Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Red diesel

On Thu, 05 Mar 2020 07:21:37 -0800, fred wrote:

Some time back the EU decreed that pleasure craft could no longer use
'red/green' diesel.Problem was all the suppliers on Ireland's inland
waterways only ever supplied red/green so the customs agreed private
boaters could continue using red/green but once a year should report to
the customs the quantity used and pony up the difference in the two tax
rates. Yea right like that's going to happen.

Yes, back in 2007. And as far as I can tell, the UK agreed.