Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default 'Star in a Jar' Fusion Reactor Works and Promises Infinite Energy

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:44:57 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 19:41:49 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:

Well somebody must think it's going to work to put money into it.

If it could be made to work it would solve our energy problems at a
stroke. But even confining the plasma has proved difficult. And getting
more energy out than goes in to run it even harder.

Yet they claim to have passed a major hurdle.

The world is full of claims.

This one has had money injected into it by people who believe in it. Stop being such a silly luddite. Are you the guy that wrote: "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, 1949?

--
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me. I'm always getting in the way of something...