Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.local.kent,uk.politics.misc

Default Brexit going well, eh? LOL

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
The Yellowhammer leak has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons but I
noted with mild amusement when reading commentary this morning that the
likely (note *not* worst-case) ramifications of leaving with no deal are
exactly as I predicted and called here months ago, from Polly Toynbee;

Pause here to reprise the Yellowhammer analysis: ports chaos for three
months and then only restored to 50% of their function; diabetics and
children with cancer not guaranteed their drugs; no chemicals to treat the
water supply; fresh food shortages; food riots; sterling plunging and banks
disrupted; two refineries to possibly close, accompanied by strikes and
fuel shortages; civil unrest around Irelands border before long;
Gibraltars 15,000 workers delayed for hours daily at the border; embassies
besieged by expat visa and passport worries; clashes at sea with our 12
vessels unable to police UK waters; care homes closing within months €“ and
a lot more. Add to that the outrages which will be caused by Priti Patels
hostile Home Office closing the border to Europeans on the stroke of
midnight on 31 October: expect children separated from parents; doctors and
nurses barred from returning to work; mayhem and scandal across Europe at
our brutal behaviour
///end quote

Sunlit uplands, then, Brian?

You just keep trying to reassure yourself Steve, you seem to need it.

Im just very concerned about children with cancer running out of medicine,
Brian. I would expect most decent people to be so, tbh. Its €śinteresting€ť
that you dont seem to care one way or the other. HTH, OM.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.local.kent,uk.politics.misc

On 20 Aug 2019 08:04:14 GMT, Stephen Cole
wrote:

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
[...]

Brian. I would expect most decent people to be so, tbh. It’s “interesting”
that you don’t seem to care one way or the other. HTH, OM.

the only disruption that will occur is any generated by parties
who have bad will

--
www.abelard.org
Posted to uk.radio.amateur, uk.d-i-y, uk.local.kent, uk.politics.misc

On 20 Aug 2019, Stephen Cole wrote
(in article ):

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
[...]

Is this country incapable of manufacturing chlorine based chemicals?

Is this country capable of manufacturing anything?

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.local.kent,uk.politics.misc

news.com...

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
[...]

And is free to import that stuff before 29-Oct.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.local.kent,uk.politics.misc

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 19:36:47 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

No chemicals to treat the water supply?

Is this country incapable of manufacturing chlorine based chemicals?

Is this country capable of manufacturing anything?

And is free to import that stuff before 29-Oct.

Nobody talked to you, senile Ozzie pest!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
[...]

Just ignore him. He was whining before about too much chlorine, he's
never happy ;-)

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

On 20/08/2019 09:04, Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
[...]

No, you are worried about KFC and advising people to arm themselves.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
[...]

Why do you hate children with cancer, Brian?

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
[...]

Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
[...]

Im in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why arent you, Brian?

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
[...]

"interesting" that you don't seem to care one way or the other. HTH,
OM.

No, you are worried about KFC and advising people to arm themselves.

Why do you hate children with cancer, Brian?

Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

On the contrary, if idiotic political decisions are going to affect
children with cancer then it would seem essential. After all, we could
negotiate a complete break with the common market after a transition
period and achieve the same result as a "no-deal" Brexit without all the
drama and disruption, it that is what you people really want.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

--
*Always borrow money from pessimists - they don't expect it back *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/2019 15:05, Roger Hayter wrote:
On the contrary, if idiotic political decisions are going to affect
children with cancer then it would seem essential.

It would, but they are not.
Its just more FUD.

After all, we could
negotiate a complete break with the common market after a transition
period and achieve the same result as a "no-deal" Brexit without all the
drama and disruption, it that is what you people really want

That is exactly what we ARE doing.

We have had three years of transition period to get the ducks in a row.
Of course no one expected remainers to essentially render us as
unprepared as possible in order to sway public opnion away from leaving
altogether.

Matthew Hancock has assured the House that the NHS is ready.

--
€śSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€ť

Dennis Miller

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

Women and children first, OM. First law of chivalry. HTH.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
[...]

Use students instead

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

Women and children first, OM. First law of chivalry. HTH.

Chivalry? On ukra? You're having a laugh?

--
*Eat well, stay fit, die anyway

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 20 August 2019 15:25:58 UTC+1, Stephen Cole wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

Women and children first, OM. First law of chivalry. HTH.

What about equality though

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
[...]

I bet cocaine and heroin gets in ok.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

Is it really necessary to ask such a question ?

Children with cancer or any other serious illness always
attract the greatest sympathy as they stand to lose far
more years of life than do adults. They never get the chance
to fulfil their potential or conversley to chance to
show that they never really had any to start with.

If Corbyn wasn't completely gormless he would right now be
asking for categorical guarentees from both Johnson and Gove
that no child with cancer will die as a result of a
shortage of medication following a No Deal Brexit.

No if or buts but a straightforward guarentee.

michael adams

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.local.kent,uk.politics.misc

"Keema's Nan" wrote in message
news.com...

No chemicals to treat the water supply?

Is this country incapable of manufacturing chlorine based chemicals?

Of course not.

The problem is when Boris tried to convince Donald Tusk that the UK could
have all the necessary factories all built and up and runninhg within the space
of a couple of weeks the latter found it difficult not to burst out laughing

michael adams

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/2019 19:41, michael adams wrote:
"Keema's Nan" wrote in message
news.com...

No chemicals to treat the water supply?

Is this country incapable of manufacturing chlorine based chemicals?

Of course not.

The problem is when Boris tried to convince Donald Tusk that the UK could
have all the necessary factories all built and up and runninhg within the space
of a couple of weeks the latter found it difficult not to burst out laughing

One of the largest facilities in Europe producing chlorine is in the UK,
Runcorn to be more exact.

Perhaps you should think before inventing silly stories.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:

Is this country incapable of manufacturing chlorine based chemicals?

Is this country capable of manufacturing anything?

Just ignore him. He was whining before about too much chlorine, he's
never happy ;-)

Chlorine will be in plentiful supply post Brexit, just rinse Trumps
rancid chicken out, and use lot's of chillies on the sunday roast :-)

AB
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

Actually the best thing for the EU to do to confuse borris is to say, no
deal leaving is not allowed and either force the deal or delay the leaving
again. That would make him a liar and may even save him from a treasonable
offence as I think that taking Britain out with no deal in the direct way he
will is against Parliaments wishes as we have seen already.
A constitutional crisis should mean that some independent group manages the
country till the legal wrangling is sorted out. We need a proper
constitution in my view as at the moment there is an impasse and really
looking at the numbers who did not vote to leave or vote at all its by no
means clear that leaving is what the public wants.
its a hell of a mess.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Reay" wrote in message ...
On 20/08/2019 19:41, michael adams wrote:
"Keema's Nan" wrote in message
news.com...

No chemicals to treat the water supply?

Is this country incapable of manufacturing chlorine based chemicals?

Of course not.

The problem is when Boris tried to convince Donald Tusk that the UK could
have all the necessary factories all built and up and runninhg within the space
of a couple of weeks the latter found it difficult not to burst out laughing

One of the largest facilities in Europe producing chlorine is in the UK, Runcorn to be
more exact.

And to be even more exact the manufacture of "chlorine based chemicals"
clearly involves processes and additional chemicals over and above what's
necessary to produce chlorine.

Otherwise these chemicals would all simply be called er, chlorine,

Perhaps you should think before inventing silly stories.

Maybe you could find somebody who is able explain to you the difference
beween chlorine, and "chlorine based chemicals" in language you can
understand.

hint: you'll probably find the manufacture of the latter is a bit more
complicated, if only because it consists of three words rather than
one.

HTH

michael adams

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
Actually the best thing for the EU to do to confuse borris is to say, no
deal leaving is not allowed and either force the deal or delay the leaving
again. That would make him a liar and may even save him from a treasonable
offence as I think that taking Britain out with no deal in the direct way he
will is against Parliaments wishes as we have seen already.
A constitutional crisis should mean that some independent group manages the
country till the legal wrangling is sorted out. We need a proper
constitution in my view as at the moment there is an impasse and really
looking at the numbers who did not vote to leave or vote at all its by no
means clear that leaving is what the public wants.
its a hell of a mess.
Brian

I didnt think anyone was more out of touch with reality than Steve until I
read the above.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/2019 15:25, Stephen Cole wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

Women and children first, OM. First law of chivalry. HTH.

That might make sense now, but I have often thought that in the past it
would have meant the husband/father dying and his dependents finding
themselves destitute.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

Is it really necessary to ask such a question ?

Children with cancer or any other serious illness always
attract the greatest sympathy as they stand to lose far
more years of life than do adults. They never get the chance
to fulfil their potential or conversley to chance to
show that they never really had any to start with.

If Corbyn wasn't completely gormless he would right now be
asking for categorical guarentees from both Johnson and Gove
that no child with cancer will die as a result of a
shortage of medication following a No Deal Brexit.

No if or buts but a straightforward guarentee.

Completely silly. No one can every guarantee
that no child with cancer will never die and
when one does, its never going to be possible
to know what killed them.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
On 20/08/2019 19:41, michael adams wrote:
"Keema's Nan" wrote in message
news.com...

No chemicals to treat the water supply?

Is this country incapable of manufacturing chlorine based chemicals?

Of course not.

The problem is when Boris tried to convince Donald Tusk that the UK could
have all the necessary factories all built and up and runninhg within the
space
of a couple of weeks the latter found it difficult not to burst out
laughing

One of the largest facilities in Europe producing chlorine is in the UK,
Runcorn to be more exact.

Perhaps you should think before inventing silly stories.

He can't. Ear to ear dog **** isnt capable of thought.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 08:04:41 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Women and children first, OM. First law of chivalry. HTH.

What about equality though

****it.

If someone wanted to hear an asshole, they'd have farted, senile asshole!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

Brian Gaff wrote

Actually the best thing for the EU to do to confuse borris is to say, no
deal leaving is not allowed

Boris knows that that’s a lie and that that happens
automatically if there is no agreement by 29-Oct.

and either force the deal

Not even possible to do that. The UK parliament has to accept any deal.

or delay the leaving again.

Not possible. Article 50 only allows a delay by mutual agreement and
Boris has said repeatedly that he won’t be having any more delay.

That would make him a liar

Nope, because it can't happen.

and may even save him from a treasonable offence

There is no such treasonable offence.

as I think that taking Britain out with no deal in the direct way he will
is against Parliaments wishes as we have seen already.

Irrelevant to what Article 50 provides for. Parliament chose to
invoke that by a massive majority and it gets to wear that now.

A constitutional crisis should mean that some independent group manages
the country till the legal wrangling is sorted out.

Fantasy given that a no deal brexit happens on 29-Oct if
the EU doesn’t cave on the backstop which is what Boris
requires to agree to any deal the EU comes up with.

And there is no constitutional mechanism to stop Boris
driving the bus before 29-Oct. The most parliament can
do is pass a no confidence motion, see Boris tell Liz that
the general election is after 29-Oct and given that the
purdur rule means that the govt can't take any new
action, the UK leaves the EU completely automatically
with no deal.

We need a proper constitution in my view as at the moment there is an
impasse and really looking at the numbers who did not vote to leave or
vote at all its by no means clear that leaving is what the public wants.
its a hell of a mess.

It was always going to be that given how divided the country is on leaving.

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 08:26:55 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Of course, it's possible, you senile idiot and notorious bull**** artist!

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 08:30:24 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

He can't. Ear to ear dog **** isnt capable of thought.

So why don't you replace the **** you got for brains, senile ****head?

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 08:50:53 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Actually the best thing for the EU to do to confuse borris is to say, no
deal leaving is not allowed

Boris knows

Boris? UK? EU? NONE of yours, you obnoxious senile Ozzie cretin!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 20/08/2019 15:25, Stephen Cole wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

Women and children first, OM. First law of chivalry. HTH.

That might make sense now, but I have often thought that in the past it
would have meant the husband/father dying and his dependents finding
themselves destitute.

But they mostly did use those in wartime anyway.

Corse that silly cow Budica was one exception.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 09:22:12 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile troll's troll****

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote:
On 20/08/2019 15:25, Stephen Cole wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

Women and children first, OM. First law of chivalry. HTH.

That might make sense now, but I have often thought that in the past it
would have meant the husband/father dying and his dependents finding
themselves destitute.

Perhaps, but I think it has an explanation if you consider biology; the
genetic imperative demands that a persons (the mans) offspring are
protected and nurtured well enough by them to ensure the continuation of
the genetic line, so €śwomen and children first€ť and a husband sacrificing
himself to save them makes sense in that regard.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Stephen Cole wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:
On 20/08/2019 15:25, Stephen Cole wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

Women and children first, OM. First law of chivalry. HTH.

That might make sense now, but I have often thought that in the past it
would have meant the husband/father dying and his dependents finding
themselves destitute.

Perhaps, but I think it has an explanation if you consider biology; the
genetic imperative demands that a persons (the mans) offspring are
protected and nurtured well enough by them to ensure the continuation of
the genetic line, so €śwomen and children first€ť and a husband sacrificing
himself to save them makes sense in that regard.

Interesting choice of words.

Where does that leave those who arent married?

BTW, nature makes a nonsense of your claim. The natural world is peppered
with examples of the female being the protector or the offspring being
simply left to get of with it.

In other words, biology has nothing to do with it. The women and children
first concept comes from the kind of values you spend your time rubbishing.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.net.news.management,uk.politics.misc

Stephen Cole wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:
On 20/08/2019 15:25, Stephen Cole wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
[...]

Did cavemen get married in the Stone Age, Brian?

BTW, nature makes a nonsense of your claim. The natural world is peppered
with examples of the female being the protector or the offspring being
simply left to get of with it.

This thread is about human beings. Please learn to reading comprehension,
OM. TIA.

In other words, biology has nothing to do with it. The women and children
first concept comes from the kind of values you spend your time rubbishing.

The values that I spend time rubbishing are those that espouse depriving
children of cancer medicine in exchange for a blue passport. HTH, OM.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

"Stephen Cole" wrote in message
Steve Walker wrote:
On 20/08/2019 15:25, Stephen Cole wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

Women and children first, OM. First law of chivalry. HTH.

That might make sense now, but I have often thought that in the past it
would have meant the husband/father dying and his dependents finding
themselves destitute.

Perhaps, but I think it has an explanation if you consider biology; the
genetic imperative demands that a person's (the man's) offspring are
protected and nurtured well enough by them to ensure the continuation of
the genetic line, so "women and children first" and a husband sacrificing
himself to save them makes sense in that regard.

**** no let them starve we don't want any more fruitcakes like you
........don't object to you popping your clogs though.....