Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another reason for voting for Brexit

On 26/08/2019 03:19, jeikppkywk wrote:

There is a considerable difference of opinion
on whether leaving is a good idea or not. Thats
why the referendum got such a narrow result.

The purpose of democracy is to resolve issues on which there are
differences of opinion.
I sat thropugh ten years of Labourt and bitr my lip, because of democracy.

I will not sit through even three years of 'democracy stinks, we want
the EU!

"The people did not know what they were voting for". On which side would
that be?
"The people were lied to", On which side would that be?
"The campaign was organised by people with plenty of money - most of it
offshore". On which side would that be?
"The referendum was only advisory?" Despite being nade abundantly clear
to the electorate the the decision would be acted on.
"Things have changed: We need a second referendum" I said that halfway
through BLair. No one listened.
"It will be an economic disaster for the country", I said that as soon
as Blair was elected. No one listened.

In short I have sat through populist democracy - Thatcher, Blair, Brown
Camneron - none of whom I voted for and for the first time in my life I
am on the winning side of an election.

And the LOSERS want to now say democracy is only when you vote the right
way.

Whenair won with about 25% of te electorate we wre told be had a
democratic mandate. When Leave wins with 45% or whatever we wre told
they do not.

This is not about a 'difference of opinion' This is about tearing up the
last vestiges of democracy this country possesaes, wiping youre arse
with it and selling the nation to a foreign power.

The day after the referendum it was a differeence of opinoin. Since then
it has become a fight to tear power from those who have usurped it from
the people.

We dont hate remoaners, but we are very very angry with those who have
their fingers up their bottoms making them dance to a tune of
unrelenting media propaganda.

--
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isnt true; the
other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Soren Kierkegaard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/08/2019 03:19, jeikppkywk wrote:

There is a considerable difference of opinion on whether leaving is
a good idea or not. Thats why the referendum got such a narrow
result.

The purpose of democracy is to resolve issues on which there are
differences of opinion. I sat thropugh ten years of Labourt and bitr
my lip, because of democracy.

I will not sit through even three years of 'democracy stinks, we want
the EU!

"The people did not know what they were voting for". On which side
would that be?

See below.

"The people were lied to", On which side would that be?

Well we know many brexiteers lied because they have said what they
promised isn't going to happen.

"The campaign was organised by people with plenty of money - most of
it offshore". On which side would that be?

Both, so what?

"The referendum was only advisory?" Despite being nade abundantly
clear to the electorate the the decision would be acted on.

Even though the brexiteers did nothing but lie.

"Things have changed: We need a second referendum" I said that
halfway through BLair. No one listened.

"It will be an economic disaster for the country", I said that as
soon as Blair was elected. No one listened.

But nobody with sense believes a word you say.

In short I have sat through populist democracy - Thatcher, Blair,
Brown Camneron - none of whom I voted for and for the first time in
my life I am on the winning side of an election.

And the LOSERS want to now say democracy is only when you vote the
right way.

But that's the brexiteers stance, "you can't change your mind as we have
won!"

However the same brexiteers also said they would continue to demand
another referendum if they didn't win.

So who is being anti democratic, the people who want another say or the
ones that don't?

Whenair won with about 25% of te electorate we wre told be had a
democratic mandate. When Leave wins with 45% or whatever we wre told
they do not.

but leave haven't got a 45% win and what they did get is based on lies.

This is not about a 'difference of opinion' This is about tearing up
the last vestiges of democracy this country possesaes, wiping youre
arse with it and selling the nation to a foreign power.

well yes brexiteers don't want democracy, they want decisions in their
favour to be unchallengeable, but not the other way around.

The day after the referendum it was a differeence of opinoin. Since
then it has become a fight to tear power from those who have usurped
it from the people.

Parliament represents the people and the majority of people don't agree
with you.
If you want to scrap parliament the start a party and get voted in to do so.

We dont hate remoaners, but we are very very angry with those who
have their fingers up their bottoms making them dance to a tune of
unrelenting media propaganda.

The same sort of lies brexiteers use?
No its not, most of what was predicted has happened on the stay side but
nothing has happened on the leave side other than "we aren't actually
going to do what we said (because it was all lies)".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
tim... wrote:
Ah, that's ok then. Maybe we will only lose 50% of our businesses ...

here you go again

assuming all the trade in goods will disappear

How much would be acceptable to you?

Given the fall in pound I can't see any drop in exports.

And will have to pay more for essential imports like energy and food. I'm
sure this is a win win situation to you Brexiteers, though.

To those working and have received an inflation busting pay increase,
quite possibly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
tim... wrote:
Ah, that's ok then. Maybe we will only lose 50% of our businesses ...

here you go again

assuming all the trade in goods will disappear

How much would be acceptable to you?

Given the fall in pound I can't see any drop in exports.

And will have to pay more for essential imports like energy and food.

Not necessarily when Boris dumps the EU tariffs on those.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/08/2019 03:19, jeikppkywk wrote:

There is a considerable difference of opinion
on whether leaving is a good idea or not. Thats
why the referendum got such a narrow result.

The purpose of democracy is to resolve issues on which there are
differences of opinion.

Not resolve so much as do what the majority want done.

I sat thropugh ten years of Labourt

Thats what happens in any real democracy, the side
of politics that is the govt changes periodically.

The only time that doesnt happen is with places like Singapore,
Taiwan and Japan that are a pathetic excuse for a real democracy.

and bitr my lip, because of democracy.

Those Labour years did work out quite well for most,
essentially because Blair wasnt the most rabid of Labour.

I will not sit through even three years of 'democracy stinks, we want the
EU!

Nothing you personally can do with make any difference to that.

And that has nothing to do with whether its a very divisive issue anyway.

[...]

Of course it is.

This is about tearing up the last vestiges of democracy this country
possesaes, wiping youre arse with it and selling the nation to a foreign
power.

Not when brexit happens on 29-Oct, and it will, you watch.

And very likely a no deal brexit too, which will
work fine with at most some short term shortages
of some stuff if enough start panic hording.

The day after the referendum it was a differeence of opinoin. Since then
it has become a fight to tear power from those who have usurped it from
the people.

We dont hate remoaners, but we are very very angry with those who have
their fingers up their bottoms making them dance to a tune of unrelenting
media propaganda.

I dont buy conspiracy theories. It just strongly held differences
of opinion and refusing to accept the referendum result.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 07:47:26 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous

Not necessarily when Boris dumps the EU tariffs on those.

Boris? EU? NONE of yours, senile asshole troll from Oz!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 08:05:09 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous

The purpose of democracy is to resolve issues on which there are
differences of opinion.

Not resolve so much as do what the majority want done.

The senile Ozzietard knows it ALL better, AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN...

FLUSH the rest of its latest troll**** unread

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 26/08/2019 03:19, jeikppkywk wrote:

There is a considerable difference of opinion on whether leaving is
a good idea or not. Thats why the referendum got such a narrow
result.

The purpose of democracy is to resolve issues on which there are
differences of opinion. I sat thropugh ten years of Labourt and bitr
my lip, because of democracy.

I will not sit through even three years of 'democracy stinks, we want
the EU!

"The people did not know what they were voting for". On which side
would that be?

See below.

"The people were lied to", On which side would that be?

Well we know many brexiteers lied because they have said what they
promised isn't going to happen.

No brexiteer was ever in any position to promise
anything you silly little pathological liar.

all the rest of your lies flushed where they belong

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/08/2019 22:47, jeikppkywk wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
* Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
**** tim... wrote:
Ah, that's ok then. Maybe we will only lose 50% of our businesses

here you go again

assuming all the trade in goods will disappear

How much would be acceptable to you?

Given the fall in pound I can't see any drop in exports.

And will have to pay more for essential imports like energy and food.

Not necessarily when Boris dumps the EU tariffs on those.

Also any tariffs will go to the UK Treasury, not some EU slush fund.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 08:36:56 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

all the rest of your lies flushed where they belong

That's exactly where you belong, you senile piece of ****!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/08/2019 23:45, Fredxx wrote:
On 26/08/2019 22:47, jeikppkywk wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
* Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
**** tim... wrote:
Ah, that's ok then. Maybe we will only lose 50% of our
businesses ...

here you go again

assuming all the trade in goods will disappear

How much would be acceptable to you?

Given the fall in pound I can't see any drop in exports.

And will have to pay more for essential imports like energy and food.

Not necessarily when Boris dumps the EU tariffs on those.

Also any tariffs will go to the UK Treasury, not some EU slush fund.

the tariffs don't go to the EU now, they go to the UK government.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
And will have to pay more for essential imports like energy and food. I'm
sure this is a win win situation to you Brexiteers, though.

To those working and have received an inflation busting pay increase,
quite possibly.

I doubt many have had a pay rise which will counteract the amount the
pound has devalued over the last couple of years.

--
*You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The purpose of democracy is to resolve issues on which there are differences of
opinion.
I sat through ten years of Labour and bit my lip, because of democracy.

It must have really broken your heart then having spent all those years
lining your pockets in South Africa which at the time was under an
Apartheid regime.

Still I suppose you can at least console yourself that you got out just in time.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , "dennis@home"
writes
On 26/08/2019 23:45, Fredxx wrote:
On 26/08/2019 22:47, jeikppkywk wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
* Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
**** tim... wrote:
Ah, that's ok then. Maybe we will only lose 50% of our
businesses ...

here you go again

assuming all the trade in goods will disappear

How much would be acceptable to you?

Given the fall in pound I can't see any drop in exports.

And will have to pay more for essential imports like energy and food.

Not necessarily when Boris dumps the EU tariffs on those.

Also any tariffs will go to the UK Treasury, not some EU slush fund.

the tariffs don't go to the EU now, they go to the UK government.

Who then pay over most of it to the EU (I forget the exact %age and
can't be bothered to look it up for your benefit).
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/08/2019 21:23, bert wrote:
In article , "dennis@home"
writes
On 26/08/2019 23:45, Fredxx wrote:
On 26/08/2019 22:47, jeikppkywk wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
* Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
**** tim... wrote:
Ah, that's ok then. Maybe we will only lose 50% of our
businesses ...

here you go again

assuming all the trade in goods will disappear

How much would be acceptable to you?

Given the fall in pound I can't see any drop in exports.

And will have to pay more for essential imports like energy and food.

Not necessarily when Boris dumps the EU tariffs on those.
*Also any tariffs will go to the UK Treasury, not some EU slush fund.

the tariffs don't go to the EU now, they go to the UK government.

Who then pay over most of it to the EU (I forget the exact %age and
can't be bothered to look it up for your benefit).

You mean you made it up!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , "dennis@home"
writes
On 28/08/2019 21:23, bert wrote:
In article , "dennis@home"
writes
On 26/08/2019 23:45, Fredxx wrote:
On 26/08/2019 22:47, jeikppkywk wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
* Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
**** tim... wrote:
Ah, that's ok then. Maybe we will only lose 50% of our
businesses ...

here you go again

assuming all the trade in goods will disappear

How much would be acceptable to you?

Given the fall in pound I can't see any drop in exports.

And will have to pay more for essential imports like energy and food.

Not necessarily when Boris dumps the EU tariffs on those.
*Also any tariffs will go to the UK Treasury, not some EU slush fund.

the tariffs don't go to the EU now, they go to the UK government.

Who then pay over most of it to the EU (I forget the exact %age and
can't be bothered to look it up for your benefit).

You mean you made it up!

I specifically didn't make it up.
--
bert