Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Another reason for voting for Brexit

In article , "dennis@home"
writes
On 26/08/2019 23:45, Fredxx wrote:
On 26/08/2019 22:47, jeikppkywk wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
* Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
**** tim... wrote:
Ah, that's ok then. Maybe we will only lose 50% of our
businesses ...

here you go again

assuming all the trade in goods will disappear

How much would be acceptable to you?

Given the fall in pound I can't see any drop in exports.

And will have to pay more for essential imports like energy and food.

Not necessarily when Boris dumps the EU tariffs on those.

Also any tariffs will go to the UK Treasury, not some EU slush fund.

the tariffs don't go to the EU now, they go to the UK government.

Who then pay over most of it to the EU (I forget the exact %age and
can't be bothered to look it up for your benefit).
--
bert