Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Local politics, opposition?

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:23:49 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 28/04/2021 18:41, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 27/04/2021 16:21, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:

THE HEADERS DON'T SAY WHAT THE DICTIONARY IS!

It wasn't the dictionary I was suggest could be seen and it was that
information that would have led to a more logical solution, had you
had the brains or interest (to help not to just score points).

But a path to the 'logical solution' was provided by me as well as others.

Provided to whom? I neither wanted, needed nor used your or anyone
else's 'solution's so it was returned to sender(s) (unused).

Then why do look for 'a more logical solution' (your words) to the
inappropriate dictionary issue?

I said that it *WOULD HAVE BEEN* 'that information' that 'would have'
led to a 'more logical solution' *had there been one*.

But that information wasn't present but the information that *WAS
PRESENT* would have been sufficient for anyone interested in
*actually* helping. Eg, not trolls.

You twist and turn but just can't get out of that hole can you.

You
replied with "Look at the headers", which of course don't show which
dictionary is in use.

It wasn't meant to. It was meant to allow anyone with the skills /
experience to be reminded that the chances were that I was using the
only appropriate dictionary available to software that old.

At that point, having shown you the way forward, it is not up to anyone
else but you to use the information you were provided with to find a
solution to the issue of wrongly-spelled words.

I already had, I added (and have been adding / correcting) them
myself, *LONG* before your interference.

However, you seem for reasons of your own to have passed somewhat
bizarrely that task to those that initially advised you as to the cause
of the problem.

Now, if I had been 'advised' then it may be different, but when it's
from some troll and wasn't any use, why would anyone?

Then why do look for 'a more logical solution' (your words) to the
inappropriate dictionary issue?

See above.

You could, of course, have said "Thanks for the pointer,
I'll deal with it".

But no, you then lash out at all and sundry
with your usual array of ad
homs, abuse, and deflection tactics.

Yeah, that was what it was.

That is not the action of a
rational person, but more one who is harbouring suppressed emotions.

Oh bless, you are serious aren't you, let me make it clear to you by
laughing in your face even louder BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That issue is in you own hands, and you are commended to deal with it
rather than live such a negative life.

I'm having a fine life thanks. Been happily playing with my home
automation system and currently my battery charger multiplexor that's
getting on OK. Reading the terminal voltage back from 4 x 12V LA
batteries and sequencing the charger over all for, over the first 4
days of each month (before turning the charger off).

Well, you've obviously flogged 'cognitive dissonance' to death, so it's
now time to move on to learning about 'displacement activity', which is
what the above represents.

Aw bless. Again, you seem to think you have some level of insight into
my life (and I'm honoured you are so fascinated by me) when you have
none, zero, zilch.

I have been tweaking / adding / honing my HA system all along, not
just moving it of a RPi an onto an Odroid but upgrading the Zigbee
coordinator (so re-pairing 35 devices) and building several new (ESP32
based) nodes to do all sorts of things.

For someone who didn't know who their energy supplier was,

I knew it was with Sainsbury's but they gave it to someone else ...

or how much
energy you used,

And partly why I am now monitoring the whole house and 4 devices for
their power usage ...

or what your bills were,

I don't handle 'the bills' ...

one has to ask why you're
farting about at this level.

Of course *you* would have to ask, because you are just a thick troll
and want to do more trolling.

Could it be that Alexa (or whoever) is the
only one that listens to you and acts on your orders?

I doubt it as I rarely use *any* voice operated things so that's
Faceplant No1 (why *DO* you constantly do this to yourself???). You
probably told us more about yourself (and your insecurities) than you
intended there? ;-(

The only one that
you can vent your spleen at?

See above (Faceplant No2 (it's gotta be hurting now?))

That's a 'displacement activity' because
you're loading ('displacing') on to Alexa (or whoever) the anger and/or
grief that you feel you can't express in any other way?

And faceplant No3. (I'm pretty sure doing this isn't good for you).

In case you're having difficulty grasping the spirit of this message,
the above translates to 'Get Help'.

And (so) Faceplant No4. Ouch!

I might make some peanut butter and oat flapjacks later. ;-)

Check that it's free of aflatoxin.

Aww, bless, he cares about me soooo much, more so than anyone else
here who might also eat peanut butter, nuts, rice, spices, dried foods
and cows milk (but what weirdo would suckle the milk from a different
species and deny / kill it's own offspring to do it!). ;-(

Are we having fun yet (I am).

Cheers, T i m