Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why aren't AA batteries square?

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 02:08:44 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Tue, 03 Oct 2017 10:39:46 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 2 October 2017 20:54:46 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 02/10/2017 14:55, whisky-dave wrote:

When a studnet asks me for a barrery I asked them what type. When they say 1.5V then I asked them what size. AA or AAA are those we use.
If they ask for a 9V they'll get a PP3.

They might want a PP9 for a portable radio.

Well they aren't getting one from me. I don't supply batteries for personal use in the home, we supply batteries for labs we run and when a student needs them for a particular project.

What a **** you are. I always helped colleagues out,

Helping collegues is differnt from students, but if either wants a PP9 which is about £4 not 20p then I'll still have to order it. Even if I wanted one for myself I'll still have to order it.

even if it was for home use. It's only a 20p battery ffs.

Then show me where I can get this battery for 20p

--
I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart.

Pity it wasn't a brain you could do with one.