Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 22:56:37 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

The HP7 is a successor to the old Penlight battery. Penlight torches
would be uncomfortable to hold if square section.

The outside of the device doesn't have to be the same shape as the
inside. And actually a square crosssection torch would have a better
grip.

Why don't you take out a patent for your brilliant idea and then make a lot
of money with it, Birdbrain? BG

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "wisdom":
"Look at a donkey with a 2 foot penis. Does it require underwear? No."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 05 Oct 2017 02:02:16 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH the two idiots' endless sick drivel

--
More details from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"life":
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why aren't AA batteries square?

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 16:04:52 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 15:58:40 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

Obviously they should have been designed square in the first place.

Why ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 16:07:53 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 15:55:56 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

Then why do they want a PP9 would be my question.
The most likely anwser is usually "that's what I found on google".

Are you saying they ask for PP9 instead of PP3? Maybe they think the 9 is the voltage. Maybe they should have been named more sensibly.

Yes to all those. I believe someone with a degree in Electronic engineering should have a clue about such things or at the very least should know how to find such information and understand what they see in a google search.

I'll treat it in exactly the same was as did when I was asked to order a basket ball and hoop.

For what purpose what that required?

He attached sensors around the board so he could detect what part of the board the ball hit, at what force and the timing so he could get data on such things.
You know how sports people love knowing such things, you can even find out how far a footballer has run and at what average speed and all sorts of game stats are shown. I emailed the stiudents supervisor to check, who said yes go ahead and order what he's asked for, and that was it, it gets ordered.
The ball and basket came to under £15 but 12 forces sensors at £4 came over the limit, the instrumentational op-amps at about £5 each....

If it was personal use, you can get round that buy renaming it. For example call a kettle a "water heater".

Still the same outcome.

Yip, tested on several websites.

care to post one....

I can't remember which ones it was now. Whatever free ones come up first in google.

But they aren't very realible if you really want an IQ 'score'
OK for a bit of fun, more like hitting a punchball at a circus for testing your strenght.

In reality unless done by mensa the majority of such tests are mostly meaningless.

********.

No it's true check with mensa.

Mensa does not currently endorse any online IQ tests because they cannot be verified. The Mensa online workout will give a good indication of how well you might do in an IQ test but will not generate an IQ score.

If you like, I'll do a Mensa one, send me the link.

https://www.mensa.org.uk/iq-tests
https://www.mensa.org.uk/why-people-join-mensa

I did one at 3am after coming back from a club I wasn;t ****ed but quite merry I got 140 , I tried again a week later without the influence of alcohol and got 135.

This proves what I've always said, that (a small amount of, as in not drunk) alcohol improves thought.

Yes small amounts depending on the person.

A friend of mine who got 130 on the same test, was tested by mensa and was 2 or 3 points below the ,mensa threashold for becoming a member.

Which is?

It various from year to year as the top as precentage above the norm. is what counts.