Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Inanimate objects and interdimensional travel

Have you had anyone cleaning in the place recently? The common solutions are
the right ones. Its been found and binned as probably belonging to some
bottle no longer used since most people will not have seen the item away
from its normal place. Chances are it went brittle and was broken which was
why it fell out.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
I've had a Saniflo Sanishower tor over three years to pump waste from a
garage sink to the main foul water pipe about 120cm above it. It has
worked perfectly. during that time.

It is in a double-cupboard under the sink, which I guess was the previous
owner's kitchen reject when a new kitchen was installed years ago. This
morning I noticed a smell in the cupboard - that slightly sewer-like smell
of standing wastewater. I checked the pump inlet and outlet, and the area
around the pump, but there was no water to be seen. It was then I noticed
that a cap on top of the pump body (probably covering an air-bleed to the
pressure switch) was missing. That cap is white plastic, about 4 cm in
diameter, and a cm or so deep in the centre where it fits into a hole on
the top of the pump. I've taken everything out of that cupboard and looked
around it, but that bloody cap is nowhere to be seen! There is no way it
could have broken and fallen into the pump body. So where is it? In a
parallel universe?

Anyway, I contacted Saniflo and a new cap is on its way. Their support was
excellent.

--

Jeff