Michael McNeil

Default Storage Heaters

I have Creda Storage heaters with two dial settings each in them. Any
idea why?

BigWallop

"Michael McNeil" wrote in message
news:e22280571c3e883ae380eda0d21cd2b0.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
I have Creda Storage heaters with two dial settings each in them. Any
idea why?

Does this site help any ?

http://www.natenergy.org.uk/el-heat.htm

BigWallop

"Michael McNeil" wrote in message
news:e22280571c3e883ae380eda0d21cd2b0.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
I have Creda Storage heaters with two dial settings each in them. Any
idea why?

This one might better explain it :

http://www.housewarming.org.uk/heati...e_heaters.html

Chris Vowles

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 03:40:13 +0000 (UTC), "Michael McNeil"
wrote:

I have Creda Storage heaters with two dial settings each in them. Any
idea why?

Does one feel more mechanical than the other, it probably opens vents
to allow the last of the heat to come out in the evening, make sure
you close it again before you go to bed so that it keeps the heat in
until it is wanted

Scott M

Michael McNeil wrote:

I have Creda Storage heaters with two dial settings each in them. Any
idea why?

Many years ago when in a shared house with storage heaters I came to the
conclusion that these very simple beasts are just too complicated for
the great unwashed. Apart from a complete inability to comprehend their
fairly simple function, nobody seems able to think more than 2 minutes
ahead and attempts to use them in the same way as an ordinary electric
heater.

One dial controls how much hot the bricks inside get overnight, one dial
controls how much hot air comes out during the day.

--
Scott

Chris Vowles

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:51:41 GMT, Scott M
wrote:

Michael McNeil wrote:

I have Creda Storage heaters with two dial settings each in them. Any
idea why?

Many years ago when in a shared house with storage heaters I came to the
conclusion that these very simple beasts are just too complicated for
the great unwashed. Apart from a complete inability to comprehend their
fairly simple function, nobody seems able to think more than 2 minutes
ahead and attempts to use them in the same way as an ordinary electric
heater.

One dial controls how much hot the bricks inside get overnight, one dial
controls how much hot air comes out during the day.

You do have to become a weather forcaster if you have night storage
heaters as you have to guess what the temperature is going to be the
next day, if you set it too high you end up with the daft situation of
opening the window in the depths of winter to cool the room down, but
if you didn't set the heater high enough then there is nothing you can
do - I think some may have had fan heaters incorporated for this
reason

derek

wrote:

Michael McNeil wrote:

I have Creda Storage heaters with two dial settings each in them. Any
idea why?

Many years ago when in a shared house with storage heaters I came to the
conclusion that these very simple beasts are just too complicated for
the great unwashed. Apart from a complete inability to comprehend their
fairly simple function, nobody seems able to think more than 2 minutes
ahead and attempts to use them in the same way as an ordinary electric
heater.

One dial controls how much hot the bricks inside get overnight, one dial
controls how much hot air comes out during the day.

On the ones in our office it's not quite that simple. The daytime
control principally affects the "Boost" at the end of the day when the
bricks have cooled down, a bi-metallic strip then opens a flap to
create an additional hot air path. You can chose how much boost you
want.

DG
Andrew May

"Michael McNeil" wrote in message news:e22280571c3e883ae380eda0d21cd2b0.45219@mygat e.mailgate.org...
I have Creda Storage heaters with two dial settings each in them. Any
idea why?

One controls the amount of heat going into the heater when it
'charges' on the Economy 7 tariff. The other adjusts the rate at which
it is released by adjusting a flap above the bricks to control the
amount of heat released.

Which is which probably depends on the model but the output on is the
one that causes the clanking sound of the flap moving when it is
adjusted.

Andrew
Harry Bloomfield

On 27/01/2004 Michael McNeil opined:-
I have Creda Storage heaters with two dial settings each in them. Any
idea why?

One will likely be the charge temperature setting, the temperature at
which the unit cuts off its overnight charge and the other a boost
flap. The later should be kept closed until the extra heat is required
in the evening, then re-closed prior to going to bed.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

BigWallop

"Evil Uncle Philly" wrote in message
Harry Bloomfield retched Storage Heaters onto my recliner:

On 27/01/2004 Michael McNeil opined:-
I have Creda Storage heaters with two dial settings each in them. Any
idea why?

One will likely be the charge temperature setting, the temperature at
which the unit cuts off its overnight charge and the other a boost
flap. The later should be kept closed until the extra heat is required
in the evening, then re-closed prior to going to bed.

Stop talking about flaps Harry.

Do you have anything about any subject of DIY to say. After seeing a number
of your daft reply postings, I've now come to the conclusion that you are a
real bam pot with air where the brain should be. Now, please grow up or FO
away from sensible people.

(NOW KILLED so I don't have to read the inevitable stupid reply)

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

In uk.d-i-y, BigWallop wrote:

Do you have anything about any subject of DIY to say. After seeing a number
of your daft reply postings, I've now come to the conclusion that you are a
real bam pot with air where the brain should be. Now, please grow up or FO
away from sensible people.

Don't waste your time or conciousness on these postings, BigW. If you
have a newsreader with article-suppression facilities (as you suggest),
apply them. Any form of reply just encourages the activity...

Stefek
Caravan man

In uk.d-i-y, BigWallop wrote:

Do you have anything about any subject of DIY to say. After seeing a number
of your daft reply postings, I've now come to the conclusion that you are a
real bam pot with air where the brain should be. Now, please grow up or FO
away from sensible people.

Don't waste your time or conciousness on these postings, BigW. If you
have a newsreader with article-suppression facilities (as you suggest),
apply them. Any form of reply just encourages the activity...

Stefek

Article suppression facilities? That's brilliant.

--

Phil K.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at/

BigWallop

wrote in message
In uk.d-i-y, BigWallop wrote:

Do you have anything about any subject of DIY to say. After seeing a

number
of your daft reply postings, I've now come to the conclusion that you

are a
real bam pot with air where the brain should be. Now, please grow up or

FO
away from sensible people.

Don't waste your time or conciousness on these postings, BigW. If you
have a newsreader with article-suppression facilities (as you suggest),
apply them. Any form of reply just encourages the activity...

Stefek

I know I did the wrong thing by replying to the idiot, but I've blocked the
IP for the sender so shouldn't hear from them again, I hope. :-))

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Caravan
man, and I thusly replied:

In uk.d-i-y, BigWallop wrote:

Do you have anything about any subject of DIY to say. After seeing a
number of your daft reply postings, I've now come to the conclusion
that you are a real bam pot with air where the brain should be. Now,
please grow up or FO away from sensible people.

Don't waste your time or conciousness on these postings, BigW. If you
have a newsreader with article-suppression facilities (as you suggest),
apply them. Any form of reply just encourages the activity...

Stefek

Article suppression facilities? That's brilliant.

Obviously the politically correct version of a killfile.

--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874

"A ******* shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his
tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:2
Scott M

BigWallop wrote:

Do you have anything about any subject of DIY to say. After seeing a number
of your daft reply postings, I've now come to the conclusion that you are a
real bam pot with air where the brain should be. Now, please grow up or FO
away from sensible people.

I think that's a bit harsh. These people provide a valuable service by
demonstrating the importance of birth control and exactly how pathetic
some people's lives really are. Reminds me of a line from Fawlty Towers:

Bloke: There's always someone worse off than yourself, Mr Fawlty.
Basil: Is there? I could do with a good laugh.

--
Scott

storage heaters DavidD UK diy 1 December 17th 03 11:41 AM
Storage heaters Bob Minchin UK diy 5 November 24th 03 11:01 AM
Removing storage heaters!! The Question Asker UK diy 3 November 13th 03 11:01 AM
Removing storage heaters NC UK diy 10 August 13th 03 10:52 PM
Where to buy night storage heaters (Economy 7) Ian Watkins UK diy 4 July 27th 03 10:26 AM