Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Weale John Weale is offline

Default kerosene/red diesel in Stirling Scotland

"gazz" wrote in message
i have an eberspacher diesel fueled heating system in my motorhome,

i usually fill the 50 litre tank that feeds it up before we go away at my
bulk local fuel suppliers, and pay around 50p a litre for kerosene, and
55p
a litre for red diesel, (heater will run on either, but is hotter and less
smelly on diesel.. but builds up carbon, which a tank of kerosene clears
out)

like a numpty i didnt fill the tank before this trip, as we only planned
go as far as the lake district, we are not in stirling, scotland, and are
planning to go upto loch ness and then head back slowly, and were almost
out
of fuel in the heaters tank.

i've had a google, but cant seem to find a place that sells red diesel
around here, and the only places that do heating oil have a 500 litre min
purchase, and wont allow anything but a tanker delivery.

Anyone from this area know of a heating fuels supplier that sells from a
pump via a normal petrol pump type nozzle?
or a place i can buy the 20 litre drums of parafin for sensable prices?

It might be worth phoning one of the marinas on the Forth & Clyde Canal to
ask if they would fill your heating tank with red diesel at the "heating"
rate.