Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default 'Star in a Jar' Fusion Reactor Works and Promises Infinite Energy

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 21:14:43 +0200, The Natural Philosopher

snip

It's more useful AND easier than previous versions.

for morons.

This is where the poor / sad 'Linux geeks' get confused (easy to do in
their insular / minority world) and then they insult billions of very
intelligent people who actually use their MS Windows every day to do
things that are simply impossible under Linux (and to a lesser degree,
OSX).

I nearly made a little Netbook Linux only the other day ... till I
remembered the new owner might actually want iTunes, or to be able to
update their GPS or even run Word (because the rest of the world does
and might use the extended features).

The real funny thing is that most Linux Geeks also / still have to run
Windows or Windows apps under WINE or Windows VM's (that they think
doesn't count) but very few Windows users just *have* to run Linux for
anything! ;-)

I'm one of the few and used Gparted on a LiveDVD earlier tonight on a
HP micro-server I'm reinstalling WHS 2011 on for a mate.

Linux makes a good tool, it's great in my TV and router and 'servers'
.... but even Linus himself admits it's failed to make muster on
desktops (and probably never will now).

Not that 99.99% of Windows, Mac or Android users would care as they
have never even heard of Linux! ;-)

But on a more positive note, Linux *is* getting better and if you only
have very basic needs, are lucky, or are a programmer / geek, then
Linux can be a useable everyday OS for many.

Cheers, T i m