Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Another reason for voting for Brexit

On 26/08/2019 03:19, jeikppkywk wrote:

There is a considerable difference of opinion on whether leaving is
a good idea or not. Thats why the referendum got such a narrow
result.

The purpose of democracy is to resolve issues on which there are
differences of opinion. I sat thropugh ten years of Labourt and bitr
my lip, because of democracy.

I will not sit through even three years of 'democracy stinks, we want
the EU!

"The people did not know what they were voting for". On which side
would that be?

See below.

"The people were lied to", On which side would that be?

Well we know many brexiteers lied because they have said what they
promised isn't going to happen.

"The campaign was organised by people with plenty of money - most of
it offshore". On which side would that be?

Both, so what?

"The referendum was only advisory?" Despite being nade abundantly
clear to the electorate the the decision would be acted on.

Even though the brexiteers did nothing but lie.

"Things have changed: We need a second referendum" I said that
halfway through BLair. No one listened.

"It will be an economic disaster for the country", I said that as
soon as Blair was elected. No one listened.

But nobody with sense believes a word you say.

In short I have sat through populist democracy - Thatcher, Blair,
Brown Camneron - none of whom I voted for and for the first time in
my life I am on the winning side of an election.

And the LOSERS want to now say democracy is only when you vote the
right way.

But that's the brexiteers stance, "you can't change your mind as we have
won!"

However the same brexiteers also said they would continue to demand
another referendum if they didn't win.

So who is being anti democratic, the people who want another say or the
ones that don't?

Whenair won with about 25% of te electorate we wre told be had a
democratic mandate. When Leave wins with 45% or whatever we wre told
they do not.

but leave haven't got a 45% win and what they did get is based on lies.

This is not about a 'difference of opinion' This is about tearing up
the last vestiges of democracy this country possesaes, wiping youre
arse with it and selling the nation to a foreign power.

well yes brexiteers don't want democracy, they want decisions in their
favour to be unchallengeable, but not the other way around.

The day after the referendum it was a differeence of opinoin. Since
then it has become a fight to tear power from those who have usurped
it from the people.

Parliament represents the people and the majority of people don't agree
with you.
If you want to scrap parliament the start a party and get voted in to do so.

We dont hate remoaners, but we are very very angry with those who
have their fingers up their bottoms making them dance to a tune of
unrelenting media propaganda.

The same sort of lies brexiteers use?
No its not, most of what was predicted has happened on the stay side but
nothing has happened on the leave side other than "we aren't actually
going to do what we said (because it was all lies)".