Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Star in a Jar' Fusion Reactor Works and Promises Infinite Energy

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

Well somebody must think it's going to work to put money into it.

What has actually happened is that some have
conned the govt into providing cushy jobs.

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 08:49:18 -0000, Brian Gaff
wrote:

Yes been here before back in when was it, 1956 oor so, the Russian
Exhibition in London showed us magnetic confinement systems that appeared
generate fusion. the snag was that it was for such a tiny fraction of a
second that it was hardly of much use and the energy input was huge
compared
with output, and of course actually getting at the output energy caused
lots
of issues as materials had not been made that could be used near such a
hot
thing.
However as has been the case for many years since, it was said that
Fusion
power from seawater was less than 10 years away.
Ahem...
OK it might a lot better now than then but the same fundamental issues
of
scale and heat and keeping it going seem to still be the problem.
Brian

--
Men, here's a tip for dealing with the little lady.
If you upset your wife or girlfriend then she will nag you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 19:38:37 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 14:51:21 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:

I find it absurd people get upset about being given something free.

Here, have this punch up the bracket - it's completely free.

BIFF

Oh dear I'm sorry - did that upset you?

How is a punch upgrading what I already have? They're not forcing us to go to
an earlier windows.

I think the previous poster concluded that win7 - win10 constitutes a
downgrade.

Then he's an idiot.

I wouldn't know, myself, as I don't use it.

You should, it's free, and it's a later version.

--
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well somebody must think it's going to work to put money into it.

If it could be made to work it would solve our energy problems at a
stroke. But even confining the plasma has proved difficult. And getting
more energy out than goes in to run it even harder.

Yet they claim to have passed a major hurdle.

--
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:38:20 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Windows 7 is more reliable than XP though I admit it does gobble up lots
more RAM.

We're on 10 now.....

I feel even more sorry for you.

Each windows has always been better than the previous version.

--
You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you spill milk and the first thing you think is, 'Edit, Undo.'
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:39:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 00:07:56 -0000, Fredxxx wrote:

Is this a royal statement? I'm not on 10.

That's because you're a ****ing useless luddite. Why would you not take
a FREE upgrade to a better OS?

Who told you it was better? Microsft?

Bless!

No, I find it easier to use.

--
You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you spill milk and the first thing you think is, 'Edit, Undo.'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I find it absurd people get upset about being given something free.

Tell that to your boyfriend when its the crabs..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You should, it's free, and it's a later version.

They said that about the AIDS virus, too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well somebody must think it's going to work to put money into it.

If it could be made to work it would solve our energy problems at a
stroke. But even confining the plasma has proved difficult. And getting
more energy out than goes in to run it even harder.

Yet they claim to have passed a major hurdle.

The world is full of claims.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:39:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 00:07:56 -0000, Fredxxx wrote:

Is this a royal statement? I'm not on 10.

That's because you're a ****ing useless luddite. Why would you not take
a FREE upgrade to a better OS?

Who told you it was better? Microsft?

Bless!

No, I find it easier to use.

Well thats true. it is designed for simpletons.

No one with intelligence uses it.

The advertisements for it make that abundantly clear

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:38:20 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
Windows 7 is more reliable than XP though I admit it does gobble
up lots more RAM.

We're on 10 now.....

I feel even more sorry for you.

Each windows has always been better than the previous version.

I just popped in to see you making the usual **** of yourself.
Soooo, Vista was better than XP was it?
Gotta go, I have something called a life. You will never have that. You
don't deserve it.
Silly little psychopath.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:50:18 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:38:20 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
Windows 7 is more reliable than XP though I admit it does gobble
up lots more RAM.

We're on 10 now.....

I feel even more sorry for you.

Each windows has always been better than the previous version.

I just popped in to see you making the usual **** of yourself.
Soooo, Vista was better than XP was it?

MUCH better. Vista was a major change. Way less crashes, and it could so much more.

Gotta go, I have something called a life. You will never have that. You
don't deserve it.

It's better than yours.

Silly little psychopath.

Yes Rod.

--
Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:43:04 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I find it absurd people get upset about being given something free.

Tell that to your boyfriend when its the crabs..

An UPGRADE to IMPROVE your OS is not the same as crabs.

--
"I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top." -- English Professor, Ohio University
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well somebody must think it's going to work to put money into it.

If it could be made to work it would solve our energy problems at a
stroke. But even confining the plasma has proved difficult. And getting
more energy out than goes in to run it even harder.

Yet they claim to have passed a major hurdle.

The world is full of claims.

This one has had money injected into it by people who believe in it. Stop being such a silly luddite. Are you the guy that wrote: "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, 1949?

--
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me. I'm always getting in the way of something...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:48:57 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:39:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 00:07:56 -0000, Fredxxx wrote:

Is this a royal statement? I'm not on 10.

That's because you're a ****ing useless luddite. Why would you not take
a FREE upgrade to a better OS?

Who told you it was better? Microsft?

Bless!

No, I find it easier to use.

Well thats true. it is designed for simpletons.

No one with intelligence uses it.

The advertisements for it make that abundantly clear

No, you're referring to MacOS.

--
Do infants have as much fun in their infancy as adults do in adultery?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:48:57 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:39:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 00:07:56 -0000, Fredxxx wrote:

Is this a royal statement? I'm not on 10.

That's because you're a ****ing useless luddite. Why would you not take
a FREE upgrade to a better OS?

Who told you it was better? Microsft?

Bless!

No, I find it easier to use.

Well thats true. it is designed for simpletons.

No one with intelligence uses it.

No, what you really mean is it's different and you're too thick to understand how to use it.

--
Do infants have as much fun in their infancy as adults do in adultery?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I find it absurd people get upset about being given something free.

Here, have this punch up the bracket - it's completely free.

BIFF

Oh dear I'm sorry - did that upset you?

How is a punch upgrading what I already have? They're not forcing us to go
an earlier windows.

I think the previous poster concluded that win7 - win10 constitutes a
downgrade.

Then he's an idiot.

I wouldn't know, myself, as I don't use it.

You should, it's free, and it's a later version.

No it isn't. The later versions I could be using are El Capitan and
Sierra.

Macs are Mickey Mouse computers. Let me know when you grow up.

--
How come abbreviated is such a long word?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well somebody must think it's going to work to put money into it.

If it could be made to work it would solve our energy problems at a
stroke. But even confining the plasma has proved difficult. And getting
more energy out than goes in to run it even harder.

Yet they claim to have passed a major hurdle.

You mean the twerp writing the article in the web-site-for-yoyos
claimed that.

No, the people investing lots of money.

--
In 1961, 87-year-old Harry Meadows, a resident at the Haslemere home for the elderly in Great Yarmouth, England, achieved late-in-life notoriety when he accidentally killed another 3 residents of his care home by dressing up as the grim reaper and peering through the residents' lounge window whilst holding a scythe.

The year before Harry's performance, another resident of the same home, the then 81-year-old Gladys Elton, for reasons best known to herself, had conceived the idea of performing a striptease for her fellow residents of the home; unfortunately such was the effect of Elton's performance that it caused the death of one resident by way of a cardiac arrest and the treatment for shock of five other residents.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:38:20 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

Windows 7 is more reliable than XP though I admit it does gobble up lots
more RAM.

We're on 10 now.....

I feel even more sorry for you.

Each windows has always been better than the previous version.

Not hard when you start from a low base.

So you admit it's better than previous windowses. And yet you still moan about getting it for free?!?

--
In 1961, 87-year-old Harry Meadows, a resident at the Haslemere home for the elderly in Great Yarmouth, England, achieved late-in-life notoriety when he accidentally killed another 3 residents of his care home by dressing up as the grim reaper and peering through the residents' lounge window whilst holding a scythe.

The year before Harry's performance, another resident of the same home, the then 81-year-old Gladys Elton, for reasons best known to herself, had conceived the idea of performing a striptease for her fellow residents of the home; unfortunately such was the effect of Elton's performance that it caused the death of one resident by way of a cardiac arrest and the treatment for shock of five other residents.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:43:04 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

I find it absurd people get upset about being given something free.

Tell that to your boyfriend when its the crabs..

An UPGRADE to IMPROVE your OS is not the same as crabs.

If its Mcrosoft, it is.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:48:57 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:39:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 00:07:56 -0000, Fredxxx wrote:

Is this a royal statement? I'm not on 10.

That's because you're a ****ing useless luddite. Why would you not
take
a FREE upgrade to a better OS?

Who told you it was better? Microsft?

Bless!

No, I find it easier to use.

Well thats true. it is designed for simpletons.

No one with intelligence uses it.

The advertisements for it make that abundantly clear

No, you're referring to MacOS.

No, that's for stupid rich people.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well somebody must think it's going to work to put money into it.

If it could be made to work it would solve our energy problems at a
stroke. But even confining the plasma has proved difficult. And getting
more energy out than goes in to run it even harder.

Yet they claim to have passed a major hurdle.

The world is full of claims.

This one has had money injected into it by people who believe in it.
Stop being such a silly luddite. Are you the guy that wrote: "Computers
in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, 1949?

That prediction has become true.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well somebody must think it's going to work to put money into it.

If it could be made to work it would solve our energy problems at a
stroke. But even confining the plasma has proved difficult. And
getting
more energy out than goes in to run it even harder.

Yet they claim to have passed a major hurdle.

The world is full of claims.

This one has had money injected into it by people who believe in it.
Stop being such a silly luddite. Are you the guy that wrote: "Computers
in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics,
1949?

That prediction has become true.

Ha, you beat me to it :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 04:21:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:43:04 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

I find it absurd people get upset about being given something free.

Tell that to your boyfriend when its the crabs..

An UPGRADE to IMPROVE your OS is not the same as crabs.

If its Mcrosoft, it is.

Funny how it's the most popular.

--
The way to a man's heart is through the left ventricle.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 04:22:08 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:48:57 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:39:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 00:07:56 -0000, Fredxxx wrote:

Is this a royal statement? I'm not on 10.

That's because you're a ****ing useless luddite. Why would you not
take
a FREE upgrade to a better OS?

Who told you it was better? Microsft?

Bless!

No, I find it easier to use.

Well thats true. it is designed for simpletons.

No one with intelligence uses it.

The advertisements for it make that abundantly clear

No, you're referring to MacOS.

No, that's for stupid rich people.

MacOS is free.

--
Two Irish couples decided to swap partners for the night.
After 3 hours of amazing sex, Paddy says "I wonder how the girls are getting on".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 04:22:28 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:48:57 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:39:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 00:07:56 -0000, Fredxxx wrote:

Is this a royal statement? I'm not on 10.

That's because you're a ****ing useless luddite. Why would you not
take
a FREE upgrade to a better OS?

Who told you it was better? Microsft?

Bless!

No, I find it easier to use.

Well thats true. it is designed for simpletons.

No one with intelligence uses it.

No, what you really mean is it's different and you're too thick to
understand how to use it.

No, I dont,

It's more useful AND easier than previous versions.

--
Two Irish couples decided to swap partners for the night.
After 3 hours of amazing sex, Paddy says "I wonder how the girls are getting on".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

If its Mcrosoft, it is.

Funny how it's the most popular.

Whether 'popular' is quite the right word I'm not sure! :-)

It may be the most ubiquitous but that doesn't necessarily make it the
most popular.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 04:21:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:43:04 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

I find it absurd people get upset about being given something free.

Tell that to your boyfriend when its the crabs..

An UPGRADE to IMPROVE your OS is not the same as crabs.

If its Mcrosoft, it is.

Funny how it's the most popular.

Crabs are very common, too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Is this a royal statement? I'm not on 10.

That's because you're a ****ing useless luddite. Why would you not
take
a FREE upgrade to a better OS?

Who told you it was better? Microsft?

Bless!

No, I find it easier to use.

Well thats true. it is designed for simpletons.

No one with intelligence uses it.

The advertisements for it make that abundantly clear

No, you're referring to MacOS.

No, that's for stupid rich people.

MacOS is free.

No, it isn't. You need to spend at least £400 on a computer to get it.

****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

wrote:

Is this a royal statement? I'm not on 10.

That's because you're a ****ing useless luddite. Why would you not
take
a FREE upgrade to a better OS?

Who told you it was better? Microsft?

Bless!

No, I find it easier to use.

Well thats true. it is designed for simpletons.

No one with intelligence uses it.

The advertisements for it make that abundantly clear

No, you're referring to MacOS.

No, that's for stupid rich people.

MacOS is free.

But what you need to run it isnt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 21:14:43 +0200, The Natural Philosopher

snip

It's more useful AND easier than previous versions.

for morons.

This is where the poor / sad 'Linux geeks' get confused (easy to do in
their insular / minority world) and then they insult billions of very
intelligent people who actually use their MS Windows every day to do
things that are simply impossible under Linux (and to a lesser degree,
OSX).

I nearly made a little Netbook Linux only the other day ... till I
remembered the new owner might actually want iTunes, or to be able to
update their GPS or even run Word (because the rest of the world does
and might use the extended features).

The real funny thing is that most Linux Geeks also / still have to run
Windows or Windows apps under WINE or Windows VM's (that they think
doesn't count) but very few Windows users just *have* to run Linux for
anything! ;-)

I'm one of the few and used Gparted on a LiveDVD earlier tonight on a
HP micro-server I'm reinstalling WHS 2011 on for a mate.

Linux makes a good tool, it's great in my TV and router and 'servers'
.... but even Linus himself admits it's failed to make muster on
desktops (and probably never will now).

Not that 99.99% of Windows, Mac or Android users would care as they
have never even heard of Linux! ;-)

But on a more positive note, Linux *is* getting better and if you only
have very basic needs, are lucky, or are a programmer / geek, then
Linux can be a useable everyday OS for many.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Only if you're a pedantic ****wit.

--
A Jewish woman is sitting at a bar. A man approaches her.
"Hi, honey," he says. "Want a little company?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 13:14:39 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

Well somebody must think it's going to work to put money into it.

If it could be made to work it would solve our energy problems at a
stroke. But even confining the plasma has proved difficult. And getting
more energy out than goes in to run it even harder.

Yet they claim to have passed a major hurdle.

The world is full of claims.

This one has had money injected into it by people who believe in it.
Stop being such a silly luddite. Are you the guy that wrote: "Computers
in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, 1949?

That prediction has become true.

Perhaps Mr Blunt Sword can tell us what the "major hurdle" is that has
been passed.

PS - Note to Bluntie: if you quote technical or scientific stuff from a
****bag "Elvis seen on Mars" website you must expect derision.

I expected discussion, perhaps I should have chosen a group with more intelligence.

--
I never would have married you if I knew how stupid you were!" shouted the woman to her husband.
The husband replied, "You should've known how stupid I was the minute I asked you to marry me!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 18:56:24 -0000, Chris Green wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

If its Mcrosoft, it is.

Funny how it's the most popular.

Whether 'popular' is quite the right word I'm not sure! :-)

It may be the most ubiquitous but that doesn't necessarily make it the
most popular.

People are free to change.

--
Streakers bewa Your end is in sight!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 19:10:46 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 04:21:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:43:04 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

I find it absurd people get upset about being given something free.

Tell that to your boyfriend when its the crabs..

An UPGRADE to IMPROVE your OS is not the same as crabs.

If its Mcrosoft, it is.

Funny how it's the most popular.

Crabs are very common, too.

But we choose our OS.

--
You have reached the CPX-2000 Voice Blackmail System. Your voice patterns are now being digitally encoded and stored for later use. Once this is done, our computers will be able to use the sound of YOUR voice for literally thousands of illegal and immoral purposes. There is no charge for this initial consultation. However our staff of professional extortionists will contact you in the near future to further explain the benefits of our service, and to arrange for your schedule of payment. Remember to speak clearly at the sound of the tone. Thank you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I should have chosen a group with more intelligence.

How would you recognise it if you did?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 19:10:46 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 04:21:18 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:43:04 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

I find it absurd people get upset about being given something free.

Tell that to your boyfriend when its the crabs..

An UPGRADE to IMPROVE your OS is not the same as crabs.

If its Mcrosoft, it is.

Funny how it's the most popular.

Crabs are very common, too.

But we choose our OS.

You don't.
It comes with the computer you bought.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Is this a royal statement? I'm not on 10.

That's because you're a ****ing useless luddite. Why would you
not
take
a FREE upgrade to a better OS?

Who told you it was better? Microsft?

Bless!

No, I find it easier to use.

Well thats true. it is designed for simpletons.

No one with intelligence uses it.

The advertisements for it make that abundantly clear

No, you're referring to MacOS.

No, that's for stupid rich people.

MacOS is free.

No, it isn't. You need to spend at least £400 on a computer to get it.

****.

Funny, I've built quite a few PCs running it, Apple got no money from me
whatsoever.

Ah. So you are a criminal as well?