Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why aren't AA batteries square?

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 15:05:54 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 14:52:24 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 14:27:26 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 11:05:29 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 02:08:44 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 03 Oct 2017 10:39:46 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 2 October 2017 20:54:46 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 02/10/2017 14:55, whisky-dave wrote:

When a studnet asks me for a barrery I asked them what type. When they say 1.5V then I asked them what size. AA or AAA are those we use.
If they ask for a 9V they'll get a PP3.

They might want a PP9 for a portable radio.

Well they aren't getting one from me. I don't supply batteries for personal use in the home, we supply batteries for labs we run and when a student needs them for a particular project.

What a **** you are. I always helped colleagues out,

Helping collegues is differnt from students, but if either wants a PP9 which is about £4 not 20p then I'll still have to order it. Even if I wanted one for myself I'll still have to order it.

That's where we differ. £4 is nothing to a university.

But teh studetns have to learn about money and value too.

That happens in primary school.

Then why do they want a PP9 would be my question.
The most likely anwser is usually "that's what I found on google".

If they still want them all tehy have to do is write it on their order form and I'll order it. But as I've never been asked for one then I tend not to stock it.
I haven't the space to buy every product in existance just in case a student asks for it.

£4 for a battery is too much this year we have 320 new students.

I wouldn't hand out hundreds, but the odd student asking for one does no harm, especially if they're cute.

They can have one but they have to request one on their order form just like anything else for their project those are the rules the department sets, it's been like it for years and works quite well.
I'll treat it in exactly the same was as did when I was asked to order a basket ball and hoop.

PP9s beloeng in the 1960s no real use for them now.

even if it was for home use. It's only a 20p battery ffs.

Then show me where I can get this battery for 20p

I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart.

Pity it wasn't a brain you could do with one.

I have an IQ of 135.

Yeah sure.

Yip, tested on several websites.

care to post one....

It wasntone of those facebook ones that just collects data was it, they tend to give high scores for everything to encourge friends and family to do themn too getting more data for them.

In reality unless done by mensa the majority of such tests are mostly meaningless.

I did one at 3am after coming back from a club I wasn;t ****ed but quite merry I got 140 , I tried again a week later without the influence of alcohol and got 135.
A friend of mine who got 130 on the same test, was tested by mensa and was 2 or 3 points below the ,mensa threashold for becoming a member.