Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Inanimate objects and interdimensional travel

On 14/06/2019 11:35, Jeff Layman wrote:
I've had a Saniflo Sanishower tor over three years to pump waste from a
garage sink to the main foul water pipe about 120cm above it. It has
worked perfectly. during that time.

It is in a double-cupboard under the sink, which I guess was the
previous owner's kitchen reject when a new kitchen was installed years
ago. This morning I noticed a smell in the cupboard - that slightly
sewer-like smell of standing wastewater. I checked the pump inlet and
outlet, and the area around the pump, but there was no water to be seen.
It was then I noticed that a cap on top of the pump body (probably
covering an air-bleed to the pressure switch) was missing. That cap is
white plastic, about 4 cm in diameter, and a cm or so deep in the centre
where it fits into a hole on the top of the pump. I've taken everything
out of that cupboard and looked around it, but that bloody cap is
nowhere to be seen! There is no way it could have broken and fallen into
the pump body. So where is it? In a parallel universe?

Same place as all the biros and odd socks.