Chris Vowles

Default Storage Heaters

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:51:41 GMT, Scott M
wrote:

Michael McNeil wrote:

I have Creda Storage heaters with two dial settings each in them. Any
idea why?

Many years ago when in a shared house with storage heaters I came to the
conclusion that these very simple beasts are just too complicated for
the great unwashed. Apart from a complete inability to comprehend their
fairly simple function, nobody seems able to think more than 2 minutes
ahead and attempts to use them in the same way as an ordinary electric
heater.

One dial controls how much hot the bricks inside get overnight, one dial
controls how much hot air comes out during the day.

You do have to become a weather forcaster if you have night storage
heaters as you have to guess what the temperature is going to be the
next day, if you set it too high you end up with the daft situation of
opening the window in the depths of winter to cool the room down, but
if you didn't set the heater high enough then there is nothing you can
do - I think some may have had fan heaters incorporated for this
reason