Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default key safe recommendation

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 22/11/2019 13:28, whisky-dave wrote:

Some devices can the cheaper ones. But why are we seucuring the door from
others is the important thing here, and it;s not like no one has ever
gained access without the correct key to any place, it;s just what effort
you need to take to eliminate such a thing and in most cases I doubt many
people carry a dead finger around with them, or have access to the latex
and a suitable finger.
Face recognicion is another option, I've heard in the USA they are
looking into guns that can only be fired after face recogniction has been
used.
I'm expecting some idiot to blow their own face off.

And possible after all the electronic security the interlock will be a
simple relay contact that can be bypassed with a bit of wire.

The law abiding will use the face recognition while the criminal
fraternity and US kids "borrowing" firearms will look on Youtube and find
the bypass.

the use case is to stop the enemy getting your gun for immediate use

not to use sometime next week (they can just go to the gun shop for that
problem)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 22 November 2019 14:17:12 UTC, alan_m wrote:
On 22/11/2019 13:28, whisky-dave wrote:

Some devices can the cheaper ones. But why are we seucuring the door
from others is the important thing here, and it;s not like no one has
ever gained access without the correct key to any place, it;s just what
effort you need to take to eliminate such a thing and in most cases I
doubt many people carry a dead finger around with them, or have access
to the latex and a suitable finger.
Face recognicion is another option, I've heard in the USA they are
looking into guns that can only be fired after face recogniction has
been used.
I'm expecting some idiot to blow their own face off.

And possible after all the electronic security the interlock will be a
simple relay contact that can be bypassed with a bit of wire.

Yes, like they do on star trek and other such things where they use brut
force to rip off the keybad consule and then join a couple of wires
together.

currently watching Blake's 7

the hacking their way through security systems is laughable

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Friday, 22 November 2019 11:53:57 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
I guess we'll just have to wait for finger print access to such things,
should be too long, suprised I haven't seen such a thing on dragons den.

I believe that fingerprint readers can be fooled with either a latex
impression or a dead finger.

The best of them cant be and facial recognition is even better
with the best of those. Works in the dark too surprisingly enough.

problem with face recognition for operation purposes is the number of false
negatives

I had to join a queue of 30 people at LHR last week because the ePasspiort
gate had rejected us

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 11:54:35 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Friday, 22 November 2019 11:53:57 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
I guess we'll just have to wait for finger print access to such things,
should be too long, suprised I haven't seen such a thing on dragons den.

I believe that fingerprint readers can be fooled with either a latex
impression or a dead finger.

The best of them cant be and facial recognition is even better
with the best of those. Works in the dark too surprisingly enough.

problem with face recognition for operation purposes is the number of false
negatives

I had to join a queue of 30 people at LHR last week because the ePasspiort
gate had rejected us

You/they may not have been rejected because of face recognition
though. I always got rejected with my old passport and thought it
would all be sorted when I got a new passport with a new photo, but
no. I queried the immigration office about this and she checked and
advised that my name is a (near) match for some undesirables and next
time to not waste my time queuing for the automatics but just request
to be put straight through to the officers.

I suppose I could change my name.

--
AnthonyL

Why do scientists need to BELIEVE in anything?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

I've walked through unimpeded several times before

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 23/11/2019 05:23, Rod Speed wrote:

That doesnt fool the best fingerprint sensors.

In the case of existing key safes the mechanism or finger print
recognition is unlikely to be the "best".

I think that's likely to be case for any domestic implementation

No its not now that iphones do have the best fingerprint and facial
recognition.

Not cheap but very secure indeed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2019 20:11, Rod Speed wrote:

"tim..." wrote in message

No its not now that iphones do have the best fingerprint and facial
recognition.

Not cheap but very secure indeed.

You mean as secure as this......
https://youtu.be/2gnnwd808Ts?t=168

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

But that reprobate may have just been identified.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 07:11:36 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I think that's likely to be case for any domestic implementation

No its not

Thou auto-contradicteth again, senile auto-contradicting retard? LOL

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 08:06:40 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I've walked through unimpeded several times before

But that reprobate may have just been identified.

YOU've been identified as a trolling senile pest!

cretin from Oz:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Friday, 22 November 2019 11:53:57 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
I guess we'll just have to wait for finger print access to such things,
should be too long, suprised I haven't seen such a thing on dragons
den.

I believe that fingerprint readers can be fooled with either a latex
impression or a dead finger.

The best of them cant be and facial recognition is even better
with the best of those. Works in the dark too surprisingly enough.

problem with face recognition for operation purposes is the number of
false negatives

Not a problem with the best factual recognition with iphones.

I had to join a queue of 30 people at LHR last week because the ePasspiort
gate had rejected us

Thats unlikely to be a false negative.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 08:27:53 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Not a problem with the best factual recognition with iphones.

I had to join a queue of 30 people at LHR last week because the ePasspiort
gate had rejected us

That¢s unlikely to be a false negative.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you clinically insane senile idiot?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

No its not now that iphones do have the best fingerprint and facial
recognition.

Not cheap but very secure indeed.

You mean as secure as this......
https://youtu.be/2gnnwd808Ts?t=168

That glitch is long gone and has nothing to
do with how secure the fingerprint sensor
and facial id systems are.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 10:21:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

That glitch is long gone and has nothing to
do with how secure the fingerprint sensor
and facial id systems are.

Hasn't it, senile asshole? LOL

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 22 November 2019 12:07:25 UTC, wrote:
[...]

implementing "owner" recognition for gun triggering has been considered by
military for at least 20 years.

But only recently had the technology become cheap enough and small enough.

It all fails to solve the scenario of what happens if trouper A needs to
"borrow" the gun of (dead/incapacitated) Trooper B in hurry, in a
battlefield scenario

No it doesn't.
It just needs a little thought like dual access bank accounts.
But it does depend on what you mean by in a hurry.

I can se NO reason why a face or finger print must only be for ONE person / ONE gun.
You could have everyone in the platoon have their face recorded as ID for every gun.
At the very least you could have a 4 digit number override, and everyone in theat platoon get the 4 digit code for the day/week.
At least 5 of my friends know my 4 digit code for my ipad which is the same for my TV box.

I'm betting even harry could design a systenm where every gun can be operated by anyone with a white skin, but if someoen with a black skin picks it up it won't work.
Do you really think it's beyond us to design a gun activation systemn that can be operated by more than one face or one finger print ?

No, the real problem is designing a system that reliably can only be
operated by one face or one finger print aiui.

--
AnthonyL

Why do scientists need to BELIEVE in anything?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Be interesting to see how the best of it handles camo face paint etc. Likely
fine.

My face varys lots, because I havent been silly enough to shave
for decades now and let the beard get quite long before I mow
it back to a stubble with a hair trimmer. Not clear how even the
best of the iphone facial recognition handles that. I'll have to
try sometime because Apple has given up on fingerprint sensors
now, mainly so the full screen is available for the image that
you are viewing. But I only upgrade my iphone when it has
something that I need so unless it gets lost or smashed it
will likely be a while. While in theory I could buy another
of the same as I have, in reality they dont sell the largest
memory versions anymore with the discounts of what I
have. I have a 256GB and would hate to go back to a
32GB now. I mostly use the difference for videos and
automatic podcast updates and the photos of the
garage sale ads in the paper that I might get around
to OCRing so I can search sometime.

At the very least you could have a 4 digit number override, and
everyone in theat platoon get the 4 digit code for the day/week.

Wouldnt like my life to depend on how well that can
be remembered when the **** is hitting the fan tho.

At least 5 of my friends know my 4 digit code
for my ipad which is the same for my TV box.

Sure but that isnt changing weekly and they dont
have to remember that when the **** is hitting the
fan very spectacularly indeed and they will die if
they dont manage to remember it. Much lower
risk of one of the enemy getting close enough
to grab one of your platoon's guns and using it
except with some of the more extreme situations
like in Rhodesia or Mozambique in the past or
Chad today.

I'm betting even harry could design a systenm where
every gun can be operated by anyone with a white skin,
but if someone with a black skin picks it up it won't work.

Trouble is that they wear camo on their faces and with
some conflicts like Rhodesia a substantial number of
the platoon were in fact black even with the white side.
And in fact they had small groups disguised as terrorists
to **** over the real terrorists/'freedom fighters'.

Do you really think it's beyond us to design a gun activation systemn
that can be operated by more than one face or one finger print ?

Corse not but it remains to be seen how well that works
when the **** is hitting the fan very spectacularly indeed.

And with armed cops with the perp grabbing the gun from
the large footed goon and using it on the large footed goon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

easy enough to do.
Yopu do know they use measuring point sand not just the way you look.
Measuring the distances between the eyes and the nose and other features and the iphone makes use of an IR LED.

My face varys lots,

Yeah sure it does.

I suppose your finger prints do too.

because I havent been silly enough to shave
for decades now and let the beard get quite long before I mow
it back to a stubble with a hair trimmer. Not clear how even the
best of the iphone facial recognition handles that.

It won;t need to, in the armed forces you don't get the ooption to look the way you want to.

I'll have to
try sometime because Apple has given up on fingerprint sensors
now, mainly so the full screen is available for the image that
you are viewing. But I only upgrade my iphone when it has
something that I need so unless it gets lost or smashed it
will likely be a while. While in theory I could buy another
of the same as I have, in reality they dont sell the largest
memory versions anymore with the discounts of what I
have. I have a 256GB and would hate to go back to a
32GB now.

you don't have to the iphone11 can be bought with 256GB and the 11 pro with 512GB.

I mostly use the difference for videos and
automatic podcast updates and the photos of the
garage sale ads in the paper that I might get around
to OCRing so I can search sometime.

does that really take up so much space movies can.

At the very least you could have a 4 digit number override, and
everyone in theat platoon get the 4 digit code for the day/week.

Wouldnt like my life to depend on how well that can
be remembered when the **** is hitting the fan tho.

you wouldn't have to, it'll be timed reset a bit like entering the code for yuor phone but with more options.

At least 5 of my friends know my 4 digit code
for my ipad which is the same for my TV box.

Sure but that isnt changing weekly

you don't need to chnage it weekly.

and they dont
have to remember that when the **** is hitting the
fan very spectacularly indeed and they will die if
they dont manage to remember it. Much lower
risk of one of the enemy getting close enough
to grab one of your platoon's guns and using it
except with some of the more extreme situations
like in Rhodesia or Mozambique in the past or
Chad today.

But that is not how modern warfare will be.
It won't be like WWI with hand to hand combat grabbing your oppenents gun.

I'm betting even harry could design a systenm where
every gun can be operated by anyone with a white skin,
but if someone with a black skin picks it up it won't work.

Trouble is that they wear camo on their faces.

Not a problem with proper face ID that uses eye and nose data.

some conflicts like Rhodesia a substantial number of
the platoon were in fact black even with the white side.
And in fact they had small groups disguised as terrorists
to **** over the real terrorists/'freedom fighters'.

doesn't matter you could deactivate by location.

Do you really think it's beyond us to design a gun activation systemn
that can be operated by more than one face or one finger print ?

Corse not but it remains to be seen how well that works
when the **** is hitting the fan very spectacularly indeed.

Yes and it's partially sorted already. And has already be called the smart gun.

And with armed cops with the perp grabbing the gun from
the large footed goon and using it on the large footed goon.

you'd have inteligent sensors and machine learning that would detect that a gun has been forcable removed from a person and deactivate it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

It's not that difficult

Yeah works fine with the best iphones,

and can be customised to an individual doing something specific but unkown
to another.

Ypou could have it GPS tracked to easring or locking it if it falls in to
the wrong hands or face.

That doesnt work reliably inside big buildings and thats what you need
with the cops etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:08 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 03:08:39 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Be interesting to see how

Be interesting to see for how long you will be trolling online today again,
you sleepless clinically insane pest! BG

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Not with your scheme of only letting the white men use the gun.

Yopu do know they use measuring
point sand not just the way you look.

Yes, but that would be a problem too cos
you want the gun to be useable even after
a face wound. Pretty ****ed if you find that
your gun stops working just because you got
wounded in the face but can still shoot back.

Measuring the distances between the eyes and the nose
and other features and the iphone makes use of an IR LED.

My face varys lots, because I havent been silly enough to shave
for decades now and let the beard get quite long before I mow
it back to a stubble with a hair trimmer. Not clear how even the
best of the iphone facial recognition handles that.

It won;t need to, in the armed forces you don't
get the ooption to look the way you want to.

Corse you do with plenty of them, particularly
with the long ops out on patrol etc and in a
**** hitting the fan retreat.

Read some of the Rhodesian memoirs, its nothing
like some prissy little barracks operation.

I'll have to
try sometime because Apple has given up on fingerprint sensors
now, mainly so the full screen is available for the image that
you are viewing. But I only upgrade my iphone when it has
something that I need so unless it gets lost or smashed it
will likely be a while. While in theory I could buy another
of the same as I have, in reality they dont sell the largest
memory versions anymore with the discounts of what I
have. I have a 256GB and would hate to go back to a
32GB now.

you don't have to the iphone11 can be bought
with 256GB and the 11 pro with 512GB.

But those only have facial recognition.

I mostly use the difference for videos and
automatic podcast updates and the photos of the
garage sale ads in the paper that I might get around
to OCRing so I can search sometime.

does that really take up so much space

Too much for a 32GB phone.

movies can.

Yeah, thats the other one, when you want to have
pirated movies on the phone for the longer train trips etc.

I have huge numbers of ebooks on mine, but if I wanted
to be able to watch what the PVR has recorded, even
256GB is getting a bit tight with the other stuff.

At the very least you could have a 4 digit number override, and
everyone in theat platoon get the 4 digit code for the day/week.

Wouldnt like my life to depend on how well that can
be remembered when the **** is hitting the fan tho.

you wouldn't have to, it'll be timed reset a bit like entering
the code for yuor phone but with more options.

Corse everyone would have to have remember the current weeks code.

At least 5 of my friends know my 4 digit code
for my ipad which is the same for my TV box.

Sure but that isnt changing weekly

you don't need to chnage it weekly.

You just said you do. And in fact said daily too.

and they dont
have to remember that when the **** is hitting the
fan very spectacularly indeed and they will die if
they dont manage to remember it. Much lower
risk of one of the enemy getting close enough
to grab one of your platoon's guns and using it
except with some of the more extreme situations
like in Rhodesia or Mozambique in the past or
Chad today.

But that is not how modern warfare will be.

It is in fact precisely how modern warfare is, in Chad right now.

It won't be like WWI with hand to hand
combat grabbing your oppenents gun.

It is in fact just like that with guerrilla warfare today.

I'm betting even harry could design a systenm where
every gun can be operated by anyone with a white skin,
but if someone with a black skin picks it up it won't work.

Trouble is that they wear camo on their faces.

Not a problem with proper face ID that uses eye and nose data.

But a problem with your white man black man scheme.

some conflicts like Rhodesia a substantial number of
the platoon were in fact black even with the white side.
And in fact they had small groups disguised as terrorists
to **** over the real terrorists/'freedom fighters'.

doesn't matter you could deactivate by location.

Nope, because the gun grabbling happens in the location
where you want to be able to shoot it yourself if it isnt grabbed.

Do you really think it's beyond us to design a gun activation systemn
that can be operated by more than one face or one finger print ?

Corse not but it remains to be seen how well that works
when the **** is hitting the fan very spectacularly indeed.

Yes and it's partially sorted already. And has already be called the smart
gun.

But no one is actually stupid enough to use those in
guerrilla wars or even have the cops with those either.

And with armed cops with the perp grabbing the gun from
the large footed goon and using it on the large footed goon.

you'd have inteligent sensors and machine learning that would detect
that a gun has been forcable removed from a person and deactivate it.

Cant see the cops debugging those in the real world.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 04:11 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER AN HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 04:11:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yeah works fine with the best iphones,

I believe I told you already that you can shove your idiotPhone up your
senile arse, senile Rodent!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 04:30:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH 213 !!! lines of stinking troll****

....and better air in here again!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

cost no object to the military

how much did the replacement bog seat cost?

27 thousand pounds or something?

It all fails to solve the scenario of what happens if trouper A needs to
"borrow" the gun of (dead/incapacitated) Trooper B in hurry, in a
battlefield scenario

No it doesn't.
It just needs a little thought like dual access bank accounts.
But it does depend on what you mean by in a hurry.

like *immediately*

I can se NO reason why a face or finger print must only be for ONE person
/ ONE gun.

but in a company, are you going to have every trouper programmed into every
gun?

You could have everyone in the platoon have their face recorded as ID for
every gun.

even that's probably too many

At the very least you could have a 4 digit number override, and everyone
in theat platoon get the 4 digit code for the day/week.
At least 5 of my friends know my 4 digit code for my ipad which is the
same for my TV box.

I'm betting even harry could design a systenm where every gun can be
operated by anyone with a white skin, but if someoen with a black skin
picks it up it won't work.
Do you really think it's beyond us to design a gun activation systemn that
can be operated by more than one face or one finger print ?

Nope, but I know for a fact that idea was discussed, and AFAIA hasn't been
implemented (I'm no longer in contact with the people who were looking at
the possible solutions)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Works fine with the best smartphones.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 10:02:24 +1100, Ray, better known as cantankerous

No, the real problem is designing a system that reliably can only be
operated by one face or one finger print aiui.

Works fine with the best smartphones.

You can shove all your idiotphones up your senile arse, senile cretin!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 00:50:12 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

Recommendation for key safe required. This is the type to be fitted
outside of a front door and holds the front door key.

[snip]

I have concerns about these. My neighbour has one and it seems to me
someone could knock it off the wall with a sledgehammer, take it away,
open it using power tools and return to rob the house. At the very
least, they should be out of sight.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Recommendation for key safe required. This is the type to be fitted
outside of a front door and holds the front door key.

[snip]

I have concerns about these. My neighbour has one and it seems to me
someone could knock it off the wall with a sledgehammer, take it away,
open it using power tools and return to rob the house. At the very
least, they should be out of sight.

If carrying a sledge hammer it's much easier to knock out the bottom
panel of most doors! Plus, there are much easier methods of opening a
keysafe that don't require such a drastic form of physical attack.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

You'd have a localised system for that, but you were talking about the military previosuly.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Not possible to organise that in every place
a terrorist or armed holdup can happen.

but you were talking about the military previosuly.

In fact more likely to be needed with armed cops.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 04:00:20 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH 115 !!! lines of the senile asshole's troll**** unread

--
dennis@home to retarded senile Rot:
"sod off rod you don't have a clue about anything."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 3 December 2019 17:00:31 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

That doesnt work reliably inside big buildings and thats what you need
with the cops etc.

You'd have a localised system for that,

Not possible to organise that in every place
a terrorist or armed holdup can happen.

you take it with you, it'd be more like a router/repeater.

but you were talking about the military previosuly.

In fact more likely to be needed with armed cops.

Armed cops don't have to worry about wearing camouflage on their faces or cloths.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

That doesnt work reliably inside big buildings
and thats what you need with the cops etc.

You'd have a localised system for that,

Not possible to organise that in every place
a terrorist or armed holdup can happen.

you take it with you,

Not viable when some terrorist is stabling people
and you need to shoot them dead as quickly as
possible to minimise the number they kill.

it'd be more like a router/repeater.

But not viable in that situation.

but you were talking about the military previosuly.

In fact more likely to be needed with armed cops.

Armed cops don't have to worry about wearing camouflage on their faces or
cloths.

But do often wear balaclavas in terrorist situations.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 04:08:36 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH another load of troll****

04:08? And you've been up and trolling for HOW long already, you abnormal
senile cretin?

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 4 December 2019 17:08:47 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

That doesnt work reliably inside big buildings
and thats what you need with the cops etc.

You'd have a localised system for that,

Not possible to organise that in every place
a terrorist or armed holdup can happen.

you take it with you,

Not viable when some terrorist is stabling people
and you need to shoot them dead as quickly as
possible to minimise the number they kill.

you won't need it for that situation, terrosts don;t go up to polce marksman
and take their gun off them.

it'd be more like a router/repeater.

But not viable in that situation.

wouldn't need it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 4 December 2019 17:08:47 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

That doesnt work reliably inside big buildings
and thats what you need with the cops etc.

You'd have a localised system for that,

Not possible to organise that in every place
a terrorist or armed holdup can happen.

you take it with you,

Not viable when some terrorist is stabling people
and you need to shoot them dead as quickly as
possible to minimise the number they kill.

you won't need it for that situation, terrosts don;t go
up to polce marksman and take their gun off them.

They do actually, particularly in the countrys that have
enough of a clue to make it hard to get hold of a gun.

it'd be more like a router/repeater.

But not viable in that situation.

wouldn't need it.

Wrong, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 5 December 2019 14:19:19 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 4 December 2019 17:08:47 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

That doesnt work reliably inside big buildings
and thats what you need with the cops etc.

You'd have a localised system for that,

Not possible to organise that in every place
a terrorist or armed holdup can happen.

you take it with you,

Not viable when some terrorist is stabling people
and you need to shoot them dead as quickly as
possible to minimise the number they kill.

you won't need it for that situation, terrosts don;t go
up to polce marksman and take their gun off them.

They do actually, particularly in the countrys that have
enough of a clue to make it hard to get hold of a gun.

Can you show a situation where a terrosist has gone up to a cop
and taken their gun from them and started shooting people.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 01:19:10 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the senile asshole's troll****

01:19??? Do you trolling senile swine know NO shame AT ALL? Of course not,
you ARE a trolling swine! BG

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Yep, and plenty of others where someone has grabbed a cop's
gun when they have been pulled over for something as basic
as a traffic violation when the perp knows that they will be
arrested for an outstanding arrest warrant when the cop
works out who they are or finds illegal drugs in the car
or discovers its a stolen vehicle etc.

Precisely the situation where you dont want the perp
to be able to fire the gun,.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 5 December 2019 15:54:34 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

And then they steal the cops gun do they....

please paste link to these incedents.

Precisely the situation where you dont want the perp
to be able to fire the gun,.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:54 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost TWO HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 02:54:22 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's lastest troll****

02:54??? AGAIN? NO way for you to go back to sleep again, you abnormal
senile trolling sicko? LOL