raden

Default Petrol in a Diesel car (ooops).

In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 00:17:21 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The general ability of the average americian is well below that of
the average britisher, just look at an americian chansaw manual if
you need any convincing about the corectness of my statement.

That's more to do with a litigation cultire.

But if the American had some common sense makers wouldn't need to
spell out in words of one syllable what you shouldn't use a particular
device for. The "it must be safe because I haven't be told it isn't"
attitude is the first step to getting a Darwin Award.

You are, of course, ignoring the "how can I make a quick buck" culture
`
--
geoff
raden

In message , Jimbo
writes

"MBQ" wrote in message
. com...
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message

hill.com...
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 00:17:21 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The general ability of the average americian is well below that of
the average britisher, just look at an americian chansaw manual if
you need any convincing about the corectness of my statement.

Capitals equate to shouting, don't do it

JUST HAD TO STICK THIS IN AT THIS POINT. DOES YOUR COMMENT ABOVE EXPLAIN WHY
THE YANKS HAVE THE STRONGEST ECONOMY,

It's ****ed, it really isn't strong at all. In fact it's so deeply in
debt the Septics are in for a hard time (after the election of course -
whoever wins, it doesn't matter

LOWEST TAXES AND CHEAPEST LUXURY LIFE
STYLE IN THEY WORLD.

Borrowed time sunshine, the septics are using up our common resources

The most environmentally friendly solution would be to kill every
american. This would substantially prolong the planet's limited
resources. A good Septic is one who is well composted

--
geoff
raden

In message , Rick Dipper
writes
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:33:45 +0000 (UTC), "Jimbo"
(remove $ ) wrote:

"MBQ" wrote in message
.com...
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message

whill.com...
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 00:17:21 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The general ability of the average americian is well below that of
the average britisher, just look at an americian chansaw manual if
you need any convincing about the corectness of my statement.

JUST HAD TO STICK THIS IN AT THIS POINT. DOES YOUR COMMENT ABOVE EXPLAIN WHY
THE YANKS HAVE THE STRONGEST ECONOMY, LOWEST TAXES AND CHEAPEST LUXURY LIFE
STYLE IN THEY WORLD.

YANKS are southern americians, northerners are insulted by the term.

Who gives a toss?

They're all Septics

--
geoff
raden

In message , Mike Mitchell
writes
The easiest way to dispose of petrol is to burn it, but be somewhat
carefull if you try.

I suppose you could always insert a card in the newsagents, asking if
any local murderers have a body they want to dispose of...

A certain Mike Absalom song springs to mind

--
geoff

Rick Dipper wrote:
JUST HAD TO STICK THIS IN AT THIS POINT. DOES YOUR COMMENT ABOVE EXPLAIN WHY
THE YANKS HAVE THE STRONGEST ECONOMY, LOWEST TAXES AND CHEAPEST LUXURY LIFE
STYLE IN THEY WORLD.

YANKS are southern americians, northerners are insulted by the term.

"Yankees" are Northerners but general usage is that "Yank" means any
USAian nowadays.

--
Chris Green

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mike Mitchell wrote:
For instance, the type of nozzle for Diesel could be shaped in such a
way that it would not fit on a petrol-driven vehicle, and vice versa.

It already is...

--
*If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , MBQ
wrote:

Or the british woman who ignored the warning not to mix pool cleaning
chemicals in the same bucket:

Quite. She is trying to claim compensation now, for her own stupidity. She
acknowledged that she read the instructions and then went her own sweet way!

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
IMM wrote:
Totally correct. The US write simple clear English. I always use the US
book Elements of Style of English by Strunck & White. The only way to
write English.

Now that's some endorsement...

--
*Women like silent men; they think they're listening.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
IMM

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Jimbo
writes

"MBQ" wrote in message
[...]

Maxie, you are bitter and twisted. Did some Yanks steal your Oriental babe
in the far east? Must be some deep underlying reason.

Dave Liquorice

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:31:42 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

For instance, the type of nozzle for Diesel could be shaped in such
a way that it would not fit on a petrol-driven vehicle, and vice
versa.

It already is...

Only for a car that must, normally because it has a CAT, have
unleaded. Though I guess there aren't many cars, in normal use, that
are old enough not to have a CAT.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Dave Plowman (News)

In article om,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Only for a car that must, normally because it has a CAT, have
unleaded. Though I guess there aren't many cars, in normal use, that
are old enough not to have a CAT.

I've got one...;-)

I suppose we must blame the popularity of diesel cars for these problems.
At one time the only diesel pump was well away and easily identified by
the sticky mess under it. Still didn't stop some managing to use it on a
petrol car - "oh good, the only 'free' pump with lots of space to draw up
to"

--
*The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
timegoesby

tony sayer wrote in message ...
In article , IMM writes

"Jimbo" (remove $ ) wrote in message

"MBQ" wrote in message
om...
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message

ill.com...
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 00:17:21 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The general ability of the average americian
is well below that of the average britisher,
just look at an americian chansaw manual if
you need any convincing about the corectness
of my statement.

JUST HAD TO STICK THIS IN AT THIS
POINT. DOES YOUR COMMENT ABOVE
EXPLAIN WHY THE YANKS HAVE THE
STRONGEST ECONOMY, LOWEST TAXES
AND CHEAPEST LUXURY LIFE
STYLE IN THEY WORLD.

The US exceeds the British on these points because of land, yes land.
Sounds bizarre, but true. We, 60 million of us, are all rammed into just
above 7% of the land mass. This creates an artificial land shortage ramping
up land prices to the point were 2/3 of the value of the average home id the
land value. Ludicrous. The hype about consumer debt omits that 80% of this
debt is mortgage to out a small poorly built roof over ours heads.

free land availability:
means - lower land prices,
means - cheaper commercial rents,
means - more competitive in the world market place
means - cheaper and larger homes.
menas - the wife would not have to work to help pay the mortgage and be at
home
means - less delinquency because of the latch-key kids.

The UK could easily be the world's No. 1 in standard of living and quality
of life if we dropped the Medieval land/planning system we have.

He's right..for once....

I suppose so. Sound logic. I have never looked at it that way before.
Chris Hodges

Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

On 08 Aug 2004, Mike Mitchell wrote

-snip-

However, I can easily see how you could have made this mistake,
and I believe the fuel companies should do more to warn people in
some way. For instance, the type of nozzle for Diesel could be
shaped in such a way that it would not fit on a petrol-driven
vehicle, and vice versa.

That's what they did in North America when catalytic converters and
non-lead fuel came in (1970s): the pump nozzles were smaller, and the
fuel inlet of the relevant cars was narrowed down with a plate which
blocked you from using the larger (leaded) nozzle.

Ever noticed how the diesel nozzle won't fit in a petrol car? Or at
least not one that likes unleaded.

Mind you most petrol nozzles don't work properly in my wife's 205, and
many diesel ones don't in my ZX - they don't go right in and then just
keep cutting off unless you press the trigger _very_ gently.

--
Chris
-----

John Laird

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:06:22 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

They also think clearer when forming sentences in their head to speak. Look
at the average American being interviewed on TV. First time on TV and they
sound as if they are seasoned presenters.

Apart from the leader of the free world, that is. He could learn something
about sentence construction from our own deputy dawg.

--
Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Mail john rather than nospam...
Capitol

A lot of other people have under estimated the Americans and made a bad
mistake. When we can build a road system which works as well as theirs,
work as hard and as effectively as they do, play as hard as they do, pay
taxes as low as them, and have a public pensions funding system which is
solvent to about 2050, we'll be in a position to criticise. They do need
a NHS system however (I'm sure Andy will disagree). If the US needs to
solve a problem fast, then the requisite effort is applied instantly,
here we'd have a committee!! US tools may often be crude, but in
general they work with a long lifespan. Their marketplace caters for
oddball products ( choppers) and car modifications at a level
inconceivable in the UK. Of this, I'm distinctly envious. I had a car
repaired there this year, it cost about =A3900 to replace the bonnet, air=

conditioning radiator, reshape the front end, refit the lights and
paint etc, in the UK it would have cost over =A32K. It was done in 4
days! =

When did you last see a UK diy program on building your own log cabin (
or even garden shed)? When did you manage to find a diy store (or
grocer) open at 9.30 pm on Sunday. The US products are designed to cope
with the lowest calibre of citizen, so that anyone has a chance of doing
any routine job. I've yet to find a equal approach in the UK.( Ever
tried to buy an air conditioning top up kit in the UK? $23) The UK is
now the "Can't Do Society", fortunately some of us haven't noticed and
aren't going to. =

Regards
Capitol

Capitol

****ed yet again?

FYI the US spelling is frequently the correct one. The modern English
spellings were a result of the intelligentsia adding a French
flavour(flavor was the original spelling) to the dictionaries of the
19th century.

We note that you also passed the arrogance section of your course, that
makes two days unnecessary practice now.

Regards
Capitol
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Capitol wrote:
When did you manage to find a diy store (or grocer) open at 9.30 pm on
Sunday.

But then they pay starvation wages to a huge percentage of the population.
It's the American dream for those that have, but somewhat of a nightmare
for those that haven't.

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
IMM

"Capitol" wrote in message

A lot of other people have under estimated
the Americans and made a bad
mistake. When we can build a road system
which works as well as theirs,

Uh!

work as hard and as effectively as they do,

They do work hard. Effectively? Nah. And I have worked with countless
Americans. A slightly lazy worker with a brain is the best. He thinks it
out before he does anything. Those who just go at it can do a lot of damage
very quickly.

play as hard as they do,

Well they only have 2 weeks holiday over there.

pay taxes as low as them,

They pay taxes in other ways.

and have a public pensions funding
system which is solvent to about 2050,
we'll be in a position to criticise. They do need
a NHS system however (I'm sure Andy will disagree).

That they do. And they also need proper gun laws.

If the US needs to solve a problem fast,
then the requisite effort is applied instantly,
here we'd have a committee!!

Look at how fast the UK reacted to the Falklands invasion. The speed in
mustering an amphibious army sailing half way around the world astounded
many.

When did you last see a UK diy program
on building your own log cabin

They *******s will not allow up to build anything, even on land within and
outside the local plan.

or even garden shed)? When did you manage
to find a diy store (or grocer) open at 9.30 pm
on Sunday.

Have look around London. There are lots of 24 hour stores around. The Tesco
Express at Maida Valve sells more per squ foot than any other Tesco in the
world.

The US products are designed to cope
with the lowest calibre of citizen, so that
anyone has a chance of doing any routine job.
I've yet to find a equal approach in the UK.( Ever
tried to buy an air conditioning top up kit in the UK?
$23) The UK is now the "Can't Do Society", fortunately
some of us haven't noticed and aren't going to.

The UK is full of DIY stores. DIY/renovation TV progs are on every channel
every day. We are a can do society.

Bob Eager

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:53:34 UTC, Capitol wrote:

FYI the US spelling is frequently the correct one. The modern English
spellings were a result of the intelligentsia adding a French
flavour(flavor was the original spelling) to the dictionaries of the
19th century.

Yes, US versions of words are often the original (purer) version, or
indeed where they use a different word it is ours that has been
corrupted or changed.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
IMM

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:53:34 UTC, Capitol wrote:

FYI the US spelling is frequently the correct one. The modern English
spellings were a result of the intelligentsia adding a French
flavour(flavor was the original spelling) to the dictionaries of the
19th century.

Yes, US versions of words are often the original (purer) version, or
indeed where they use a different word it is ours that has been
corrupted or changed.

The problem with the UK the power base is in the south east of England.
Southerners generally look more to France than north of Northampton. In the
Times a few years back they had an article about why the south east people
speak with a sort of lisp. The "r's" inserted into words, such as, charnce,
darnce, when they are chance and dance (save the larst darnce for me sounds
odd when sung). In the 1700s a French King had a lisp, so people would copy
his lips to indicate they were well connected.

The English aristocracy and rich set, who looked to France rather than to
the rest of their own country, copied the lisp sound too. The rest of the
country were not impressed and never took up the lisp type of "r's" in
words. They also attempted to round all the vowels in an attempt to sound
more French. The working and middle classes in the south east did take up
the lisp sounds, probably as a way of being seen as being connected. The
Americans, then a colony, never took up this lisp sound either. Yet this
lisp sound has been regarded by south easterners as the "correct" way to
pronounce English and have continuously attempted to push this,
unsuccessfully, onto the rest of the country. Before the late 1700s most of
the UK spoke their vowels similar to the Americans which is similar to the
north of England.

A lisp sound is also the case with Spanish in Spain and south America, where
the Spanish also put in lisp sounds, such as Bathalona. the "th" is the
lisp. The south Americans do not speak that way. Spanish when spoken sounds
as it every other words has "th" in it.

The Natural Philosopher

Capitol wrote:

A lot of other people have under estimated the Americans and made a bad
mistake.

Yeah, living on borrowed time, borrowed money and someone else's oil.

Just watch and wait. House of cards.

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"IMM" writes:

They also think clearer when forming sentences in their head to speak.

;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel
The Natural Philosopher

Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:53:34 UTC, Capitol wrote:

FYI the US spelling is frequently the correct one. The modern English
spellings were a result of the intelligentsia adding a French
flavour(flavor was the original spelling) to the dictionaries of the
19th century.

Yes, US versions of words are often the original (purer) version, or
indeed where they use a different word it is ours that has been
corrupted or changed.

There is no 'correct' spelling other than what is accepted by all to BE
correct spelling. Correct spelling , grammar and punctuation is not
about fancy derivations, its about maintaining consistent standards that
are universal so that a sentence cannot be misinterpreted. (Or as in
IMMS case remain completely unintelligible)

If I see another 'you are a looser' post or someone who talks about
'losing the reins of industry' I shall vomit.

Viz. a post from another group in which it was stated that Prozac had
been banned in order to help the all the girls under 18 who had
committed suicide. To which I pointed out that it was a bit late really...

I'll leave you with a thought and a riddle

'why is Milton Keynes like a very old tart?'
'Because everyone's been there once or twice, but no one wants to spend
the rest of their life there'.

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:53:34 UTC, Capitol wrote:

FYI the US spelling is frequently the correct one. The modern English
spellings were a result of the intelligentsia adding a French
flavour(flavor was the original spelling) to the dictionaries of the
19th century.

Yes, US versions of words are often the original (purer) version, or
indeed where they use a different word it is ours that has been
corrupted or changed.

The problem with the UK the power base is in the south east of England.
Southerners generally look more to France than north of Northampton.

Well its closer, and marginally less peculiar.

In the
Times a few years back they had an article about why the south east people
speak with a sort of lisp. The "r's" inserted into words, such as, charnce,
darnce, when they are chance and dance (save the larst darnce for me sounds
odd when sung). In the 1700s a French King had a lisp, so people would copy
his lips to indicate they were well connected.

No. As usual you have got it all wrong.

It was the king of Spain who had a lisp which is why in Mexico thay say
'Chorizo' and in spain, 'Choritho'

Arsitoicrativc english is english spoken with French pronuncuiation,
whereas peasiant english is spoken with celtic, Norse or Germanic
pronuncuation.

Hence Cafe, rather than caff, and 'sharnss' rather than 'channce'

The English aristocracy and rich set, who looked to France rather than to
the rest of their own country, copied the lisp sound too.

********,. The english aristos WERE frenchmnch, and ruled france at some
portion of the period.

The rest of the
country were not impressed

Not ediucated rather.

and never took up the lisp type of "r's" in
words.

Lisps are nothing to do with R's Lisp is the turning of a consonant and
an 's' into a consonant and a 'th' and is typically the result of a
cleft palate. So 'rats' becomes 'raths'

Sorry IMM. Once again you should stick to plastic pipes and not stray
into lingustics, because patently your un snotty uni inculcated you with
prejudice ragther than knowledge.

They also attempted to round all the vowels in an attempt to sound
more French. The working and middle classes in the south east did take up
the lisp sounds, probably as a way of being seen as being connected. The
Americans, then a colony, never took up this lisp sound either. Yet this
lisp sound has been regarded by south easterners as the "correct" way to
pronounce English and have continuously attempted to push this,
unsuccessfully, onto the rest of the country. Before the late 1700s most of
the UK spoke their vowels similar to the Americans which is similar to the
north of England.

A lisp sound is also the case with Spanish in Spain and south America, where
the Spanish also put in lisp sounds, such as Bathalona. the "th" is the
lisp. The south Americans do not speak that way. Spanish when spoken sounds
as it every other words has "th" in it.

Oh dear. The only true statement in a dull and incorrect tirade as usual
against the idealised aristocracy.

Norfolk country gentlemen call a garage a 'garridge'. Not a 'garith'

And I beliebe teh queen calls a spadfe a spade, not an instrument for
the degradation of the Wurking Clarss.

The Natural Philosopher

Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:53:13 UTC, "IMM" wrote:

The problem with the UK the power base is in the south east of England.
Southerners generally look more to France than north of Northampton. In the
Times a few years back they had an article about why the south east people
speak with a sort of lisp. The "r's" inserted into words, such as, charnce,
darnce, when they are chance and dance (save the larst darnce for me sounds
odd when sung). In the 1700s a French King had a lisp, so people would copy
his lips to indicate they were well connected.

Yeth.

You mean 'bollockth' really, don't yew.

The Natural Philosopher

raden wrote:

In message , IMM writes

A lisp sound is also the case with Spanish in Spain and south America,
where
the Spanish also put in lisp sounds, such as Bathalona. the "th" is the
lisp. The south Americans do not speak that way. Spanish when spoken
sounds
as it every other words has "th" in it.

I prethume you're thor but thatisfied, as the old joke goes

How you (or your source) manages to confuse an elongated vowel with a
lisp, I would be intrigued to know

For a man who still fancies Milton Keynes, and considers a Combi Boler
the ultimate form of heat exchanger, nothing is impossible.

You have to realise that IMM gets his history and socilioogy from teh
little red book of Clarrs Consciouness, which is edited to take teh
color out of it and render it into dul mono-tones, espceailly black and
whitre, satring from teh basic premise

peasant=wurking clarrs=good
Arsitocracy=oprerssin of Wurkahs=the evil empire of fascist dicatorship,
snotty unis, people who Own Land, and pedophiles and homeosexuals etc
etc. etc.

He will be sorely puzzled when he gets buggered by a bull queer lorry
driver....

raden

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:53:34 UTC, Capitol wrote:

FYI the US spelling is frequently the correct one. The modern English
spellings were a result of the intelligentsia adding a French
flavour(flavor was the original spelling) to the dictionaries of the
19th century.

Yes, US versions of words are often the original (purer) version, or
indeed where they use a different word it is ours that has been
corrupted or changed.

A living language changes - we have moved on

--
geoff

Bob Eager

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:15:37 UTC, raden wrote:

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:53:34 UTC, Capitol wrote:

FYI the US spelling is frequently the correct one. The modern English
spellings were a result of the intelligentsia adding a French
flavour(flavor was the original spelling) to the dictionaries of the
19th century.

Yes, US versions of words are often the original (purer) version, or
indeed where they use a different word it is ours that has been
corrupted or changed.

A living language changes - we have moved on

Of course - but to accuse the Americans of corrupting English is, quite
often, wrong.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!

SteveS

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote

Well its closer, and marginally less peculiar.

Since you seem to be in language/spelling nitpicking mode, I'm going to
point out that you omitted an apostrophe.

Steve S

Jerry Built

Capitol wrote:
****ed yet again?
[ snip ]

What *are* you on about? Who were you talking to, and with
reference to what?

J.B.

IMM

Bob Eager wrote:

[...]

Stop making things up.

IMM

IMM wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:53:34 UTC, Capitol wrote:

FYI the US spelling is frequently the correct one. The modern English
spellings were a result of the intelligentsia adding a French
flavour(flavor was the original spelling) to the dictionaries of the
19th century.

Yes, US versions of words are often the original (purer) version, or
indeed where they use a different word it is ours that has been
corrupted or changed.

The problem with the UK the power base
is in the south east of England.
Southerners generally look more to
France than north of Northampton.

Well its closer, and marginally less peculiar.

Well maybe those who aspire to France should go and stay there.

In the
Times a few years back they had an article about why the south east

people
speak with a sort of lisp. The "r's" inserted into words, such as,

charnce,
darnce, when they are chance and dance (save the larst darnce for me

sounds
odd when sung). In the 1700s a French King had a lisp, so people would

copy
his lips to indicate they were well connected.

No. As usual you have got it all wrong.

Well the Times has then. And I believe them rather than you who makes many
things up.

It was the king of Spain who had a l
isp which is why in Mexico thay say
'Chorizo' and in spain, 'Choritho'

That gave the Spanish lisp. A French king also had a lisp to, which south
easterners eventually copied

Arsitoicrativc english is english spoken with French pronuncuiation,

The lisp.

whereas peasiant english is spoken with
celtic, Norse or Germanic
pronuncuation.

Proper Englishmen speaking proper English you mean.

Hence Cafe, rather than caff, and 'sharnss' rather than 'channce'

Pathetic.

The English aristocracy and rich set, who looked to France rather than

the rest of their own country, copied the lisp sound too.

********,. The english aristos WERE
frenchmnch, and ruled france at some
portion of the period.

The rest of the
country were not impressed

Not ediucated rather.

Very educated and wise, but not impressed with a lisp.

[...]

Norfolk is not in the south east. Did you know that?

And I beliebe teh queen calls a spadfe a spade, not an instrument for
the degradation of the Wurking Clarss.

Queenie also says "my husband and I" In that awful sounding voice. And she
also says "hawwwwwlt" instead of halt. She obviously doesn't know when to
stop saying the words and keeps going on.

IMM

peasant=wurking clarrs=good

Well sort of. Except those yobs in tattoos, but they are now in the Middle
class too, so wee can't blame the wurkhas for that.

Arsitocracy=oprerssin of Wurkahs=the evil empire of fascist dicatorship,
snotty unis, people who Own Land, and pedophiles and homeosexuals etc
etc. etc.

Very good 10/10. Of course. Good work.

IMM

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes

A lisp sound is also the case with Spanish in Spain and south America,

where
the Spanish also put in lisp sounds, such as Bathalona. the "th" is the
lisp. The south Americans do not speak that way. Spanish when spoken

sounds
as it every other words has "th" in it.

I prethume you're thor but thatisfied, as the old joke goes

How you (or your source) manages to confuse an elongated vowel with a
lisp, I would be intrigued to know

Maxi, many people say it sound like a speech impediment.

IMM

"Graham Wilson" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:32:53 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

'why is Milton Keynes like a very old tart?'
'Because everyone's been there once or twice, but no one wants to spend
the rest of their life there'.

Stop making things up.

No one could make Milton Keynes up if they tried.

Legoland (Bedfordshire) is awful.

You have never been thee. It is in Buckinghamshire about 7 miles from
Buckingham.

The local clutch and brake company must do a bomb.

Driving through Legoland: roundabout, down into 3rd gear, across
roundabout, into 4th gear, approach another roundabout, down into 3rd
gear. across roundabout, into 4th gear, approach another roundabout

(repeat ad lib)

So that is why the F1 car industry is based there.

G&M

"IMM" wrote in message

"Graham Wilson" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:32:53 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

'why is Milton Keynes like a very old tart?'
'Because everyone's been there once or twice, but no one wants to

spend
the rest of their life there'.

Stop making things up.

No one could make Milton Keynes up if they tried.

Legoland (Bedfordshire) is awful.

You have never been thee. It is in Buckinghamshire about 7 miles from
Buckingham.

The local clutch and brake company must do a bomb.

Driving through Legoland: roundabout, down into 3rd gear, across
roundabout, into 4th gear, approach another roundabout, down into 3rd
gear. across roundabout, into 4th gear, approach another roundabout

(repeat ad lib)

So that is why the F1 car industry is based there.

Where are we talking about now ? F1 is spread from Silverstone to Slough.