pay
for that, then if he wants something better/different has to fund it
himself without contribution for the most part from the state, even
though the state system has been unburdened.

The NHS seems to be readily accepted by all the main political parties
in the Kingdom.

Added to this there is
then a penalty by way of tax and national insurance if the person's
employer pays for healthcare insurance. This is a ridiculous state of
affairs.

I disagree. My employer pays for my healthcare insurance, but I have
no qualms about a real public service which caters for primary
healthcare such as GPs, public health, and emergency treatment.

For all, as well as me!

--
Frank Erskine
Andy Hall

wrote:

It's a nonsense to have a situation where when the government is in a
sector (e.g. health and education) that the customer is forced to pay
for that, then if he wants something better/different has to fund it
himself without contribution for the most part from the state, even
though the state system has been unburdened.

The NHS seems to be readily accepted by all the main political parties
in the Kingdom.

I don;t consider that to be a recommendation at all.

Added to this there is
then a penalty by way of tax and national insurance if the person's
employer pays for healthcare insurance. This is a ridiculous state of
affairs.

I disagree. My employer pays for my healthcare insurance,

You pay tax (at your highest rate), NIC (if not over the threshold)
and your employer pays NIC on this.

You and your employer have also paid NIC contributions on the bulk of
the rest of your salary.

but I have
no qualms about a real public service which caters for primary
healthcare such as GPs, public health, and emergency treatment.

For all, as well as me!

I'm less bothered about GPs, although IME, they don't run at all
efficiently. I've recently had occasion to make a series of GP
visits over a minor issue which could easily have been diagnosed and
treated with two appointments. I am just about to go to my 8th.
Each time, about 30mins is wasted hanging around. 4 hours is a lot
of time for something that could be done and dusted in 30mins.

I am not sure what you include in public health.

I certainly agree that there should be co-ordinated emergency response
and don;t have an issue with that being state run.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Frank Erskine

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:12:49 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

The Internet is far from being an enhanced service, it is absolutely
core and fundamental to business today and even to the creaking public
sector.

Bull****. The vast majority of organisations (IME) treat the Internet
(especially email) as some sort of toy - they don't treat either
websites or email as a serious means of getting messages across.

--
Frank Erskine
IMM

wrote:

It's a nonsense to have a situation where when the government is in a
sector (e.g. health and education) that the customer is forced to pay
for that, then if he wants something better/different has to fund it
himself without contribution for the most part from the state, even
though the state system has been unburdened.

The NHS seems to be readily accepted by all the main political parties
in the Kingdom.

Added to this there is
then a penalty by way of tax and national insurance if the person's
employer pays for healthcare insurance. This is a ridiculous state of
affairs.

I disagree. My employer pays for my healthcare insurance, but I have
no qualms about a real public service which caters for primary
healthcare such as GPs, public health, and emergency treatment.

For all, as well as me!

I think Which magazine did a study of private health. Their conclusion was
that it is only worth it if you work for yourself, so as to be up and
running ASAP (line jumping). If employed then it is a waste of time.

IMM

wrote:

The Internet is far from being an enhanced service, it is absolutely
core and fundamental to business today and even to the creaking public
sector.

Bull****. The vast majority of organisations (IME) treat the Internet
(especially email) as some sort of toy - they don't treat either
websites or email as a serious means of getting messages across.

Most regard email as a distraction and some warn employees if they receive
email from outside.

Andy Hall

wrote:

The Internet is far from being an enhanced service, it is absolutely
core and fundamental to business today and even to the creaking public
sector.

Bull****. The vast majority of organisations (IME) treat the Internet
(especially email) as some sort of toy - they don't treat either
websites or email as a serious means of getting messages across.

I don't know where your experience is, then.

You are obviously not in contact with the same organisations that I am
on a daily basis (many of which are household names on a global,
regional or national basis):

- A very large proportion of Fortune 500, FT1000 and equivalent
companies in different countries of the western world have or are
rapidly becoming dependent on internet and other IP based networks for
internal and external communication.

- Many are moving or have moved to having their corporate networks
provisioned as virtual private networks in part or entirely over the
public internet.

- Email messages (with SPAM excluded) already outnumber postal paper
mail by a factor of over ten to one.

It is true that putting up a web site is by no stretch of the
imagination an indicator of business success - proper business
modelling is still required - but even with the 'back to reality' that
happened a couple of years ago there is still massive uptake in the
use of the internet for business purposes.

I can assure you that organisations are spending vast sums on this
technology area and are quite aware of the business and competitive
benefits of so doing.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
:::Jerry::::

wrote:

The Internet is far from being an enhanced service, it is absolutely
core and fundamental to business today and even to the creaking public
sector.

Bull****. The vast majority of organisations (IME) treat the Internet
(especially email) as some sort of toy - they don't treat either
websites or email as a serious means of getting messages across.

Very true, I knew of one company who banned the one person who's job would
have been both easier and more efficient from using email, many of the reps
used their own personal ISP email accounts to do what should have been done
through the business. The company web site, although extolling the companies
services / products, does not (the last time I bothered to look at the site)
have any online broaches, just an invitation to contact the sales team on a
telephone number - This from one a large player in that particular field of
business, go figure...

IMM

wrote:

[...]

Most of those are tittle tattle, not real business communication.

It is true that putting up a web site is by no stretch of the
imagination an indicator of business success - proper business
modelling is still required - but even with the 'back to reality' that
happened a couple of years ago there is still massive uptake in the
use of the internet for business purposes.

I can assure you that organisations are spending vast sums on this
technology area and are quite aware of the business and competitive
benefits of so doing.

Detailed, easy to navigate, up to date and simply explained web sites do
sell products. If people can download all your product, installation or
technical manuals you have an advantage. Customer service can be having all
the old product manuals on line too. This gives a very positive impression.

Andy Hall

wrote:

[...]

It isn't line jumping because the facilities used are generally in
private hopsitals.

To suggest that if somebody is employed they don't need to be "up and
running" is nonsense. Why do you think that employers pay part of
the cost? Part of it is to offer employees a more attractive package
than their competition, but the other part is that they want valued
employees to be productive and not dicking around with waiting for the
NHS to deliver treatment.

Of course, because of the stupid taxation of this as a "benefit" the
employee ends up paying up to half anyway if he is on higher rate tax
and below the NIC earnings limit.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

wrote:

The Internet is far from being an enhanced service, it is absolutely
core and fundamental to business today and even to the creaking public
sector.

Bull****. The vast majority of organisations (IME) treat the Internet
(especially email) as some sort of toy - they don't treat either
websites or email as a serious means of getting messages across.

Most regard email as a distraction and some warn employees if they receive
email from outside.

I don't know where you get that from. I visit dozens of (normally
large) organisations a year all over Europe, and it's extremely rare
that employers view email as a distraction or place restrictions on
reasonable personal email. They may take steps in cases of
pornography, libellous, racist, sexist etc. material being sent, but
that is simply to protect the company from litigation.

For almost all large organisations, email has replaced much other
communication because it's fast, cheap and effective.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

wrote:

The Internet is far from being an enhanced service, it is absolutely
core and fundamental to business today and even to the creaking public
sector.

Bull****. The vast majority of organisations (IME) treat the Internet
(especially email) as some sort of toy - they don't treat either
websites or email as a serious means of getting messages across.

Most regard email as a distraction and some warn employees if they

receive
email from outside.

I don't know where you get that from.

I friend SMSed me last week and said send no emails as suspensions will be
given out if none work emails are received. A major bank.

I visit dozens of (normally
large) organisations a year all over Europe, and it's extremely rare
that employers view email as a distraction or place restrictions on
reasonable personal email. They may take steps in cases of
pornography, libellous, racist, sexist etc. material being sent, but
that is simply to protect the company from litigation.

For almost all large organisations, email has replaced much other
communication because it's fast, cheap and effective.

Andy Hall

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 00:49:09 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

- Email messages (with SPAM excluded) already outnumber postal paper
mail by a factor of over ten to one.

Most of those are tittle tattle, not real business communication.

Yours might fall into that category; but it isn't my observation at
all.

It is true that putting up a web site is by no stretch of the
imagination an indicator of business success - proper business
modelling is still required - but even with the 'back to reality' that
happened a couple of years ago there is still massive uptake in the
use of the internet for business purposes.

I can assure you that organisations are spending vast sums on this
technology area and are quite aware of the business and competitive
benefits of so doing.

Detailed, easy to navigate, up to date and simply explained web sites do
sell products. If people can download all your product, installation or
technical manuals you have an advantage. Customer service can be having all
the old product manuals on line too. This gives a very positive impression.

True points, although they don't replace having a sound business
strategy and execution of it. The graveyards are littered with the
corpses of dotcoms who thought that having a web site would
automatically lead to fame and riches.