Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default the innate perversity of inanimate objects

My knice knife is back in my pocket!

We got lucky. The lake was unusually calm last night and this
morning, so the water was gin clear. I could easily see the knife on
the bottom while standing on the dock this morning. Hell, I could
even see the oblong hole in the back of the blade that aids opening
with the thumb of the holding hand. It had sideslipped a couple of
feet from point of entry but it was still under the dock in about 3
feet of water.

It had occurred to me to use the barbeque tongs with which to grab it.
Then the only body parts that need get wet are legs and maybe a
forearm. When I mentioned that as I was girding for my dunk,
Minnesota Mary said "oh, I'll do it", forthwith stripped to the
waist (from toes up), grabbed the tongs, waded into the lake and
retrieved my knife first try.

I was suitably appreciative.

A while later a fresh onshore wind came up, the lake got lumpy with
waves rolling in, and an hour after that visibility was less than 3"
in the turbid seapoop water.

We used to pretty much always drive the truck to the lake so there's
a big donut magnet in the bed. Next trip I'll bring that magnet to
live here and be available when needed. I rather doubt that this
will be the last tool dropped out of the boat or off the dock.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

[...]

You are a blessed man.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 01:45:54 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

[...]

I am indeed, and I thank my lucky stars every day. I also try to
take pretty good care of my bride.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

[...]

Just tell her to be careful not to need rescuing from a cold lake - help
might be slow coming!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

[...]

You better! I've heard that she is a great shooter.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 14:29:07 +0800, "kelly" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

[...]

I'd be in the water before my shadow knew I was gone. I actually did
save her from under an inverted and trapped canoe in 60-degree white
water once upon a time. No credit for bravery though, I was already
wet. (I'd been in the same canoe).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 8, 12:52*am, Don Foreman wrote:
My knice knife is back in my pocket! *

So will a magnet pick it up???

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:14:07 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote the following:

I'd be in the water before my shadow knew I was gone. I actually did
save her from under an inverted and trapped canoe in 60-degree white
water once upon a time. No credit for bravery though, I was already
wet. (I'd been in the same canoe).

So, now that she's done the dirty for ya, you're even.

Say, Don, now that you ahve your goodie back, why not develop a net
system which funnels goodies into a retrievable bucket in the deep
water in front of your dock? You can collect other folks droppings
then, too. Stainless screening is available for your non-fencing lame
and your dock collection system from the very same source.

--
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what
to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote the following:

I'd be in the water before my shadow knew I was gone. I actually did
save her from under an inverted and trapped canoe in 60-degree white
water once upon a time. No credit for bravery though, I was already
wet. (I'd been in the same canoe).

So, now that she's done the dirty for ya, you're even.

Say, Don, now that you ahve your goodie back, why not develop a net
system which funnels goodies into a retrievable bucket in the deep
water in front of your dock? You can collect other folks droppings
then, too. Stainless screening is available for your non-fencing lame
and your dock collection system from the very same source.

If neighbor Zip spotted that, it would immediately become a minnow
trap.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:10:40 -0500, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Don,

I would like to renew my candidacy for adoption by Mary and you.

Bob Swinney

Do I get to shoot your Kimber?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote the following:

I'd be in the water before my shadow knew I was gone. I actually did
save her from under an inverted and trapped canoe in 60-degree white
water once upon a time. No credit for bravery though, I was already
wet. (I'd been in the same canoe).

So, now that she's done the dirty for ya, you're even.

Say, Don, now that you ahve your goodie back, why not develop a net
system which funnels goodies into a retrievable bucket in the deep
water in front of your dock? You can collect other folks droppings
then, too. Stainless screening is available for your non-fencing lame
and your dock collection system from the very same source.

If neighbor Zip spotted that, it would immediately become a minnow
trap.

So build and sell one to him before you install yours. He can finance
both, wot?

--
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what
to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
-- George S. Patton

The innate perversity of inanimate objects Don Foreman Metalworking 74 June 12th 10 09:00 AM
turning objects godwin Woodturning 6 September 1st 08 12:53 AM
Falling objects Robert Allison Home Repair 11 June 3rd 07 09:29 PM
Inanimate Objects Aren't (Hand Tools Psychology) charlieb Woodworking 12 April 11th 07 05:30 AM
Dogs with habits of pissing on inanimate objects [email protected] Home Repair 5 May 9th 06 04:04 PM