Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Brexit going well, eh? LOL

Brian Reay wrote:

On 20/08/2019 13:10, Stephen Cole wrote:
EU Citizen Brian Reay G8OSN wrote:
On 20/08/2019 09:04, Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote: The Yellowhammer
leak has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons but I noted with
mild amusement when reading commentary this morning that the likely
(note *not* worst-case) ramifications of leaving with no deal are
exactly as I predicted and called here months ago, from Polly Toynbee;
Pause here to reprise the Yellowhammer analysis: ports chaos for
three months and then only restored to 50% of their function;
diabetics and children with cancer not guaranteed their drugs; no
chemicals to treat the water supply; fresh food shortages; food
riots; sterling plunging and banks disrupted; two refineries to
possibly close, accompanied by strikes and fuel shortages; civil
unrest around Ireland's border before long; Gibraltar's 15,000
workers delayed for hours daily at the border; embassies besieged by
expat visa and passport worries; clashes at sea with our 12 vessels
unable to police UK waters; care homes closing within months €“ and a
lot more. Add to that the outrages which will be caused by Priti
Patel's hostile Home Office closing the border to Europeans on the
stroke of midnight on 31 October: expect children separated from
parents; doctors and nurses barred from returning to work; mayhem
and scandal across Europe at our brutal behaviour ///end quote
Sunlit uplands, then, Brian?

You just keep trying to reassure yourself Steve, you seem to need it.

I'm just very concerned about children with cancer running out of
medicine, Brian. I would expect most decent people to be so, tbh. It's
"interesting" that you don't seem to care one way or the other. HTH,
OM.

No, you are worried about KFC and advising people to arm themselves.

Why do you hate children with cancer, Brian?

Trying to use children with cancer as political ammunition is beneath
contempt Steve.

On the contrary, if idiotic political decisions are going to affect
children with cancer then it would seem essential. After all, we could
negotiate a complete break with the common market after a transition
period and achieve the same result as a "no-deal" Brexit without all the
drama and disruption, it that is what you people really want.

--

Roger Hayter