IMM

Default Petrol in a Diesel car (ooops).

"Capitol" wrote in message

A lot of other people have under estimated
the Americans and made a bad
mistake. When we can build a road system
which works as well as theirs,

Uh!

work as hard and as effectively as they do,

They do work hard. Effectively? Nah. And I have worked with countless
Americans. A slightly lazy worker with a brain is the best. He thinks it
out before he does anything. Those who just go at it can do a lot of damage
very quickly.

play as hard as they do,

Well they only have 2 weeks holiday over there.

pay taxes as low as them,

They pay taxes in other ways.

and have a public pensions funding
system which is solvent to about 2050,
we'll be in a position to criticise. They do need
a NHS system however (I'm sure Andy will disagree).

That they do. And they also need proper gun laws.

If the US needs to solve a problem fast,
then the requisite effort is applied instantly,
here we'd have a committee!!

Look at how fast the UK reacted to the Falklands invasion. The speed in
mustering an amphibious army sailing half way around the world astounded
many.

When did you last see a UK diy program
on building your own log cabin

They *******s will not allow up to build anything, even on land within and
outside the local plan.

or even garden shed)? When did you manage
to find a diy store (or grocer) open at 9.30 pm
on Sunday.

Have look around London. There are lots of 24 hour stores around. The Tesco
Express at Maida Valve sells more per squ foot than any other Tesco in the
world.

The US products are designed to cope
with the lowest calibre of citizen, so that
anyone has a chance of doing any routine job.
I've yet to find a equal approach in the UK.( Ever
tried to buy an air conditioning top up kit in the UK?
$23) The UK is now the "Can't Do Society", fortunately
some of us haven't noticed and aren't going to.

The UK is full of DIY stores. DIY/renovation TV progs are on every channel
every day. We are a can do society.