Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default kerosene/red diesel in Stirling Scotland

i have an eberspacher diesel fueled heating system in my motorhome,

i usually fill the 50 litre tank that feeds it up before we go away at my
bulk local fuel suppliers, and pay around 50p a litre for kerosene, and 55p
a litre for red diesel, (heater will run on either, but is hotter and less
smelly on diesel.. but builds up carbon, which a tank of kerosene clears
out)

like a numpty i didnt fill the tank before this trip, as we only planned to
go as far as the lake district, we are not in stirling, scotland, and are
planning to go upto loch ness and then head back slowly, and were almost out
of fuel in the heaters tank.

i've had a google, but cant seem to find a place that sells red diesel
around here, and the only places that do heating oil have a 500 litre min
purchase, and wont allow anything but a tanker delivery.

Anyone from this area know of a heating fuels supplier that sells from a
pump via a normal petrol pump type nozzle?
or a place i can buy the 20 litre drums of parafin for sensable prices?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:30:11 +0100, "gazz" wrote:

i have an eberspacher diesel fueled heating system in my motorhome,

Speedy hire in stirling should be able to sell it to you in 20 l drums

But you wont pay 55p a litre for red diesel ,you might as well fill up
at the pump.

http://www.motorboatsmonthly.co.uk/a...14mbmnews.html

--

Usnet Nutter

Stuart B
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 00:10:52 +0100, Stuart B wrote:

But you wont pay 55p a litre for red diesel ,you might as well fill up
at the pump.

http://www.motorboatsmonthly.co.uk/a...8134014mbmnews.
html

That is red bought for powering boats through the water not red
bought for other purposes, like running a heater or generator or some
classes of vehicle.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gazz wrote:
[...]

You could try http://heatingoilsscotland.co.uk/ to see what their prices are
like. They do supply everything you have mentioned.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BigWallop wrote:
gazz wrote:
[...]

Oh Oh !!! That link should be http://heatingoilscotland.co.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gazz" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

like a numpty i didnt fill the tank before this trip, as we only planned
to go as far as the lake district, we are not in stirling, scotland, and
are planning to go upto loch ness and then head back slowly, and were
almost out of fuel in the heaters tank.

Either swallow your pride and spend the extra £20 on filling it with
normal diesel, or ask around some farmers, in farm stores etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian wrote:
"gazz" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

like a numpty i didnt fill the tank before this trip, as we only planned
to go as far as the lake district, we are not in stirling, scotland, and
are planning to go upto loch ness and then head back slowly, and were
almost out of fuel in the heaters tank.

Either swallow your pride and spend the extra £20 on filling it with
normal diesel, or ask around some farmers, in farm stores etc.

The right person on a construction site might arrange some for much less
than 50p/litre;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gazz" wrote in message
[...]

It might be worth phoning one of the marinas on the Forth & Clyde Canal to
ask if they would fill your heating tank with red diesel at the "heating"
rate.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gazz" wrote in message
[...]

Go to Yell.com and search for Oil Fuel Distributers and Suppliers. I'm sure
you'll find what you need.
--
Dave Baker

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 13, 11:30*pm, "gazz" wrote:

go as far as the lake district, we are not in stirling, scotland,

So where exactly are you then?

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:
On Aug 13, 11:30 pm, "gazz" wrote:

go as far as the lake district, we are not in stirling, scotland,

So where exactly are you then?

MBQ

I think he means " we are now in Stirling, Scotland"