UK diy (uk.d-i-y) For the discussion of all topics related to diy (do-it-yourself) in the UK. All levels of experience and proficency are welcome to join in to ask questions or offer solutions.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #201   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 12:47:21 +0100, Fredxx
wrote:

snip

I do wonder if his wife


I tell her about you and she also thinks you are sick.

and step-daughter read his posts.


Only from beyond the grave?

She died two years ago aged 39. Bowel cancer, loved her processed
meats ...

Cheers, T i m


  #202   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,213
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 26/04/2021 14:18, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 12:47:21 +0100, Fredxx
wrote:

snip

I do wonder if his wife


I tell her about you and she also thinks you are sick.

and step-daughter read his posts.


Only from beyond the grave?

She died two years ago aged 39. Bowel cancer, loved her processed
meats ...

Cheers, T i m



She inherited a set of crap genes from her parents
  #203   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 13:22:32 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 25/04/2021 19:08, Richard wrote:
On 25/04/2021 16:17, Spike wrote:


IOW, you made it up.


He's seen it on TV.
Unfortunately, in his world fantasy and reality are the same.


Like those videos that he and all the other militant vegan nutters
try to force on other people


Aww, bless, the nasty people who don't support cruelty to animals (or
vegans for short) want to try to defend the animals from those that
do?

How nasty of them!

Now, if you were only doing something that didn't cause voiceless
living creatures to suffer and die (especially needlessly), the
chances are no one would GAF.

So, how are your slaves doing, given them the lighter ally chains like
DickHeadxx has ... to 'improve their welfare?

Cheers, T i m
  #204   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:28:26 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip
and step-daughter read his posts.


Only from beyond the grave?

She died two years ago aged 39. Bowel cancer, loved her processed
meats ...


She inherited a set of crap genes from her parents


Given both have already lived nearly twice as long as her, I'm not
sure that's true.

Cheers, T i m
  #205   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 40,893
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?



"Richard" wrote in message
...
On 26/04/2021 12:47, Fredxx wrote:
On 26/04/2021 07:27, Richard wrote:
On 25/04/2021 23:18, Fredxx wrote:
On 25/04/2021 18:58, T i m wrote:
On 25 Apr 2021 17:26:20 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

On 25 Apr 2021 at 18:04:34 BST, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 15:17:46 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 25/04/2021 13:20, T i m wrote:

I had originally written councillor but the spellchecker on
Agent
changed it, probably the American spelling? So, I checked the
spelling
then added the correct one to the dictionary.

All together now: "Change the dictionary!".

Unfortunately, and as *always*, I'm one step ahead of you left
brainer, in fact I've been ahead of you on that one for many many
years.

So, I just have to update it as I go along.

In what way is your comment in any way at all relevant to what Spike
said?
What he said was "Change the dictionary", which is correct. IOW, tell
it to
use the British English one instead of the US English one.

Oh FFS, you left brainers!

I have been using 'English (International)' dictionary for years and
haven't found any alternatives or upgrades for this version (2.0) of
FA.

So, I was 'way ahead' of Spike and you from a simple comprehension POV
as well. ;-(

If you were well ahead of us you would already have the file:
agentenu-spelleng200-100.exe

which has your desired dictionary. However the world ahas moved forward
and I feel the need to remind you Forte Agent was released in 2004:
https://www.forteinc.com/release/

Your posts are becoming hilarious.

More embarrassing than hilarious.


I do wonder if his wife and step-daughter read his posts.


I get the feeling that they have told him to stop whining,


Seems unlikely with his wife if he isnt lying about how they do things.

so he does it here.
BICBW.


You could indeed, as always.



  #206   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,560
Default Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 05:42:04 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Marland answering senile Rodent's statement, "I don't leak":
"ThatĘs because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
nothing left to exit normally, your arsehole has clammed shut through disuse
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Message-ID:
  #207   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 26/04/2021 14:18, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 12:47:21 +0100, Fredxx
wrote:

snip

I do wonder if his wife


I tell her about you and she also thinks you are sick.

and step-daughter read his posts.


Only from beyond the grave?

She died two years ago aged 39. Bowel cancer, loved her processed
meats ...


My sincere apologies.


  #208   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 26/04/2021 09:07, Tim Streater wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 25/04/2021 23:18, T i m wrote:


How about *asking* me if I had the latest dictionary file and that the
right one was enabled if you really wanted to help?


Not necessary, because your posts made it clear that you were using the
wrong dictionary.


I have mentioned many a time (inc recently in a tread about Forte
Agent) stating exactly what version I was using.


But not which dictionary you were using.


Get a more appropriate newsreader...


Why would I attention to a thread about software that I don't have and which,
indeed, I've never heard of. Or keep track of what newsreader software someone
uses - I've got better things to do. One might also expect that if someone is
excusing themselves because their software doesn't have an available UK English
dictionary, they'd say so.


Exactly - T i m ' s expectations are quite bizarre.

--
Spike
  #209   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 26/04/2021 09:51, T i m wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:


snip


Why would I pay
attention to a thread about software that I don't have and which,
indeed, I've never heard of.


Then why did you think you could help me on the same?


Because the issue was obvious?

Or keep track of what newsreader software someone uses -


'Keep track' ... ?
Messages Show headers
You: User-Agent: Usenapp/1.07.1/l for MacOS - Full License.
Me: X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652


Yeah, very difficult that.


So you're saying that for every message you read, you check the headers?

Get help. Seriously, that's deranged.

I've got better things to do.


Bwhaha! So, it was easier to try to 'help' me than do nothing?


But you *were* helped - you just didn't like the message.

--
Spike
  #210   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 26/04/2021 13:16, T i m wrote:

If you are as serious about animal welfare as you say, you will read
that and watch the video (don't worry, there is nothing that should
make your night terrors and bed wetting any worse, given you fully
understand what goes on behind the scenes to put meat on your plate).


You make it sound as if you've lost the argument already.

--
Spike


  #211   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 08:33:38 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 25/04/2021 23:18, T i m wrote:

How about *asking* me if I had the latest dictionary file and that the
right one was enabled if you really wanted to help?


Not necessary, because your posts made it clear that you were using the
wrong dictionary.


Looks like your assumption made an ass of you then eh as I was using
the latest and most appropriate dictionary available for my newsreader
client and explained that I had to occasionally update it with new
words and different spellings ( so I already had a solution, thanks).

I have mentioned many a time (inc recently in a tread about Forte
Agent) stating exactly what version I was using.


But not which dictionary you were using.


See above re your incorrect assumptions it wasn't the most
appropriate.

Get a more appropriate newsreader...


I hope to be using a later version as I migrate onto another PC and
there may well be a more up-to-date / appropriate dictionary available
for that.

None of this excuses your *attitude* of not asking and then you crying
because (once again) it's backfired on you.

Spike. 'Tim, are you using the latest dictionary and language
available?'

Tim. Yes mate, I'm running a fairly old version of FA and it's set to
the latest English dictionary file there is ...

Cheers, T i m
  #212   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 08:45:17 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 26/04/2021 13:16, T i m wrote:

If you are as serious about animal welfare as you say, you will read
that and watch the video (don't worry, there is nothing that should
make your night terrors and bed wetting any worse, given you fully
understand what goes on behind the scenes to put meat on your plate).


You make it sound as if you've lost the argument already.


Yup, as I stated, you are just a sick and cowardly troll.

Cheers, T i m
  #213   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 08:32:44 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 25/04/2021 17:46, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


You really are another idiot aren't you, unless you actually think no
lawyer has ever done a behind the scenes deal with another ... or a
fighter has never thrown the game?


Again having been caught out making things up, you turn to abuse and
deflection.


Bwhahahaha. Hey, you are serious aren't you, so let me laugh in your
face even louder BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!


Shouting down someone is a sign of a lost argument.


You are right, it can be, but in this case is because there was no
'argument' to lose. It was a troll (you) arguing against a real world
fact, *that's* something most people would just laugh at.

You have NO WAY of proving if what I'm saying is truth or not and
given I've never lied here, the chances of that particular point being
'made up' is highly unlikely.

In contrast, you (and your kind) are regularly and provably seen
making stuff up (= lying) and so 'If you cry wolf ...', just as you
have here.

a stupid blinkered troll.


Agreed, you are just a stupid troll.


Having been caught out making things up, you turn to abuse and deflection.


Bwhahahahaha! (See above for an explanation of that).

Do you (and your kind) actually think you deserve any more respect
than you typically get?

Most people simply killfile you (and your kind), is that also shouting
you down?

You have made your bed ...

Cheers, T i m

  #214   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 08:42:06 +0000, Spike
wrote:

snip

Messages Show headers
You: User-Agent: Usenapp/1.07.1/l for MacOS - Full License.
Me: X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652


Yeah, very difficult that.


So you're saying that for every message you read, you check the headers?


No, you are saying that because you are just a stupid troll. Anyone
who wasn't a stupid troll might check the headers (ON THE ONE MESSAGE
/ POSTER THEY WERE DEALING WITH), see the newsagent details and react
accordingly.

And it wasn't what you said, it was the way you said it.

Get help. Seriously, that's deranged.

I've got better things to do.


Bwhaha! So, it was easier to try to 'help' me than do nothing?


But you *were* helped - you just didn't like the message.


Bwhahahahaha ... 'By didn't like' you mean something I neither needed
or wanted and didn't actually 'help'?

So basically you (or any other troll) spout bollox and I'm supposed to
be grateful?

Cheers, T i m

Q. When you get knocked about as you have above, ****ed on more down
that hole you keep digging, do you never think that you are never
going to win and so give up? If not, why don't you give it a go, you
might feel happier?

  #215   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 08:41:43 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 26/04/2021 09:07, Tim Streater wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 25/04/2021 23:18, T i m wrote:


How about *asking* me if I had the latest dictionary file and that the
right one was enabled if you really wanted to help?


Not necessary, because your posts made it clear that you were using the
wrong dictionary.


I have mentioned many a time (inc recently in a tread about Forte
Agent) stating exactly what version I was using.


But not which dictionary you were using.


Get a more appropriate newsreader...


Why would I attention to a thread about software that I don't have and which,
indeed, I've never heard of. Or keep track of what newsreader software someone
uses - I've got better things to do. One might also expect that if someone is
excusing themselves because their software doesn't have an available UK English
dictionary, they'd say so.


Exactly - T i m ' s expectations are quite bizarre.


Yeah, crazy, that I might prefer someone that has a clue to offer me
'help'. (So that doesn't include you obviously).

On that, I can't think of a single instance where you have actually
offered me real help (and I wouldn't bother to help you, even ****ing
on you if you were on fire etc), so why don't you give up?

Cheers, T i m




  #216   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,213
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 26/04/2021 15:47, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:28:26 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip
and step-daughter read his posts.

Only from beyond the grave?

She died two years ago aged 39. Bowel cancer, loved her processed
meats ...


She inherited a set of crap genes from her parents


Given both have already lived nearly twice as long as her, I'm not
sure that's true.

Cheers, T i m


You don't understand genetic inheritance do you ?.

Hint: Both parents can carry silent genes that have no
effect, until they are combined in an offspring.
  #217   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,204
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Tuesday, 27 April 2021 at 12:39:57 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 26/04/2021 15:47, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:28:26 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip
and step-daughter read his posts.

Only from beyond the grave?

She died two years ago aged 39. Bowel cancer, loved her processed
meats ...


She inherited a set of crap genes from her parents


Given both have already lived nearly twice as long as her, I'm not
sure that's true.

Cheers, T i m

You don't understand genetic inheritance do you ?.

Hint: Both parents can carry silent genes that have no
effect, until they are combined in an offspring.


I'm betting both his parents could use both halves of their brain.

My mum had blue eyes and yet her parents both had brown eyes.

When my dad bred budgies you could get two greens ones who had blue, yellow or
even pied off-spring you couldn;t always be sure of what colours you'd end up with.
I'm betting they used the NOTA colours option when mating.


  #218   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 27/04/2021 09:18, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 25/04/2021 23:18, T i m wrote:


How about *asking* me if I had the latest dictionary file and that the
right one was enabled if you really wanted to help?


Not necessary, because your posts made it clear that you were using the
wrong dictionary.


Looks like your assumption made an ass of you then eh as I was using
the latest and most appropriate dictionary available for my newsreader
client and explained that I had to occasionally update it with new
words and different spellings ( so I already had a solution, thanks).


I have mentioned many a time (inc recently in a tread about Forte
Agent) stating exactly what version I was using.


But not which dictionary you were using.


See above re your incorrect assumptions it wasn't the most
appropriate.


No-one knew what dictionary you were using, and it isn't in the headers
that bizarrely you think we should monitor.

Get a more appropriate newsreader...


I hope to be using a later version as I migrate onto another PC and
there may well be a more up-to-date / appropriate dictionary available
for that.


Thank goodness.

None of this excuses your *attitude* of not asking and then you crying
because (once again) it's backfired on you.


None of this excuses your demand that we all monitor your headers, a
strange demand if ever there was one as it wouldn't tell us what
dictionary you were using.

Spike. 'Tim, are you using the latest dictionary and language
available?'


It isn't a question of 'latest', it's a question of the 'most appropriate'.

Tim. Yes mate, I'm running a fairly old version of FA and it's set to
the latest English dictionary file there is ...


So why did it have the word 'councilor' in it, and auto-correct from the
British English word you claimed you used??

--
Spike
  #219   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 27/04/2021 11:31, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


snip


Messages Show headers
You: User-Agent: Usenapp/1.07.1/l for MacOS - Full License.
Me: X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652


Yeah, very difficult that.


So you're saying that for every message you read, you check the headers?


No, you are saying that because you are just a stupid troll. Anyone
who wasn't a stupid troll might check the headers (ON THE ONE MESSAGE
/ POSTER THEY WERE DEALING WITH), see the newsagent details and react
accordingly.


Once again...

THE HEADERS DON'T SAY WHAT THE DICTIONARY IS!

Bwhaha! So, it was easier to try to 'help' me than do nothing?


But you *were* helped - you just didn't like the message.


Bwhahahahaha ... 'By didn't like' you mean something I neither needed
or wanted and didn't actually 'help'?


So basically you (or any other troll) spout bollox and I'm supposed to
be grateful?


Telling you that you were using the wrong dictionary wasn't 'bollox.

Q. When you get knocked about as you have above, ****ed on more down
that hole you keep digging, do you never think that you are never
going to win and so give up? If not, why don't you give it a go, you
might feel happier?


Just use the correct dictionary....it's quite simple (for most of us,
anyway).

--
Spike
  #220   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 27/04/2021 11:35, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 26/04/2021 09:07, Tim Streater wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 25/04/2021 23:18, T i m wrote:


How about *asking* me if I had the latest dictionary file and that the
right one was enabled if you really wanted to help?


Not necessary, because your posts made it clear that you were using the
wrong dictionary.


I have mentioned many a time (inc recently in a tread about Forte
Agent) stating exactly what version I was using.


But not which dictionary you were using.


Get a more appropriate newsreader...


Why would I attention to a thread about software that I don't have and which,
indeed, I've never heard of.


Exactly - T i m ' s expectations are quite bizarre.


Yeah, crazy, that I might prefer someone that has a clue to offer me
'help'. (So that doesn't include you obviously).


On that, I can't think of a single instance where you have actually
offered me real help (and I wouldn't bother to help you, even ****ing
on you if you were on fire etc), so why don't you give up?


You got helped in this very thread, but you just don't want to see it.
Hence the abuse you hurl and the deflections you use.


--
Spike


  #221   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 27/04/2021 10:09, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 25/04/2021 17:46, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


You really are another idiot aren't you, unless you actually think no
lawyer has ever done a behind the scenes deal with another ... or a
fighter has never thrown the game?


Again having been caught out making things up, you turn to abuse and
deflection.


Bwhahahaha. Hey, you are serious aren't you, so let me laugh in your
face even louder BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!


Shouting down someone is a sign of a lost argument.


You are right, it can be, but in this case is because there was no
'argument' to lose. It was a troll (you) arguing against a real world
fact, *that's* something most people would just laugh at.


You have NO WAY of proving if what I'm saying is truth or not and
given I've never lied here, the chances of that particular point being
'made up' is highly unlikely.


All we asked was for you to prove your claim. You couldn't.

In contrast, you (and your kind) are regularly and provably seen
making stuff up (= lying) and so 'If you cry wolf ...', just as you
have here.


Back to hurling abuse again...

a stupid blinkered troll.


Agreed, you are just a stupid troll.


Having been caught out making things up, you turn to abuse and deflection.


Bwhahahahaha! (See above for an explanation of that).


Do you (and your kind) actually think you deserve any more respect
than you typically get?


Most people simply killfile you (and your kind), is that also shouting
you down?


You have made your bed ...


Back to hurling abuse again...

Next time you're caught out, just fess up, it's a lot easier...

--
Spike
  #222   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 27/04/2021 09:47, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


On 26/04/2021 13:16, T i m wrote:


If you are as serious about animal welfare as you say, you will read
that and watch the video (don't worry, there is nothing that should
make your night terrors and bed wetting any worse, given you fully
understand what goes on behind the scenes to put meat on your plate).


You make it sound as if you've lost the argument already.


Yup, as I stated, you are just a sick and cowardly troll.


Get help.

--
Spike
  #223   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:39:53 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 26/04/2021 15:47, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:28:26 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip
and step-daughter read his posts.

Only from beyond the grave?

She died two years ago aged 39. Bowel cancer, loved her processed
meats ...


She inherited a set of crap genes from her parents


Given both have already lived nearly twice as long as her, I'm not
sure that's true.


You don't understand genetic inheritance do you ?.


You don't understand punctuation do you!£~)

But let's see if I can understand something, once someone presents the
information to me ...

Hint: Both parents can carry silent genes that have no
effect, until they are combined in an offspring.


So, is that a hint at the information because it's not that or the
actual information?

If it's the actual information then yes, I think I can understand that
very easily.

Oh, you *meant* 'you don't *know* about genetic inheritance ... and
no, you were right, I didn't , or did and forgot (and another example
of Bev's Bollox).

Cheers. T i m
  #224   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 15:36:07 +0000, Spike
wrote:

snip

You have NO WAY of proving if what I'm saying is truth or not and
given I've never lied here, the chances of that particular point being
'made up' is highly unlikely.


All we asked was for you to prove your claim. You couldn't.


No, you stupid troll, I *didn't*, not couldn't. I chose not to,
especially for a troll.

In contrast, you (and your kind) are regularly and provably seen
making stuff up (= lying) and so 'If you cry wolf ...', just as you
have here.


Back to hurling abuse again...


Aww, poor baby ... and 'hurling abuse' ... you really don't get out
much do you!

a stupid blinkered troll.


Agreed, you are just a stupid troll.


Having been caught out making things up, you turn to abuse and deflection.


Bwhahahahaha! (See above for an explanation of that).


Do you (and your kind) actually think you deserve any more respect
than you typically get?


Most people simply killfile you (and your kind), is that also shouting
you down?


You have made your bed ...


Back to hurling abuse again...


Aww, princess ...

Next time you're caught out, just fess up, it's a lot easier...


Nope, it's actually just as easy to completely ignore the demands of a
troll, and funnier (watching them dig deeper as they tie themselves up
in ever tighter illogical knots).

Prove you aren't a vegan? Hey everyone, 'Spuke' is a vegan!

Cheers, T i m
  #225   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 15:36:30 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 27/04/2021 09:47, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


On 26/04/2021 13:16, T i m wrote:


If you are as serious about animal welfare as you say, you will read
that and watch the video (don't worry, there is nothing that should
make your night terrors and bed wetting any worse, given you fully
understand what goes on behind the scenes to put meat on your plate).


You make it sound as if you've lost the argument already.


Yup, as I stated, you are just a sick and cowardly troll.


Get help.


So DickHeadxx (as I now think you are all the same troll), what did
you think of the video on the BBC website that didn't have any age
restrictions or anything on it? Eg, no *excuses* not to face reality?

Cheers, T i m


  #226   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 13:44:13 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 27/04/2021 11:31, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


snip


Messages Show headers
You: User-Agent: Usenapp/1.07.1/l for MacOS - Full License.
Me: X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.652


Yeah, very difficult that.


So you're saying that for every message you read, you check the headers?


No, you are saying that because you are just a stupid troll. Anyone
who wasn't a stupid troll might check the headers (ON THE ONE MESSAGE
/ POSTER THEY WERE DEALING WITH), see the newsagent details and react
accordingly.


Once again...

THE HEADERS DON'T SAY WHAT THE DICTIONARY IS!


It wasn't the dictionary I was suggest could be seen and it was that
information that would have led to a more logical solution, had you
had the brains or interest (to help not to just score points).

Bwhaha! So, it was easier to try to 'help' me than do nothing?


But you *were* helped - you just didn't like the message.


Bwhahahahaha ... 'By didn't like' you mean something I neither needed
or wanted and didn't actually 'help'?


So basically you (or any other troll) spout bollox and I'm supposed to
be grateful?


Telling you that you were using the wrong dictionary wasn't 'bollox.


It is when I wasn't *Bwhahahahahaha*!!! I was using the 'best and
only' dictionary available for that version of Agent. Done.

But, please keep em coming, you just can't make this stuff up (Or I
couldn't, you trolls can obviously).

Q. When you get knocked about as you have above, ****ed on more down
that hole you keep digging, do you never think that you are never
going to win and so give up? If not, why don't you give it a go, you
might feel happier?


Just use the correct dictionary....it's quite simple (for most of us,
anyway).


Yeah, ok, I'll do that (*not*, but if it shuts the stupid left brainer
up) ... weg

Are we having fun yet?

Cheers, T i m
  #227   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 13:44:30 +0000, Spike
wrote:
snip

Yeah, crazy, that I might prefer someone that has a clue to offer me
'help'. (So that doesn't include you obviously).


On that, I can't think of a single instance where you have actually
offered me real help (and I wouldn't bother to help you, even ****ing
on you if you were on fire etc), so why don't you give up?


You got helped in this very thread,


Bwhahahaha, no, don't, my trousers will never dry.

but you just don't want to see it.


Yeah, that must be it. You offered 'help' that didn't actually help
because there was nothing *wrong* my end and no better solution
available. So, *nothing* you suggested was any help what so ever.

Hence the abuse you hurl and the deflections you use.


Yeah, of course. Funny how anyone standing up to a troll suddenly
becomes the aggressor (only according to the aggressive troll of
course).

Right. I'm bored with ****ing on all you trolls now so you can carry
on digging!

Cheers, T i m



  #228   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 27/04/2021 11:09, T i m wrote:

snip

I've never lied here


Pull the other one.
  #229   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 27/04/2021 16:15, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 27/04/2021 09:47, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 26/04/2021 13:16, T i m wrote:


If you are as serious about animal welfare as you say, you will read
that and watch the video (don't worry, there is nothing that should
make your night terrors and bed wetting any worse, given you fully
understand what goes on behind the scenes to put meat on your plate).


You make it sound as if you've lost the argument already.


Yup, as I stated, you are just a sick and cowardly troll.


Get help.


So DickHeadxx (as I now think you are all the same troll), what did
you think of the video on the BBC website that didn't have any age
restrictions or anything on it? Eg, no *excuses* not to face reality?


The BBC website is full of no-age-restricted videos...

--
Spike
  #230   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 27 Apr 2021 16:37:01 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

snip

You'll note that T r o l l presupposes that I have a Messages menu and that
it has a Show Headers option.


Nope, not for a second, as I knew you were a Mac Fanboi and so
unlikely to run Forte Agent, but only a Goblin would take the
indication of how easy such info can be obtained so literally.

I have neither


I didn't suggest you did, just that *typically* such things are there
and appear to be easy to everone else who routinely use / quote them
(even here in this non 'technical' newsgroup).

and that's just fine, because
since I started using this newsreader I've not needed to see the headers on
any message.


Maybe that suggests you shouldn't offer advice on how someone might
change *their* system if you don't have a clue what it is (without
asking).

If I ever do, and can't find how, then I'll ask the author.


Good for you. Shame you didn't do so before offering help (although I
have less issue with your 'help' over the real trolls 'help').

I've got better things to do.


Bwhaha! So, it was easier to try to 'help' me than do nothing?


Does this Bwhaha you're so fond of, actually mean something? Do tell - I'm
keen to know.


Really? No clues from the context, nothing? (No, wait, no, I don't
suppose it would). Not able to find out either?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=bwhahahaha

Anyone would think I make this sort of thing up?

So, I have to research everything about all the candidates and
councillors, and central government (for funding) and the countries
place in world affairs to be able to cast an educated vote ... but
it's ok to give random advice on someone else's computer settings when
you have no means to determine what's wrong?

Cheers, T i m


  #231   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 40,893
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?



"whisky-dave" wrote in message
...
On Tuesday, 27 April 2021 at 12:39:57 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 26/04/2021 15:47, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:28:26 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip
and step-daughter read his posts.

Only from beyond the grave?

She died two years ago aged 39. Bowel cancer, loved her processed
meats ...

She inherited a set of crap genes from her parents

Given both have already lived nearly twice as long as her, I'm not
sure that's true.

Cheers, T i m

You don't understand genetic inheritance do you ?.

Hint: Both parents can carry silent genes that have no
effect, until they are combined in an offspring.


I'm betting both his parents could use both halves of their brain.

My mum had blue eyes and yet her parents both had brown eyes.


But you dont know who her real dad was.


  #232   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,560
Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 06:28:40 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
"This is just a hunch, but I'm betting you're kinda an argumentative
asshole.
MID:
  #233   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 27/04/2021 16:21, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 27/04/2021 11:31, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


So you're saying that for every message you read, you check the headers?


No, you are saying that because you are just a stupid troll. Anyone
who wasn't a stupid troll might check the headers (ON THE ONE MESSAGE
/ POSTER THEY WERE DEALING WITH), see the newsagent details and react
accordingly.


Once again...


THE HEADERS DON'T SAY WHAT THE DICTIONARY IS!


It wasn't the dictionary I was suggest could be seen and it was that
information that would have led to a more logical solution, had you
had the brains or interest (to help not to just score points).


But a path to the 'logical solution' was provided by me as well as others.

You may have difficulty following this, but it stems from the
obvious-to-all fact that you were using the wrong dictionary. You
replied with "Look at the headers", which of course don't show which
dictionary is in use.

At that point, having shown you the way forward, it is not up to anyone
else but you to use the information you were provided with to find a
solution to the issue of wrongly-spelled words.

However, you seem for reasons of your own to have passed somewhat
bizarrely that task to those that initially advised you as to the cause
of the problem. You could, of course, have said "Thanks for the pointer,
I'll deal with it".

But no, you then lash out at all and sundry with your usual array of ad
homs, abuse, and deflection tactics. That is not the action of a
rational person, but more one who is harbouring suppressed emotions.
That issue is in you own hands, and you are commended to deal with it
rather than live such a negative life.

--
Spike
  #234   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 28 Apr 2021 13:37:01 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

snip

T r o l l expects us to look at the headers (as you do, obvs), and from
observing he uses a version I don't use of a program I don't use on a platform
I don't use, to immediately know that it only supports a built-in or otherwise
unchangeable dictionary.


Ah, the bleating's of a very sore left brainer Goblin. ;-(

1) I don't / didn't *expect* anyone to help me.
2) I didn't need any help as I was already fully aware of the
situation.
3) I didn't ask for any help.
4) Anyone offering help could have *asked* about my current settings.
5) Anyone thinking they can be clever, assuming I had missed
something, would be advised to have the skills and tools to do so, for
fear of faceplanting.

So, what we saw is the tantrums from the left brainers when it 'looks
to them' that their unwanted, unneeded and bogus 'help', that didn't
help and was presented in a condescending / arrogant fashion (possibly
'std' for a left brainer of course) was not received graciously!

Fortunately for me, the version I use of the newsreader I use on the platform
I use, has access to the platform-wide dictionaries, so getting spelling right
(should I be in any doubt about a particular word) is easy.


As can I on the same platform with a different newsreader or a
different platform with a later newsreader etc. However, I wasn't
'complaining' about having to add the odd word to the dictionary,
something I would be very surprised wasn't done fairly often on many
dictionaries that didn't know more specialist or 'urban' / new words.

But then T r o l
l has form for trolling the platform I use on newsgroups related to the
platform I use,


Bwhahahaha .... yes, to (some of) the Mac Fanbois and we all know what
they can be like eh!

where I observed him getting a good SPANKING from residents
there - for trolling.


No you didn't, you are lying again, something you seem to be doing
more and more as you deteriorate. ;-(

What I learned is that 'some people' are far more interested in their
chosen OS than I have ever been about *any* ... and that's it's
perfectly ok for someone to trash anything and everything Apple, as
long as you keep bending over and buying the stuff (and you were one
of the worst for that).

It's exactly the same re Linux, the only difference is they have more
sense than money!

Anyway, I'm glad you are still suffering from the fantasies from all
that long ago! (Oh, and I have used that comp.sys.mac NG several times
since I gave it us as a bad job and with no issue).

So, is this *really* how desperate you have become, trying to spread
FUD because you have nothing better? ;-(

Don't worry, you will be happily sharpening pencils and stopping
people from acting upon their democratic right by not wearing face
masks in the village hall tomorrow, so that should make you happy. ;-)

Do you have to make you own hi-viz vest and can we guess what it has
written on the back? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. And all this is of the back of a simple spelling mistake when
most people here consider spellings to be the least of anyone's
worries as long as the meaning is clear. But hey, I can see how easy
it would be for a left brainier to be confused re the meaning of the
word 'councilor'. Maybe they need to see a counsellor. ;-)
  #235   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:02:22 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 27/04/2021 16:21, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 27/04/2021 11:31, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


So you're saying that for every message you read, you check the headers?


No, you are saying that because you are just a stupid troll. Anyone
who wasn't a stupid troll might check the headers (ON THE ONE MESSAGE
/ POSTER THEY WERE DEALING WITH), see the newsagent details and react
accordingly.


Once again...


THE HEADERS DON'T SAY WHAT THE DICTIONARY IS!


It wasn't the dictionary I was suggest could be seen and it was that
information that would have led to a more logical solution, had you
had the brains or interest (to help not to just score points).


But a path to the 'logical solution' was provided by me as well as others.


Provided to whom? I neither wanted, needed nor used your or anyone
else's 'solution's so it was returned to sender(s) (unused).

You may have difficulty following this, but it stems from the
obvious-to-all fact that you were using the wrong dictionary.


Bwhahahahah ... and I bet you never let this go (because you are sick
and so can't).

You
replied with "Look at the headers", which of course don't show which
dictionary is in use.


It wasn't meant to. It was meant to allow anyone with the skills /
experience to be reminded that the chances were that I was using the
only appropriate dictionary available to software that old.

At that point, having shown you the way forward, it is not up to anyone
else but you to use the information you were provided with to find a
solution to the issue of wrongly-spelled words.


I already had, I added (and have been adding / correcting) them
myself, *LONG* before your interference.

However, you seem for reasons of your own to have passed somewhat
bizarrely that task to those that initially advised you as to the cause
of the problem.


Now, if I had been 'advised' then it may be different, but when it's
from some troll and wasn't any use, why would anyone?

You could, of course, have said "Thanks for the pointer,
I'll deal with it".


See above.

But no, you then lash out at all and sundry


Oh bless sob, 'princess', I'm so sorry you are just a pathetic
little snowflake!!!

with your usual array of ad
homs, abuse, and deflection tactics.


Yeah, that was what it was.

That is not the action of a
rational person, but more one who is harbouring suppressed emotions.


Oh bless, you are serious aren't you, let me make it clear to you by
laughing in your face even louder BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That issue is in you own hands, and you are commended to deal with it
rather than live such a negative life.


I'm having a fine life thanks. Been happily playing with my home
automation system and currently my battery charger multiplexor that's
getting on OK. Reading the terminal voltage back from 4 x 12V LA
batteries and sequencing the charger over all for, over the first 4
days of each month (before turning the charger off).

Just about to tweak the case design I used for another project and get
it going on the 3D printer before I do us some tea (that doesn't
involve any animal cruelty and / or death of course). It will probably
be something light as we had a late brunch of sausages, baked beans
and mushrooms on some home made wholegrain bread and half a baked
sweet potato.

I might make some peanut butter and oat flapjacks later. ;-)

Cheers, T i m



  #236   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,213
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 27/04/2021 16:47, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:39:53 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 26/04/2021 15:47, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 14:28:26 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip
and step-daughter read his posts.

Only from beyond the grave?

She died two years ago aged 39. Bowel cancer, loved her processed
meats ...

She inherited a set of crap genes from her parents

Given both have already lived nearly twice as long as her, I'm not
sure that's true.


You don't understand genetic inheritance do you ?.


You don't understand punctuation do you!£~)

But let's see if I can understand something, once someone presents the
information to me ...

Hint: Both parents can carry silent genes that have no
effect, until they are combined in an offspring.


So, is that a hint at the information because it's not that or the
actual information?

If it's the actual information then yes, I think I can understand that
very easily.

Oh, you *meant* 'you don't *know* about genetic inheritance ... and
no, you were right, I didn't , or did and forgot (and another example
of Bev's Bollox).

Cheers. T i m

who is Bev, and what has (s)he got to do with your inability to
understand how people inherit their genes ?.
  #237   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 28/04/2021 18:41, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 27/04/2021 16:21, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


THE HEADERS DON'T SAY WHAT THE DICTIONARY IS!


It wasn't the dictionary I was suggest could be seen and it was that
information that would have led to a more logical solution, had you
had the brains or interest (to help not to just score points).


But a path to the 'logical solution' was provided by me as well as others.


Provided to whom? I neither wanted, needed nor used your or anyone
else's 'solution's so it was returned to sender(s) (unused).


Then why do look for 'a more logical solution' (your words) to the
inappropriate dictionary issue?

You
replied with "Look at the headers", which of course don't show which
dictionary is in use.


It wasn't meant to. It was meant to allow anyone with the skills /
experience to be reminded that the chances were that I was using the
only appropriate dictionary available to software that old.


At that point, having shown you the way forward, it is not up to anyone
else but you to use the information you were provided with to find a
solution to the issue of wrongly-spelled words.


I already had, I added (and have been adding / correcting) them
myself, *LONG* before your interference.


However, you seem for reasons of your own to have passed somewhat
bizarrely that task to those that initially advised you as to the cause
of the problem.


Now, if I had been 'advised' then it may be different, but when it's
from some troll and wasn't any use, why would anyone?


Then why do look for 'a more logical solution' (your words) to the
inappropriate dictionary issue?

You could, of course, have said "Thanks for the pointer,
I'll deal with it".


But no, you then lash out at all and sundry
with your usual array of ad
homs, abuse, and deflection tactics.


Yeah, that was what it was.


That is not the action of a
rational person, but more one who is harbouring suppressed emotions.


Oh bless, you are serious aren't you, let me make it clear to you by
laughing in your face even louder BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!


That issue is in you own hands, and you are commended to deal with it
rather than live such a negative life.


I'm having a fine life thanks. Been happily playing with my home
automation system and currently my battery charger multiplexor that's
getting on OK. Reading the terminal voltage back from 4 x 12V LA
batteries and sequencing the charger over all for, over the first 4
days of each month (before turning the charger off).


Well, you've obviously flogged 'cognitive dissonance' to death, so it's
now time to move on to learning about 'displacement activity', which is
what the above represents.

For someone who didn't know who their energy supplier was, or how much
energy you used, or what your bills were, one has to ask why you're
farting about at this level. Could it be that Alexa (or whoever) is the
only one that listens to you and acts on your orders? The only one that
you can vent your spleen at? That's a 'displacement activity' because
you're loading ('displacing') on to Alexa (or whoever) the anger and/or
grief that you feel you can't express in any other way?

In case you're having difficulty grasping the spirit of this message,
the above translates to 'Get Help'.

I might make some peanut butter and oat flapjacks later. ;-)


Check that it's free of aflatoxin.

--
Spike
  #238   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:23:49 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 28/04/2021 18:41, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 27/04/2021 16:21, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


THE HEADERS DON'T SAY WHAT THE DICTIONARY IS!


It wasn't the dictionary I was suggest could be seen and it was that
information that would have led to a more logical solution, had you
had the brains or interest (to help not to just score points).


But a path to the 'logical solution' was provided by me as well as others.


Provided to whom? I neither wanted, needed nor used your or anyone
else's 'solution's so it was returned to sender(s) (unused).


Then why do look for 'a more logical solution' (your words) to the
inappropriate dictionary issue?


I said that it *WOULD HAVE BEEN* 'that information' that 'would have'
led to a 'more logical solution' *had there been one*.

But that information wasn't present but the information that *WAS
PRESENT* would have been sufficient for anyone interested in
*actually* helping. Eg, not trolls.

You twist and turn but just can't get out of that hole can you.

You
replied with "Look at the headers", which of course don't show which
dictionary is in use.


It wasn't meant to. It was meant to allow anyone with the skills /
experience to be reminded that the chances were that I was using the
only appropriate dictionary available to software that old.


At that point, having shown you the way forward, it is not up to anyone
else but you to use the information you were provided with to find a
solution to the issue of wrongly-spelled words.


I already had, I added (and have been adding / correcting) them
myself, *LONG* before your interference.


However, you seem for reasons of your own to have passed somewhat
bizarrely that task to those that initially advised you as to the cause
of the problem.


Now, if I had been 'advised' then it may be different, but when it's
from some troll and wasn't any use, why would anyone?


Then why do look for 'a more logical solution' (your words) to the
inappropriate dictionary issue?


See above.


You could, of course, have said "Thanks for the pointer,
I'll deal with it".


But no, you then lash out at all and sundry
with your usual array of ad
homs, abuse, and deflection tactics.


Yeah, that was what it was.


That is not the action of a
rational person, but more one who is harbouring suppressed emotions.


Oh bless, you are serious aren't you, let me make it clear to you by
laughing in your face even louder BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!


That issue is in you own hands, and you are commended to deal with it
rather than live such a negative life.


I'm having a fine life thanks. Been happily playing with my home
automation system and currently my battery charger multiplexor that's
getting on OK. Reading the terminal voltage back from 4 x 12V LA
batteries and sequencing the charger over all for, over the first 4
days of each month (before turning the charger off).


Well, you've obviously flogged 'cognitive dissonance' to death, so it's
now time to move on to learning about 'displacement activity', which is
what the above represents.


Aw bless. Again, you seem to think you have some level of insight into
my life (and I'm honoured you are so fascinated by me) when you have
none, zero, zilch.

I have been tweaking / adding / honing my HA system all along, not
just moving it of a RPi an onto an Odroid but upgrading the Zigbee
coordinator (so re-pairing 35 devices) and building several new (ESP32
based) nodes to do all sorts of things.

For someone who didn't know who their energy supplier was,


I knew it was with Sainsbury's but they gave it to someone else ...

or how much
energy you used,


And partly why I am now monitoring the whole house and 4 devices for
their power usage ...

or what your bills were,


I don't handle 'the bills' ...

one has to ask why you're
farting about at this level.


Of course *you* would have to ask, because you are just a thick troll
and want to do more trolling.

Could it be that Alexa (or whoever) is the
only one that listens to you and acts on your orders?


I doubt it as I rarely use *any* voice operated things so that's
Faceplant No1 (why *DO* you constantly do this to yourself???). You
probably told us more about yourself (and your insecurities) than you
intended there? ;-(

The only one that
you can vent your spleen at?


See above (Faceplant No2 (it's gotta be hurting now?))

That's a 'displacement activity' because
you're loading ('displacing') on to Alexa (or whoever) the anger and/or
grief that you feel you can't express in any other way?


And faceplant No3. (I'm pretty sure doing this isn't good for you).

In case you're having difficulty grasping the spirit of this message,
the above translates to 'Get Help'.


And (so) Faceplant No4. Ouch!

I might make some peanut butter and oat flapjacks later. ;-)


Check that it's free of aflatoxin.


Aww, bless, he cares about me soooo much, more so than anyone else
here who might also eat peanut butter, nuts, rice, spices, dried foods
and cows milk (but what weirdo would suckle the milk from a different
species and deny / kill it's own offspring to do it!). ;-(

Are we having fun yet (I am).

Cheers, T i m
  #239   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On 29/04/2021 09:25, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 28/04/2021 18:41, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 27/04/2021 16:21, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


THE HEADERS DON'T SAY WHAT THE DICTIONARY IS!


Then why do look for 'a more logical solution' (your words) to the
inappropriate dictionary issue?


I said that it *WOULD HAVE BEEN* 'that information' that 'would have'
led to a 'more logical solution' *had there been one*.


That's post-facto justification...

But that information wasn't present but the information that *WAS
PRESENT* would have been sufficient for anyone interested in
*actually* helping. Eg, not trolls.


You twist and turn but just can't get out of that hole can you.


It's not up to us to do the work for you...

You could, of course, have said "Thanks for the pointer,
I'll deal with it".


BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I have been tweaking / adding / honing my HA system all along, not
just moving it of a RPi an onto an Odroid but upgrading the Zigbee
coordinator (so re-pairing 35 devices) and building several new (ESP32
based) nodes to do all sorts of things.


See what I mean by 'displacement activity'?
One has to ask why you're farting about at this level.


Faceplant No1


Faceplant No2


Faceplant No3


Faceplant No4


I might make some peanut butter and oat flapjacks later. ;-)


Check that it's free of aflatoxin.


Aww, bless, he cares about me soooo much, more so than anyone else
here who might also eat peanut butter, nuts, rice, spices, dried foods
and cows milk


Are we having fun yet (I am).


Oh dear...

--
Spike
  #240   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 09:48:32 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 29/04/2021 09:25, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 28/04/2021 18:41, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 27/04/2021 16:21, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:


THE HEADERS DON'T SAY WHAT THE DICTIONARY IS!


Then why do look for 'a more logical solution' (your words) to the
inappropriate dictionary issue?


I said that it *WOULD HAVE BEEN* 'that information' that 'would have'
led to a 'more logical solution' *had there been one*.


That's post-facto justification...


The review of it because we are discussing it after the case (doh!)
but the RW function of it wasn't (but keep digging ... I predicted you
would never let it go, even though you are patently in the wrong for
reasons you will be never able to comprehend). Such is the way of the
left brainer troll ... ;-(

But that information wasn't present but the information that *WAS
PRESENT* would have been sufficient for anyone interested in
*actually* helping. Eg, not trolls.


You twist and turn but just can't get out of that hole can you.


It's not up to us to do the work for you...


Of course not but why did you ever assume it was (is your problem).

You could, of course, have said "Thanks for the pointer,
I'll deal with it".


BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I have been tweaking / adding / honing my HA system all along, not
just moving it of a RPi an onto an Odroid but upgrading the Zigbee
coordinator (so re-pairing 35 devices) and building several new (ESP32
based) nodes to do all sorts of things.


See what I mean by 'displacement activity'?


How can it be 'displacement' when I've been doing both simultaneously
(but please keep digging)?

snip

So, getting back on topic (no matter how much you prefer to discuss
me) and given you know the answer to everything, what are the chances
of a political party that is highly outnumbered in any particular
group (specifically local borough in this case) having any real power
to stop bad things and at the same time being likely (simply because
they are 'in opposition') of interrupting genuine 'good causes'?

eg, Could a council that was 100% one party, be in a better position
to do all things more efficiently, without having to waste time (re
the 'good things') 'arguing' over something that is likely to go
through anyway?

Cheers, T i m
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hillary Clinton's TPP opposition shows just how worried she is aboutBernie Sanders jon_banquer[_2_] Metalworking 0 October 8th 15 03:45 PM
local woodturner on local tv in Maryland marc rosen Woodturning 0 June 17th 09 05:26 PM
Local woodturner on local tv in Maryland marc rosen Woodworking 0 June 17th 09 05:24 PM
Timber, politics and the quality of life. N. Thornton UK diy 0 June 1st 04 12:44 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2024 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"