Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Red diesel

On 05/03/2020 16:04, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 19:37:15 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

I thought there was talk of a rebate scheme of some sort for farmers
(but not other users such as canal boats)

Not in anything I read.

... quite surprised that 15% of all diesel sales are red diesel ...

Yes it struck me as quite high but then anything diesel powered and
not licenced for road use probably runs on red. Construction
machinery and the like.

I have noticed that many of the hire shops pull that ruse as well. Send
a machine back with less than a full tank, and they charge you DERV
prices to replenish what was used, yet it usually comes pre-filled with
red.

--
Cheers,

John.