Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The squad.

Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

Skin colour and cultural affiliation are orthogonal factors unless you
are some pureblood weirdo who thinks that in order to be English you
have to trace ancestry back 20 generations on this isle (and the right
bit of this isle obviously).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

Such a shame as well. As going by Google images at least it seems
Scotland would have been to field a full eleven out of eleven. Only
sadly, they didn't qualify.

While on the subject of "The Three Lions" the Platagenet crest from Anjou
in France, before the Three Lions there was the White Hart of Richard 11.
I've only just noticed that all the angels on the right hand panel
of the Wilton Dyptich are all turned out in team colours.

https://eclecticlight.co/2015/11/01/...-gordon-et-al/

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

What makes you say I do from that post? Although the 'my country right or
wrong' brand of patriotism often does go hand in hand with racism.

Skin colour and cultural affiliation are orthogonal factors unless you
are some pureblood weirdo who thinks that in order to be English you
have to trace ancestry back 20 generations on this isle (and the right
bit of this isle obviously).

You don't really see the irony of voting Brexit to 'get our jobs back'
while cheering on a team made mainly of those who have 'taken jobs from
the English'?

--
*A fool and his money can throw one hell of a party.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

What makes you say I do from that post? Although the 'my country right or
wrong' brand of patriotism often does go hand in hand with racism.

Skin colour and cultural affiliation are orthogonal factors unless you
are some pureblood weirdo who thinks that in order to be English you
have to trace ancestry back 20 generations on this isle (and the right
bit of this isle obviously).

You don't really see the irony of voting Brexit to 'get our jobs back'
while cheering on a team made mainly of those who have 'taken jobs from
the English'?

As usual, every time you mention Brexit you utterly fail:

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...l-players-born

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

What makes you say I do from that post? Although the 'my country right or
wrong' brand of patriotism often does go hand in hand with racism.

It seemed to be the subtext of the above. But if that was not intended,
then...

Skin colour and cultural affiliation are orthogonal factors unless you
are some pureblood weirdo who thinks that in order to be English you
have to trace ancestry back 20 generations on this isle (and the right
bit of this isle obviously).

You don't really see the irony of voting Brexit to 'get our jobs back'
while cheering on a team made mainly of those who have 'taken jobs from
the English'?

As I don't follow football, you'll have to help me out he

1) Are the all the players in the squad English? Well, British citizens
and mostly living in England?

2a) If so, no problem.

2b) If not, then yes, I see the irony, and secondly I think they should
be. What *is* the point of a regional team that doesn't actually
represent the region? Note ethnic origin is not relevant here, but if
you are going to buy in say a French player for England, then it's all
rather silly calling it "the England team" IMHO
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/06/18 14:49, Fredxx wrote:

You don't really see the irony of voting Brexit to 'get our jobs back'
while cheering on a team made mainly of those who have 'taken jobs from
the English'?

As usual, every time you mention Brexit you utterly fail:

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...l-players-born

That's what I assumed... Interesting the North West has such strong
representation...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/06/2018 13:26, Tim Watts wrote:
Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

Skin colour and cultural affiliation are orthogonal factors unless you
are some pureblood weirdo who thinks that in order to be English you
have to trace ancestry back 20 generations on this isle (and the right
bit of this isle obviously).

Only 20 generations! What a white settler!

For the absence of doubt, yes that is a joke.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
[...]

Now give the details of the current squad.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6/25/2018 3:15 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:27:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

I was more intrigued that there were Panamanian players "Cooper" and
"Davis"

What sort of surname did you expect?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 25/06/2018 14:52, Tim Watts wrote:
On 25/06/18 14:49, Fredxx wrote:

You don't really see the irony of voting Brexit to 'get our jobs back'
while cheering on a team made mainly of those who have 'taken jobs from
the English'?

As usual, every time you mention Brexit you utterly fail:

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...l-players-born

That's what I assumed... Interesting the North West has such strong
representation...

About as big as Yorkshire's:-)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44495550

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 25/06/2018 16:13, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 15:49:44 +0100, S Viemeister wrote:

On 6/25/2018 3:15 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:27:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to
'get our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people
they likely consider to 'be like them'?

I was more intrigued that there were Panamanian players "Cooper" and
"Davis"

What sort of surname did you expect?

Well given they had team mates Escobar, Torres, Rodriguez, Murillo,
Penedo ...

*******o?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

When I first started to watch football back in the late 1970s one of the
popular chants was "We have got more Wogs than you".

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6/25/2018 4:13 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 15:49:44 +0100, S Viemeister wrote:
On 6/25/2018 3:15 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:27:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to
'get our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people
they likely consider to 'be like them'?
I was more intrigued that there were Panamanian players "Cooper" and
"Davis"

What sort of surname did you expect?

Well given they had team mates Escobar, Torres, Rodriguez, Murillo,
Penedo ...

Considering the history of Panama, I'm surprised there were not _more_
Anglo-type names.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
[...]

I have no idea what you are trying to prove.

I repeat, as usual, every time you mention Brexit you utterly fail:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44495550
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/06/2018 13:26, Tim Watts wrote:
Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

Probably based on what they say here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/06/18 17:44, dennis@home wrote:
On 25/06/2018 13:26, Tim Watts wrote:
Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

Probably based on what they say here.

I'm an English patriot.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW Wrote in message:
On 25/06/2018 16:13, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 15:49:44 +0100, S Viemeister wrote:

On 6/25/2018 3:15 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:27:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to
'get our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people
they likely consider to 'be like them'?

I was more intrigued that there were Panamanian players "Cooper" and
"Davis"

What sort of surname did you expect?

Well given they had team mates Escobar, Torres, Rodriguez, Murillo,
Penedo ...

*******o?

Peth-eth-eth-eth-eth ?
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 25/06/2018 15:10, soup wrote:
On 25/06/2018 13:26, Tim Watts wrote:
Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

Skin colour and cultural affiliation are orthogonal factors unless you
are some pureblood weirdo who thinks that in order to be English you
have to trace ancestry back 20 generations on this isle (and the right
bit of this isle obviously).

Only 20 generations! What a white settler!

For the absence of doubt, yes that is a joke.

Only 15 generations ago and my Scottish ancestors went bankrupt and
moved to Liverpool.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jethro_uk wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted
Brexit to 'get our jobs back' make of the English team having
all of four people they likely consider to 'be like them'?

I was more intrigued that there were Panamanian
players "Cooper" and "Davis"

No reason to be given the history of Panama. Same with
Argentina, lot of welsh names there because a lot of
welsh ended up there in the 18th century etc. Scots all over
the old empire mostly enthusiastically ****ing the locals.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 06:06:02 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted
Brexit to 'get our jobs back' make of the English team having
all of four people they likely consider to 'be like them'?

I was more intrigued that there were Panamanian
players "Cooper" and "Davis"

No reason to be given the history of Panama. Same with
Argentina, lot of welsh names there because a lot of
welsh ended up there in the 18th century etc. Scots all over
the old empire mostly enthusiastically ****ing the locals.

Mr Know-it-all knows it all, AGAIN!!! LMAO

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim Watts
writes
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
[...]

For football the UK is divided into its component parts of England Wales
Scotland and NI, a jealousy guarded division.
To keep it simple - Born in England or with one or more grandparents
born in England.
Every country looks at any tenuous association to claim a decent player.
Jack Charlton was a prime example when Ireland's manager. Went round the
English leagues finding players with an Irish connection who stood
little or no chance of getting into the England team so persuaded them
to play for Ireland. There are restrictions. You cannot simply transfer
between countries as you can between clubs.
2a) If so, no problem.

2b) If not, then yes, I see the irony, and secondly I think they should
be. What *is* the point of a regional team that doesn't actually
represent the region? Note ethnic origin is not relevant here, but if
you are going to buy in say a French player for England, then it's all
rather silly calling it "the England team" IMHO

Can't be done.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , S Viemeister
writes
On 6/25/2018 3:15 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:27:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

I was more intrigued that there were Panamanian players "Cooper" and
"Davis"

What sort of surname did you expect?

Lot's of people of Scottish descent in Panama I should imagine. It's
where they invested heavily and rashly went broke and had to beg the
English to bale them out in the Act of Union. We've been baling them out
ever since.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim Watts
writes
Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

Because like most lefties he's a closet racist himself and thinks
everyone is the same.
Skin colour and cultural affiliation are orthogonal factors unless you
are some pureblood weirdo who thinks that in order to be English you
have to trace ancestry back 20 generations on this isle (and the right
bit of this isle obviously).

--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
On 25/06/2018 15:10, soup wrote:
On 25/06/2018 13:26, Tim Watts wrote:
Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

Skin colour and cultural affiliation are orthogonal factors unless you
are some pureblood weirdo who thinks that in order to be English you
have to trace ancestry back 20 generations on this isle (and the right
bit of this isle obviously).

Only 20 generations! What a white settler!

For the absence of doubt, yes that is a joke.

Only 15 generations ago and my Scottish ancestors went bankrupt and moved
to Liverpool.

Your last name isnt scottish tho ?

Maybe they changed their name to escape the bailiffs and the debtors prison.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 07:26:00 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

Only 15 generations ago and my Scottish ancestors went bankrupt and moved
to Liverpool.

Your last name isnt scottish tho ?

Maybe they changed their name to escape the bailiffs and the debtors prison.

You senile idiot just HAVE to open your senile gob, regardless of what
senile **** comes out of it, eh, senile Rot?

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 25/06/2018 21:06, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 16:59:41 +0100, ARW wrote:

On 25/06/2018 16:13, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 15:49:44 +0100, S Viemeister wrote:

On 6/25/2018 3:15 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 10:27:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to
'get our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four
people they likely consider to 'be like them'?

I was more intrigued that there were Panamanian players "Cooper" and
"Davis"

What sort of surname did you expect?

Well given they had team mates Escobar, Torres, Rodriguez, Murillo,
Penedo ...

*******o?

You want soft toilet paper you go to Hotel GayBoy ...

I have the full DVD collection.

1980s comedy was funny.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 13:26:22 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

Because he's a Lefty and that's how his addled mind works. If you're
going around with that mindset, always on the lookout for racism, then
sooner or later you're going to find it, and probably *lots* of it -
everywhere - whether it actually exists or not!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 18:08:57 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

I'm an English patriot.

Dennis the Dunce and Dave Plowperson: the Batman & Robin of political
correctness. What a team! :-D

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 26/06/2018 21:18, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 18:08:57 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

I'm an English patriot.

Dennis the Dunce and Dave Plowperson: the Batman & Robin of political
correctness. What a team! :-D

Does anyone else know how difficult it is to only use PC words and terms
when you get into an argument or a fight with someone of a different
ethnicity?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote
Cursitor Doom wrote
Tim Watts wrote

I'm an English patriot.

Dennis the Dunce and Dave Plowperson: the Batman & Robin of political
correctness. What a team! :-D

Does anyone else know how difficult it is to only use PC words and terms
when you get into an argument or a fight with someone of a different
ethnicity?

I dont even bother. PC has always been completely stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Jun 2018 07:03:27 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

Does anyone else know how difficult it is to only use PC words and terms
when you get into an argument or a fight with someone of a different
ethnicity?

I donąt even bother.

No ****, Rot!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Cursitor Doom
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 13:26:22 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

Because he's a Lefty and that's how his addled mind works. If you're
going around with that mindset, always on the lookout for racism, then
sooner or later you're going to find it, and probably *lots* of it -
everywhere - whether it actually exists or not!

A bit like those social workers in - where was it? - Cleveland in the
80s who, having been told about some daft bugger's "theory" about anal
dilation, went out and - surprise, surprise - found it.

If only your anus were less dilated. To reduce the crap you spout.

--
*I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 25 June 2018 13:26:28 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
Wonder what our St George's flag waving hoards who voted Brexit to 'get
our jobs back' make of the English team having all of four people they
likely consider to 'be like them'?

Dave, why would you assume any English patriot is a racist?

Skin colour and cultural affiliation are orthogonal factors unless you
are some pureblood weirdo who thinks that in order to be English you
have to trace ancestry back 20 generations on this isle (and the right
bit of this isle obviously).

He's totally brain dead,that's why.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 25 June 2018 14:41:58 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
[...]

Football is for idiots. One lot of Africans playing another lot AFAICS
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/06/2018 06:46, harry wrote:

Football is for idiots. One lot of Africans playing another lot AFAICS

Why don't you say what you really mean as you know perfectly well that
they aren't all Africans!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 27 June 2018 09:38:49 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 27/06/2018 06:46, harry wrote:

Football is for idiots. One lot of Africans playing another lot AFAICS

Why don't you say what you really mean as you know perfectly well that
they aren't all Africans!

Why call a football team say Manchester United when nobody is from Manchester & most are from Senegal or similar?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave is depressingly politically obsessive. What a pity it's got **** all to do with do it yourself.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 09:29:48 -0700, Cynic wrote:

Dave is depressingly politically obsessive. What a pity it's got ****
all to do with do it yourself.

"Two prisoners looked out from behind the bars of their prison cell. One
saw mud, the other saw stars." - Plowman's firmly in the mud-seer camp.