Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Brexit going well, eh? LOL

Brian Gaff wrote

Actually the best thing for the EU to do to confuse borris is to say, no
deal leaving is not allowed

Boris knows that that’s a lie and that that happens
automatically if there is no agreement by 29-Oct.

and either force the deal

Not even possible to do that. The UK parliament has to accept any deal.

or delay the leaving again.

Not possible. Article 50 only allows a delay by mutual agreement and
Boris has said repeatedly that he won’t be having any more delay.

That would make him a liar

Nope, because it can't happen.

and may even save him from a treasonable offence

There is no such treasonable offence.

as I think that taking Britain out with no deal in the direct way he will
is against Parliaments wishes as we have seen already.

Irrelevant to what Article 50 provides for. Parliament chose to
invoke that by a massive majority and it gets to wear that now.

A constitutional crisis should mean that some independent group manages
the country till the legal wrangling is sorted out.

Fantasy given that a no deal brexit happens on 29-Oct if
the EU doesn’t cave on the backstop which is what Boris
requires to agree to any deal the EU comes up with.

And there is no constitutional mechanism to stop Boris
driving the bus before 29-Oct. The most parliament can
do is pass a no confidence motion, see Boris tell Liz that
the general election is after 29-Oct and given that the
purdur rule means that the govt can't take any new
action, the UK leaves the EU completely automatically
with no deal.

We need a proper constitution in my view as at the moment there is an
impasse and really looking at the numbers who did not vote to leave or
vote at all its by no means clear that leaving is what the public wants.
its a hell of a mess.

It was always going to be that given how divided the country is on leaving.

"Moomin" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 12:49:24 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

On 20/08/2019 09:04, Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
The Yellowhammer leak has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons
but I noted with mild amusement when reading commentary this morning
that the likely (note *not* worst-case) ramifications of leaving with
no deal are exactly as I predicted and called here months ago, from
Polly Toynbee;

Pause here to reprise the Yellowhammer analysis: ports chaos for
three months and then only restored to 50% of their function;
diabetics and children with cancer not guaranteed their drugs; no
chemicals to treat the water supply; fresh food shortages; food
riots; sterling plunging and banks disrupted; two refineries to
possibly close, accompanied by strikes and fuel shortages; civil
unrest around Ireland's border before long; Gibraltar's 15,000
workers delayed for hours daily at the border; embassies besieged by
expat visa and passport worries; clashes at sea with our 12 vessels
unable to police UK waters; care homes closing within months - and a
lot more. Add to that the outrages which will be caused by Priti
Patel's hostile Home Office closing the border to Europeans on the
stroke of midnight on 31 October: expect children separated from
parents; doctors and nurses barred from returning to work; mayhem and
scandal across Europe at our brutal behaviour ///end quote

Sunlit uplands, then, Brian?

You just keep trying to reassure yourself Steve, you seem to need it.

I'm just very concerned about children with cancer running out of
medicine, Brian. I would expect most decent people to be so, tbh. It's
"interesting"
that you don't seem to care one way or the other. HTH, OM.

No, you are worried about KFC and advising people to arm themselves.

I bet cocaine and heroin gets in ok.