Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Tue, 03 Oct 2017 00:36:16 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

99% of people are thick, ignorant, or just plain stupid.

Nope, Birdbrain, you mixed it all up: it's 99% of people who think that YOU
are thick, ignorant, or just plain stupid!

--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."

--
Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a ****ing moronic motorist."

--
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class

--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."

--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."

--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."

--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the **** poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and

--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ

--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how

--
asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why aren't AA batteries square?

On 03/10/2017 10:43, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 2 October 2017 20:43:55 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:

How come it's America -- Americans, but Britain -- Britons, and Canada
-- Canadians?
It should be Britains and Canadans.Â* I always say they live in Canadia
to annoy them.

There aren't any Britons, except in newspapers and the past, woad
painted kind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_people

British people, or Britons, are the citizens of the United Kingdom,

Only journalists use Briton to refer to a citizen of Britain.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/10/2017 10:16, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 2 October 2017 17:07:20 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Some people are scared of technology. I was also told mixing a half used Duracell with a new one would cause an explosion as the emptier one would eventually get reverse charged. Apparently this did happen in a calculator, which I find hard to believe as the current going through it would be tiny.

Well you shouldn't try to charge non rechargable batteries, but I do remember a device you could buy that was said to recharge old alkaline batteries.

A bit dangerous I would have thought. There was a vogue a few years ago
of devices to charge the zinc carbon type. If you charge them at a low
rate it reverses the depolarising function of the manganese dioxide, do
the cell should last until the electrolyte eats through the zinc case
and leaks.

In WW2 they did this for the torch batteries used by watchmen &c.
Apparently if you start this long before they are exhausted you can
extend the lifespan many fold.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 Oct 2017 16:00:30 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:
On Monday, 2 October 2017 15:41:28 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword* wrote:

Not if you also gave their address, which I guess would be "kitchen
clock".

wouldnl't tell me which type of battery they took would it.

All clocks use AA.

Beware sweeping statements.

The clock in my kitchen (an analogue quartz one that is fixed to the
tiles behind my cooker with a sucker) uses an LR44.

Before all domestic clocks were quartz, analogue electric clocks used a
C size. They sold special "clock batteries" for the purpose - I don't
know what was special about them.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 03 Oct 2017 11:45:43 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

On Mon, 02 Oct 2017 16:00:30 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:
On Monday, 2 October 2017 15:41:28 UTC+1, James Wilkinson SwordÂ*
wrote:

Not if you also gave their address, which I guess would be "kitchen
clock".

wouldnl't tell me which type of battery they took would it.

All clocks use AA.

Beware sweeping statements.

The clock in my kitchen (an analogue quartz one that is fixed to the
tiles behind my cooker with a sucker) uses an LR44.

Before all domestic clocks were quartz, analogue electric clocks used a
C size. They sold special "clock batteries" for the purpose - I don't
know what was special about them.

The clock next to me uses an AAA.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 3 October 2017 11:32:14 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 03/10/2017 10:43, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 2 October 2017 20:43:55 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:

How come it's America -- Americans, but Britain -- Britons, and Canada
-- Canadians?
It should be Britains and Canadans.Â* I always say they live in Canadia
to annoy them.

There aren't any Britons, except in newspapers and the past, woad
painted kind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_people

British people, or Britons, are the citizens of the United Kingdom,

Only journalists use Briton to refer to a citizen of Britain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Greatest_Britons

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 3 October 2017 11:37:43 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 03/10/2017 10:16, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 2 October 2017 17:07:20 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Some people are scared of technology. I was also told mixing a half used Duracell with a new one would cause an explosion as the emptier one would eventually get reverse charged. Apparently this did happen in a calculator, which I find hard to believe as the current going through it would be tiny.

Well you shouldn't try to charge non rechargable batteries, but I do remember a device you could buy that was said to recharge old alkaline batteries.

A bit dangerous I would have thought.

My dad brought one I threw it out years ago.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SBC1001-Bat.../dp/B00872D8WU

same sort of thing still availble and no real warnings.

There was a vogue a few years ago
of devices to charge the zinc carbon type. If you charge them at a low
rate it reverses the depolarising function of the manganese dioxide, do
the cell should last until the electrolyte eats through the zinc case
and leaks.

In WW2 they did this for the torch batteries used by watchmen &c.
Apparently if you start this long before they are exhausted you can
extend the lifespan many fold.

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 3 October 2017 00:36:20 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 02 Oct 2017 16:00:30 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 2 October 2017 15:41:28 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 02 Oct 2017 14:55:22 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 2 October 2017 14:32:16 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 02/10/2017 10:56, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 29 September 2017 20:34:08 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:

So what's the difference between a name and an ID? (Terms like U2 and
U11 didn't exist until the mid 60s.)

So what;s the differnce between a term and ID a name and a label.

When the cops ask you for your ID they want more than your name.

And if you didn't give it, they could charge you, you could be accused of assualt and battery is that it ;-)

In the USA that wouldn't surprise me. FFS they have a law against crossing the road without waiting for the green man (or walk signal in their case).

I think it's called j-walking.

Indeed. Americans are so stupid they get into trouble for endangering themselves.

They do worse things IMO.

When a studnet asks me for a barrery I asked them what type. When they say 1.5V then I asked them what size. AA or AAA are those we use.

To that question I then usually get "er.... the really thin one".

I'd say, what for a realyl thick student, I do try to educate my students, I;d like to think that when a studetn leaves with a degree they can at least tell batteries apart. Our thin batteries are mostly LiPos.

https://www.rapidonline.com/trupower...350mah-70-0003

You can get those in AAA can you?

No but you can get them in the size they make them in.
How many square AA batteries would you like to buy ?

If they ask for a 9V they'll get a PP3. I often get asked for 5V battereis and I say we havent; got any.
If they ask for a battery called Tom, Dick or Harry I'd asked them for the order code and supplier.

I'd ask them if they'd forgotten their medication.

yes that would be a good reply.

(in US
cop shows). (British cops just ask you for your name and address
supposedly.)

sometimes they ask DOB too.
At my college there's another with the same name as me, so just a name wouldn't be much to truely ID a person.

Does he live at your address?

No but sometimes we get each others emails. (email addresses)

There should be more names so everyone is unique.

People can make up names if they wish, you made yours up but chose traditional

Same with batteries really.

Not if you also gave their address, which I guess would be "kitchen clock".

wouldnl't tell me which type of battery they took would it.

All clocks use AA.

Yeah sure. How many clocks take square AAs ?

I just installed a remote (wirless) battery bell push unit.
The battery is the bell push is apparently a 12V 23A alkaline battery according to the instruction manual.
See how much confusion can arrise that;s why I try to be clear to all my students, a student asked me for our box cutters she meant end cutters so I showed her the differnce between our end cutters and our side cutters.

Its why I like to find the proper name for things even if I then prefer not to use it.

99% of people are thick, ignorant, or just plain stupid.

Are you trying to use this stat to prove you're normal ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/10/2017 12:55, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 October 2017 11:32:14 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 03/10/2017 10:43, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 2 October 2017 20:43:55 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:

How come it's America -- Americans, but Britain -- Britons, and Canada
-- Canadians?
It should be Britains and Canadans.Â* I always say they live in Canadia
to annoy them.

There aren't any Britons, except in newspapers and the past, woad
painted kind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_people

British people, or Britons, are the citizens of the United Kingdom,

Only journalists use Briton to refer to a citizen of Britain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Greatest_Britons

That's the same sort of thing. Have you ever heard anyone use the word
in everyday conversation?

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/10/2017 12:59, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 October 2017 11:37:43 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 03/10/2017 10:16, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 2 October 2017 17:07:20 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Some people are scared of technology. I was also told mixing a half used Duracell with a new one would cause an explosion as the emptier one would eventually get reverse charged. Apparently this did happen in a calculator, which I find hard to believe as the current going through it would be tiny.

Well you shouldn't try to charge non rechargable batteries, but I do remember a device you could buy that was said to recharge old alkaline batteries.

A bit dangerous I would have thought.

My dad brought one I threw it out years ago.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SBC1001-Bat.../dp/B00872D8WU

same sort of thing still availble and no real warnings.

Well, it's 'smart', do it must be OK. ;-

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 3 October 2017 14:24:52 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 03/10/2017 12:55, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 October 2017 11:32:14 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 03/10/2017 10:43, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 2 October 2017 20:43:55 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:

How come it's America -- Americans, but Britain -- Britons, and Canada
-- Canadians?
It should be Britains and Canadans.Â* I always say they live in Canadia
to annoy them.

There aren't any Britons, except in newspapers and the past, woad
painted kind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_people

British people, or Britons, are the citizens of the United Kingdom,

Only journalists use Briton to refer to a citizen of Britain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_Greatest_Britons

That's the same sort of thing. Have you ever heard anyone use the word
in everyday conversation?

Depends what they are talking about.
A few months ago friends and I were discussing who were the first britons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_Britons
Everyday conversation tends to be about football and sport in genral which I don't get involved in.
It was after seeing a repeat of this,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0675hcv

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/10/2017 15:59, whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

I specifically excluded (or excused) /ancient/ Britons, when I said,
"There aren't any Britons, except in newspapers and the past, woad
painted kind," above.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 2 October 2017 20:08:51 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 2 October 2017 01:03:12 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 10:34:24 +0100, whisky-dave

wrote:

On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 17:51:18 UTC+1, James Wilkinson
Sword
wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 16:35:00 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 16:15:22 UTC+1, James Wilkinson
Sword wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 16:08:23 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 15:08:08 UTC+1, James
Wilkinson
Sword wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:58:40 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 22 September 2017 12:10:36 UTC+1, James
Wilkinson
Sword wrote:
Is it cheaper to make batteries cylindrical or something?
If
they were square in crosssection, they wouldn't roll off
the
desk.

I think the real reason was because AA was meant to replace
SP7/HP7s so if they'd made the AA square they wouldn't be
able
to be used in the products that took SP7/HP7s

Never heard of those, and Google just produces AAs which are
also listed as being an SP7/HP7. Have you got a link to one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AA_battery

Historically, it is known as SP7 (Standard Power 7) or HP7
(High
Power 7) in official documentation the United Kingdom, though
it
is colloquially known as a "double A battery".

So AA didn't replace SP7, it's just another name, of which there
are about 20.

Which is why AA had to be the same shape and size and it didn't
replace SP7 it mostly replaced HP7 .

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=95550

But it didn't replace HP7. It was just a name change.

Yes I know which is why it was a good idea to keep it the same shape
and dimentions Making AA square would have meant them not being
usable
in any equipment which previously used HP7s, and that;'s why i think
they decided to make them cylindical, I doubt they considered the
problems you had such as batteries rolling odd the table as very
significant to teh majority.

Think back to when the shape was first designed. Did they not think
about stuff falling off tables?

Probbaly not, otherwise such things as tennis balls, footballs...
and what about car wheels they'd just roll away when you tried to fit
them
totally stupid idea they should have done what the Egyptians did and
make
them pyrimids so they didn't roll away when being fitted.

Those fiendish japs had enough of a clue to have no wheels at all, not
even
on wheel barrows.

They weren't into football or tennis either.

but tehy are into baseball

That was another recent import, stupid.

Thier sumo boxing rings are round or circular unlike western boxign rings
which are square.

Even you should have noticed that they dont
actually roll around on the floor for some reason.

So how come we dontl have round boxing rings ?.
Why don't boxers train in round rings ?

Even you should have noticed that it gets a bit tricky
doing the ropes that boxing rings have with round ones.

Sumo has no ropes, stupid.

They got their jollys chopping of the heads of the peasants
with ****ing great swords if they didnt get out of the road
quick enough. And those dont roll of the table either.

Even their chopsticks are square where it
matters so they dont roll off the table either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sword wrote:
[...]

So what.

Thier sumo boxing rings are round or circular unlike western boxign rings
which are square.

Even you should have noticed that they dont
actually roll around on the floor for some reason.

Niether to boxers stupid.

So how come we dontl have round boxing rings ?.
Why don't boxers train in round rings ?

Even you should have noticed that it gets a bit tricky
doing the ropes that boxing rings have with round ones.

Why do they need them apat from mixed matial arts few fighting areans used any ropes. judo, karate, kung fu, taekwondo...

Sumo has no ropes, stupid.

what has that go to do with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 Oct 2017 16:47:50 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 2 October 2017 15:42:32 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 02 Oct 2017 11:12:26 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

Those things are required to roll to perform their function. Batteries aren't.

Those AA had to be cyclindrical to fit in the applieances they were made for
it's that simple.

You can make an appliance any shape.

So, why make cars squarish why not round or pyramid shape ?
I guess yuo failed those inteligence tests as a child when given blocks of differnt shapes to put in similar shaped holes.
Did you sit there crying because you couldn't get the square peg in the round hole, or crying because the round hole was your arse.

Cars need to be aerodynamic, not so with simple devices running on batteries.

Cars don't need to be aerodynamic it;s an advantage for some if they are.
In fact most cars such as the 4X4 arenl;t designed for high performance racing and the main design emphesis isn't on aerodynamic styling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 02:05:06 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 03 Oct 2017 13:11:51 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

Like?

let almost anyone have almost any sort of gun they want and as many as they want.

When a studnet asks me for a barrery I asked them what type. When they say 1.5V then I asked them what size. AA or AAA are those we use.

To that question I then usually get "er.... the really thin one".

I'd say, what for a realyl thick student, I do try to educate my students, I;d like to think that when a studetn leaves with a degree they can at least tell batteries apart. Our thin batteries are mostly LiPos.

https://www.rapidonline.com/trupower...350mah-70-0003

You can get those in AAA can you?

No but you can get them in the size they make them in.
How many square AA batteries would you like to buy ?

47.

So you think a battery company is going to make you a batch of 47 square AA batteries, they won't ask for 47,000 or more and you might get them.

If they ask for a 9V they'll get a PP3. I often get asked for 5V battereis and I say we havent; got any.
If they ask for a battery called Tom, Dick or Harry I'd asked them for the order code and supplier.

I'd ask them if they'd forgotten their medication.

yes that would be a good reply.

(in US
cop shows). (British cops just ask you for your name and address
supposedly.)

sometimes they ask DOB too.
At my college there's another with the same name as me, so just a name wouldn't be much to truely ID a person.

Does he live at your address?

No but sometimes we get each others emails. (email addresses)

There should be more names so everyone is unique.

People can make up names if they wish, you made yours up but chose traditional

What?

Whats so original in the name you've chosen James Wilkinson Sword
Never heard of a james or a wilkinson or sword.
I've a pair of scissors here with wilkinson sword written on the bald
did yuo thiunk that wilkinson sword was an original name or ID.
You should have chosen james AA square battery.

Same with batteries really.

Not if you also gave their address, which I guess would be "kitchen clock".

wouldnl't tell me which type of battery they took would it.

All clocks use AA.

Yeah sure. How many clocks take square AAs ?

Irrelevant.

If you;'re making AA batteries because they go in clocks your better off making those batteries cyclindrical NOT square.

I just installed a remote (wirless) battery bell push unit.
The battery is the bell push is apparently a 12V 23A alkaline battery according to the instruction manual.
See how much confusion can arrise that;s why I try to be clear to all my students, a student asked me for our box cutters she meant end cutters so I showed her the differnce between our end cutters and our side cutters.

Its why I like to find the proper name for things even if I then prefer not to use it.

99% of people are thick, ignorant, or just plain stupid.

Are you trying to use this stat to prove you're normal ?

Normal means the same as most people. Same as most people = thick. So clever folk like me are unusual, not normal.

Your certainly not normal, that's for sure.
If yuo;r so inteligent why not get a batch of square AA batteries produced yuo'll make a fortune no one else is selling square AA batteries.
So fgo for it the only one in the worl woth squar AA battereis you'll make a killing won't you with you;re unigue selling points of, "Not made for Normal people", "these batteries won't roll of your desk or table".

--
Confucius say: "If you park, don't drink, accidents cause people."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 02:08:44 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 03 Oct 2017 10:39:46 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 2 October 2017 20:54:46 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 02/10/2017 14:55, whisky-dave wrote:

When a studnet asks me for a barrery I asked them what type. When they say 1.5V then I asked them what size. AA or AAA are those we use.
If they ask for a 9V they'll get a PP3.

They might want a PP9 for a portable radio.

Well they aren't getting one from me. I don't supply batteries for personal use in the home, we supply batteries for labs we run and when a student needs them for a particular project.

What a **** you are. I always helped colleagues out,

Helping collegues is differnt from students, but if either wants a PP9 which is about £4 not 20p then I'll still have to order it. Even if I wanted one for myself I'll still have to order it.

even if it was for home use. It's only a 20p battery ffs.

Then show me where I can get this battery for 20p

--
I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart.

Pity it wasn't a brain you could do with one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 01:56:51 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

You remind me

The problem here is the "me", which clearly is an idiot!

--
More Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the village idiot's,
drivel:
"99% of people are thick, ignorant, or just plain stupid."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 02:02:19 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

A bit dangerous I would have thought.

Not dangerous whatsoever.

Stupidity as exposed by you here on a daily basis is ALWAYS dangerous,
Birdbrain!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) life as a ******:
"When I was 14, there were places in forests where people would leave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 02:02:04 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH idiot's drivel

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "wisdom":
"Look at a donkey with a 2 foot penis. Does it require underwear? No."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 02:10:40 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

No idea

THAT would make a good nym for you, Birdbrain!

--
More from ****** Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange
sociopathic world:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 02:06:56 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH sociopathic DRIVEL unread

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
"The most comfortable underwear is no underwear. And that's quite normal
for both sexes."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 02:05:00 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

99% of people are thick, ignorant, or just plain stupid.

Are you trying to use this stat to prove you're normal ?

Normal means the same as most people. Same as most people = thick. So
clever folk like me are unusual, not normal.

It's true congenital idiots like you that are exceptionally unusal,
Birdbrain!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "wisdom":
"Anyone with ginger hair is inferior, they cannot handle the natural
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 02:08:38 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH more of the sociopath's sociopathic drivel

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) endless sociopathic
bull****:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 02:10:42 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 02 Oct 2017 11:03:31 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 29 September 2017 22:55:45 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:23:24 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

Didn't those also have cardboard as their case, and the leak was a lovely brown colour.

Yes, and you speak of them as though they don't still make them. They are still sold (as "ultra high power").

Still encased in paper or cardboard as their main form of protection.?

No idea, haven't tried dismantling one recently.

I haven't had to buy any recently no ones asked for them, so I don't buy themn, how is your stock of square AAs doing ?

Zinc Chloride (better), and Alkaline (the ones that actually lasted more than 1 day. I never saw the point in anything but Alkaline, it superseded the two Zinc ones.

I saw the point of NiCds, and of lead acid.

I was talking about single use batteries.

Theere were others silver oxide and zinc air have high capacities and still used.

Only for little coin shaped batteries for hearing aids etc.

and for many other things otherwise they wouldn't be sold.

--
Two fish are in a tank. One says to the other, "I'll man the guns, you drive".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 14:26:41 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 11:17:15 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 02:10:42 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 02 Oct 2017 11:03:31 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 29 September 2017 22:55:45 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:23:24 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

Didn't those also have cardboard as their case, and the leak was a lovely brown colour.

Yes, and you speak of them as though they don't still make them. They are still sold (as "ultra high power").

Still encased in paper or cardboard as their main form of protection.?

No idea, haven't tried dismantling one recently.

I haven't had to buy any recently no ones asked for them, so I don't buy themn, how is your stock of square AAs doing ?

What?

Why do you think people want square AA batteries ?
You've asked why AA batteries aren't square, haven;t you managed to work it out yet, I've given you plenty of clues.

If yuo believe peole still want square AA batteries then why not go to some company and get some made and sell them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 14:27:26 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 11:05:29 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

That's where we differ. £4 is nothing to a university.

But teh studetns have to learn about money and value too.
£4 for a battery is too much this year we have 320 new students.

PP9s beloeng in the 1960s no real use for them now.

even if it was for home use. It's only a 20p battery ffs.

Then show me where I can get this battery for 20p

I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart.

Pity it wasn't a brain you could do with one.

I have an IQ of 135.

Yeah sure.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 14:41:06 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 10:43:44 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

That's logical. Give everyone a gun so they can kill everybody, but not let them cross the road without a light telling them it's safe. So they're only allowed to endanger OTHER people?

No they are allowed guns to protect themsleves from bad people with guns it's self defence apparently just like the recent attack. Where were all these heros with guns ?. I'll bet they were crying in a corner ****ting themselves.

When a studnet asks me for a barrery I asked them what type. When they say 1.5V then I asked them what size. AA or AAA are those we use.

To that question I then usually get "er.... the really thin one".

I'd say, what for a realyl thick student, I do try to educate my students, I;d like to think that when a studetn leaves with a degree they can at least tell batteries apart. Our thin batteries are mostly LiPos.

https://www.rapidonline.com/trupower...350mah-70-0003

You can get those in AAA can you?

No but you can get them in the size they make them in.
How many square AA batteries would you like to buy ?

47.

So you think a battery company is going to make you a batch of 47 square AA batteries, they won't ask for 47,000 or more and you might get them.

I'm sure someone else wants them too.

Yes but they are still in the institution and won't be let out anytime soon.

[...]

James was the first forename I thought of. Wilkinson was the first surname I thought of. The Sword followed on due to the blade company.

So not exactly unigue, you do know my surname is wilkinson don't you ?
It's a bit of a slur on my family name you chosing it for yours.

wouldnl't tell me which type of battery they took would it.

All clocks use AA.

Yeah sure. How many clocks take square AAs ?

Irrelevant.

If you;'re making AA batteries because they go in clocks your better off making those batteries cyclindrical NOT square.

No need for the battery holder in a clock to be round.

It had to be round otherwise the battery wouldn't have fitted properly.

Its why I like to find the proper name for things even if I then prefer not to use it.

99% of people are thick, ignorant, or just plain stupid.

Are you trying to use this stat to prove you're normal ?

Normal means the same as most people. Same as most people = thick. So clever folk like me are unusual, not normal.

Your certainly not normal, that's for sure.
If yuo;r so inteligent why not get a batch of square AA batteries produced yuo'll make a fortune no one else is selling square AA batteries.
So fgo for it the only one in the worl woth squar AA battereis you'll make a killing won't you with you;re unigue selling points of, "Not made for Normal people", "these batteries won't roll of your desk or table".

Too late, all the devices have been made with the holders the wrong shape.

So best to make batteries that fit the billions of holders waiting for a battery to be inserted, which as I said is why they donl;t make square AAs have you got it yet ?

See if a company makes a square AA they are unlikey to sell any becausxe there's nothing around needing a square AA apart from you.
So what is this product you have that takes a square AA, maybe cyclindrical batteries get lost in yuor arse, and you think sqaure batteries might stay in place longer is that it, perhaps the copper coloured top is actually brown in your world

--
Should crematoriums give discounts for burn victims?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 15:05:54 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 14:52:24 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

That happens in primary school.

Then why do they want a PP9 would be my question.
The most likely anwser is usually "that's what I found on google".

If they still want them all tehy have to do is write it on their order form and I'll order it. But as I've never been asked for one then I tend not to stock it.
I haven't the space to buy every product in existance just in case a student asks for it.

£4 for a battery is too much this year we have 320 new students.

I wouldn't hand out hundreds, but the odd student asking for one does no harm, especially if they're cute.

They can have one but they have to request one on their order form just like anything else for their project those are the rules the department sets, it's been like it for years and works quite well.
I'll treat it in exactly the same was as did when I was asked to order a basket ball and hoop.

PP9s beloeng in the 1960s no real use for them now.

even if it was for home use. It's only a 20p battery ffs.

Then show me where I can get this battery for 20p

I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart.

Pity it wasn't a brain you could do with one.

I have an IQ of 135.

Yeah sure.

Yip, tested on several websites.

care to post one....

It wasntone of those facebook ones that just collects data was it, they tend to give high scores for everything to encourge friends and family to do themn too getting more data for them.

In reality unless done by mensa the majority of such tests are mostly meaningless.

I did one at 3am after coming back from a club I wasn;t ****ed but quite merry I got 140 , I tried again a week later without the influence of alcohol and got 135.
A friend of mine who got 130 on the same test, was tested by mensa and was 2 or 3 points below the ,mensa threashold for becoming a member.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 15:06:56 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 14:49:19 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

So they don't roll away. Easier to stack too for storage.

But what wil they use them in I"ve never seena product that takes a 1.5V square battery.

You've asked why AA batteries aren't square, haven;t you managed to work it out yet, I've given you plenty of clues.

Only reason is pressure, but batteries aren't under pressure. Or cheaper to make.

If yuo believe peole still want square AA batteries then why not go to some company and get some made and sell them.

Can't be done as the products that use AA already take round ones.

exactly so why would peole want to buy square ones so they canb keep them on the table looking at them because they won't fit in anything they have ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 15:10:59 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 15:04:58 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

Americans never understand that the guns that protect them are the very same guns that mean they need protection in the first place. Then they come out with bull**** about the UK being full of knives. I'd rather someone came at me with a knife than a gun. Way more chance of defending myself. Plus knives actually have a use - cutting food etc. No need for any gun to exist anywhere.

Well some might need them if attacked by bears or other wild animals out in the country, then there's sport so there are a few reasopns for wanting a gun even in the UK.

Where were all these heros with guns ?. I'll bet they were crying in a corner ****ting themselves.

ROFL!

[...]

You just think I'm mental because you're mental yourself.

Where did I say you are mental, I might have saod strange or weird, but anyone running around naked in the cold asking for square AA batteries I'd find a bit odd at the very least.

[...]

You're called Whisky Dave in here. How am I supposed to know what your surname is?

I assume dyou;d seem my post reqrding the other dave wilkinson that works here, you did reply to that post about the differnce between names and IDs.

It's a bit of a slur on my family name you chosing it for yours.

Cheeky ****.

:-D

wouldnl't tell me which type of battery they took would it.

All clocks use AA.

Yeah sure. How many clocks take square AAs ?

Irrelevant.

If you;'re making AA batteries because they go in clocks your better off making those batteries cyclindrical NOT square.

No need for the battery holder in a clock to be round.

It had to be round otherwise the battery wouldn't have fitted properly.

If AA had been made square in the first place, the problem wouldn't have arisen.

But no one would have brought then as they were used in the same devices as SP7s HP7s so where made in the same shape for that to happen.

[...]

That doesn't explain the original choice of shape.

I assume it was effcincy or materials and construction but why does that matter the reason they dontl make square ones is that no one would buy them until someone releases a producy that takes them, but I doubt that'll until someone starts making square AAs.

See if a company makes a square AA they are unlikey to sell any becausxe there's nothing around needing a square AA apart from you.
So what is this product you have that takes a square AA, maybe cyclindrical batteries get lost in yuor arse, and you think sqaure batteries might stay in place longer is that it, perhaps the copper coloured top is actually brown in your world

Already told you , it's because they roll off the desk, and cannot be stacked.

But few seem to care about batteries rolling off of tables, maybe it's not very traumatic for most people and they learn to deal with it.
Perhaps making batteries square had issues of corners catching on things.
Could be that they were worried that peole would have more options to insert them the wrong way around.

I wonder why they don't make PP3s 'round'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 14:26:38 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH idiot's drivel

Hey, Birdbrain, how about some quoteworthy stuff today again? Bring it on,
idiot! You can do it! LOL

--
More from ****** Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange
sociopathic world:
"I pass out at the thought of an injection for any reason. Presumably the
idea of a long sharp foreign object being deliberately inserted into my body
without me attempting to stop it is too much for my brain to handle."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 15:10:55 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH the two morons' endless idiotic BLATHER unread

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) endless sociopathic
bull****:
"Why would anyone want a long haired cat? That's as ridiculous as having a
beard."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 14:27:23 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I have an IQ of 135.

Yeah, we know already, you admitted yourself that you made SEVERAL "online"
IQ-tests! How OFTEN did you make them, poor idiot? ROTFLOL

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "wisdom":
"Look at a donkey with a 2 foot penis. Does it require underwear? No."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 15:05:51 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Yeah sure.

Yip, tested on several websites.

EXACTLY! You can repeat them so often until you get the result you want, you
blithering IDIOT! LOL

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:
"The most comfortable underwear is no underwear. And that's quite normal
for both sexes."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 16:04:49 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

exactly so why would peole want to buy square ones so they canb keep
them on the table looking at them because they won't fit in anything
they have ?

Obviously they should have been designed square in the first place.

Obviously you were discharged from the loony bin much too early, Birdbrain!

--
More from ****** Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange
sociopathic world:
"I pass out at the thought of an injection for any reason. Presumably the
idea of a long sharp foreign object being deliberately inserted into my body
without me attempting to stop it is too much for my brain to handle."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If AA had been made square in the first place, the problem wouldn't
have arisen.

But no one would have brought then as they were used in the same
devices as SP7s HP7s so where made in the same shape for that to happen.

Ok, if HP7s had been made square in the first place, the problem
wouldn't have arisen.

The HP7 is a successor to the old Penlight battery. Penlight torches
would be uncomfortable to hold if square section.

I wonder why they don't make PP3s 'round'

Because they were originally designed to work pocket transistor radios
and can fit neatly inside without wasting space. Also the casing isn't
structural and so there are no strength or material economy considerations.

--
Max Demian