Old June 17th 19, 10:27 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Inanimate objects and interdimensional travel

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 4:44:42 PM UTC+1, Marland wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:
I've had a Saniflo Sanishower tor over three years to pump waste from a
garage sink to the main foul water pipe about 120cm above it. It has
worked perfectly. during that time.

It is in a double-cupboard under the sink, which I guess was the
previous owner's kitchen reject when a new kitchen was installed years
ago. This morning I noticed a smell in the cupboard - that slightly
sewer-like smell of standing wastewater. I checked the pump inlet and
outlet, and the area around the pump, but there was no water to be seen.
It was then I noticed that a cap on top of the pump body (probably
covering an air-bleed to the pressure switch) was missing. That cap is
white plastic, about 4 cm in diameter, and a cm or so deep in the centre
where it fits into a hole on the top of the pump. I've taken everything
out of that cupboard and looked around it, but that bloody cap is
nowhere to be seen! There is no way it could have broken and fallen into
the pump body. So where is it? In a parallel universe?

Rat carried it off.

GH

Ask the wife. She'll walk in and it will re-materialise immediately.

I have a theory about dropping things and old age. The older one gets the farther away they will migrate. Teenager drops something, its at his feet. I drop something and it will dispppear under a piece of furniture the far end of the room