Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why aren't AA batteries square?

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 14:27:26 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 11:05:29 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 02:08:44 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 03 Oct 2017 10:39:46 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 2 October 2017 20:54:46 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 02/10/2017 14:55, whisky-dave wrote:

When a studnet asks me for a barrery I asked them what type. When they say 1.5V then I asked them what size. AA or AAA are those we use.
If they ask for a 9V they'll get a PP3.

They might want a PP9 for a portable radio.

Well they aren't getting one from me. I don't supply batteries for personal use in the home, we supply batteries for labs we run and when a student needs them for a particular project.

What a **** you are. I always helped colleagues out,

Helping collegues is differnt from students, but if either wants a PP9 which is about £4 not 20p then I'll still have to order it. Even if I wanted one for myself I'll still have to order it.

That's where we differ. £4 is nothing to a university.

But teh studetns have to learn about money and value too.
£4 for a battery is too much this year we have 320 new students.

PP9s beloeng in the 1960s no real use for them now.

even if it was for home use. It's only a 20p battery ffs.

Then show me where I can get this battery for 20p

I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart.

Pity it wasn't a brain you could do with one.

I have an IQ of 135.

Yeah sure.