Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Red diesel

On 05/03/2020 16:04, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 19:37:15 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

I thought there was talk of a rebate scheme of some sort for farmers
(but not other users such as canal boats)

Not in anything I read.

... quite surprised that 15% of all diesel sales are red diesel ...

Yes it struck me as quite high but then anything diesel powered and
not licenced for road use probably runs on red. Construction
machinery and the like.

I was once involved in testing two 24MW gas-turbine powered generator
sets. We burnt 250,000 litres while testing. Peak rate was 120 litres
per minute! A very, very small quantity of it was used for the on-site
crane, forklift, welding sets and lighting towers.

SteveW