Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Brexit going well, eh? LOL

"Stephen Cole" wrote in message
Steve Walker wrote:
On 20/08/2019 15:25, Stephen Cole wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

I'm in favour of children with cancer having an unbroken supply of
medication. Why aren't you, Brian?

Just children, then? Other cancer patients don't matter?

Women and children first, OM. First law of chivalry. HTH.

That might make sense now, but I have often thought that in the past it
would have meant the husband/father dying and his dependents finding
themselves destitute.

Perhaps, but I think it has an explanation if you consider biology; the
genetic imperative demands that a person's (the man's) offspring are
protected and nurtured well enough by them to ensure the continuation of
the genetic line, so "women and children first" and a husband sacrificing
himself to save them makes sense in that regard.

**** no let them starve we don't want any more fruitcakes like you
........don't object to you popping your clogs though.....