Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Red diesel

On 05/03/2020 17:26, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 17:16:38 +0000, Robin wrote:

On 05/03/2020 16:02, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Thu, 05 Mar 2020 15:31:06 +0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 07:21:37 -0800 (PST), fred wrote:

[quoted text muted]

The dye maybe, but there are other tracers or at least that is what we
are lead to believe. B-)

Tiniest traces of radioactive marker ?

no

"Developed by the chemical company Dow, a chemical €”
((3-(sec-butyl)-4-(decyloxy)phenyl)methanetriyl) tribenzene €” is added
to the diesel as a marker. Once it has been added to the fuel, it is
difficult to remove €” giving HMRC a better chance of identifying any
fraud. The marker is easily detected using gas chromatography-mass
spectrometry €” but laboratory testing means delays in combatting the
fraud."

From https://tinyurl.com/tdta292 or
https://www.chromatographytoday.com/...detected/37727

Ta, I didn't realise they'd both changed and gone public.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 16:04, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 19:37:15 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

I thought there was talk of a rebate scheme of some sort for farmers
(but not other users such as canal boats)

Not in anything I read.

... quite surprised that 15% of all diesel sales are red diesel ...

Yes it struck me as quite high but then anything diesel powered and
not licenced for road use probably runs on red. Construction
machinery and the like.

I have noticed that many of the hire shops pull that ruse as well. Send
a machine back with less than a full tank, and they charge you DERV
prices to replenish what was used, yet it usually comes pre-filled with
red.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 16:04, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 19:37:15 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

I thought there was talk of a rebate scheme of some sort for farmers
(but not other users such as canal boats)

Not in anything I read.

... quite surprised that 15% of all diesel sales are red diesel ...

Yes it struck me as quite high but then anything diesel powered and
not licenced for road use probably runs on red. Construction
machinery and the like.

I was once involved in testing two 24MW gas-turbine powered generator
sets. We burnt 250,000 litres while testing. Peak rate was 120 litres
per minute! A very, very small quantity of it was used for the on-site
crane, forklift, welding sets and lighting towers.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
idual.net...
On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 18:11:00 -0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) wrote:

Far better to give those who need the use of a lot of it a grant to get
them over the hump of moving to a better fuel.

Like what? I see no electric tractors, combine harvesters,
construction machinery...

Some do grow their own fuel, biodiesel.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 06:09 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER THREE HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 06:09:21 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

06:09??? So you've been up and trolling for OVER THREE HOURS ...so far! LMAO

"That’s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 05 Mar 2020 07:21:37 -0800, fred wrote:

Some time back the EU decreed that pleasure craft could no longer use
'red/green' diesel.Problem was all the suppliers on Ireland's inland
waterways only ever supplied red/green so the customs agreed private
boaters could continue using red/green but once a year should report to
the customs the quantity used and pony up the difference in the two tax
rates. Yea right like that's going to happen.

Yes, back in 2007. And as far as I can tell, the UK agreed.

wish to copy them they can pay me Β£1 a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , John_j
wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ividual.net...
On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 18:11:00 -0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) wrote:

Far better to give those who need the use of a lot of it a grant to get
them over the hump of moving to a better fuel.

Like what? I see no electric tractors, combine harvesters,
construction machinery...

Some do grow their own fuel, biodiesel.

Some *who* do that?

Quite a few in the first world.

If you're thinking of Brazil,

Nope.

remember that they have 33 times our land area for less than twice the
population. They can afford the land, we can't.

"Once you adopt the unix paradigm, the variants cease to be a problem -
you
bitch, of course, but that's because bitching is fun, unlike M$ OS's,
where bitching is required to keep your head from exploding." - S Stremler
in afc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 12:08 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for EXACLY ELEVEN HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 12:08:09 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH troll****

12:08??? LOL So you've been up and trolling for EXACTLY ELEVEN HOURS, ALL
night long, and ALL morning, yet AGAIN! LMAO

--
Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2020 11:22:23, newshound wrote:
On 04/03/2020 11:05, Dave Liquorice wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51731757

"Rishi Sunak is set to announce in next week's budget that red diesel
- so-called because it is marked with a dye - will no longer attract
a lower fuel duty. It currently accounts for about 15% of total
diesel sales in the UK and costs the Treasury about Β£2.4bn a year in
revenue."

Red disel current attracts 11.1 p/l duty. "Road" diesel 57.7 p/l.

The reporting of these rumoured changes also hint that the freeze on
fuel duty may well end.

Think I might be filling the genset and paying a visit to the local
garage and to top up the jerry can and a 25 l drum or two...

Not just "**** Business", then. **** the farmers too.

Nah, they'll just use heating oil. Only 5% VAT too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2020 17:52:51, Robin wrote:
On 05/03/2020 17:26, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 17:16:38 +0000, Robin wrote:

On 05/03/2020 16:02, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Thu, 05 Mar 2020 15:31:06 +0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 07:21:37 -0800 (PST), fred wrote:

[quoted text muted]

The dye maybe, but there are other tracers or at least that is what we
are lead to believe.Β* B-)

Β*From https://tinyurl.com/tdta292 or
https://www.chromatographytoday.com/...detected/37727

Ta, I didn't realise they'd both changed and gone public.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_dyes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I would have thought the authorities would have little choice but
provide details of the marker.

Otherwise what evidence are they going to produce to gain a conviction
for unsolicited use?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:

I would have thought the authorities would have little choice but
provide details of the marker.

Otherwise what evidence are they going to produce to gain a conviction
for unsolicited use?

You mean in the same way that they publicly declare all the
security measures in coins and folding money?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/03/2020 08:04, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Fredxx wrote:

I would have thought the authorities would have little choice but
provide details of the marker.

Otherwise what evidence are they going to produce to gain a conviction
for unsolicited use?

You mean in the same way that they publicly declare all the
security measures in coins and folding money?

The fuel markers are declared in legislation. What I didn't know was
that the new one was a chemical marker rather than a coded marker (a bit
like Smar****er).

--
Robin

Red diesel current price? Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 82 January 20th 17 05:22 PM
How to tell wniter diesel from summer diesel Ignoramus24757 Metalworking 12 November 5th 12 01:44 AM
Spare red diesel Bodgit UK diy 14 May 16th 11 08:10 PM
Spare red diesel Tabby UK diy 0 May 16th 11 09:56 AM
kerosene/red diesel in Stirling Scotland gazz UK diy 10 August 14th 09 07:12 PM