Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cat proofing a stereo

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 18:10:47 +0100, ARW wrote:

"Cash" wrote in message
ARW wrote:
"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 20:50:03 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get
hot, and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I
glued carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make
such a fuss. There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

You glued carpet grippers on top your cat?

Yes, it stops it sleeping upside down.

What breed is it?

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uplo...-cats-****.jpg

I was always told that they were rather useful - if they are not, why are
you always chasing [1] them to get your's into their 'fur coats'? -;

[1] And commenting!

Very few have a "fur coat" these days.

You have a bald cat?

--
TEACHER: Clyde, your composition on "My Dog" is exactly the same as your brother's. Did you copy his?
CLYDE : No, sir. It's the same dog.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 19:33:02 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:
snip

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

snip

IMHO, they are all that breed, even if not on that chart. ;-)

If I had a dog that tried to get up on a surface where I prepared food
or climb all over my HiFi / PC / mantelpiece it would be taken down
the vet for a long sleep sharpish. [1]

The good thing of course is I've never had a dog do anything like that
(or crap in other peoples gardens) so never had the need for that long
walk.

A 'pet' cat is like having a loose pet hawk and it's only yours just
because / whilst you feed it now and again (when it's not feeding
itself (or just murdering for the fun of it) off the local wildlife).

Cheers, T i m

[1] It's as if you have to have a lobotomy when you take on a cat that
then allows you to consider their wanton vandalism and violent ways
'cute'.

'Awww look, Tiddles just knocked a full cup of tea over my brand new
Apple laptop ... what is he like ...'

(The answer was already and accurately provided by your chart of
course). ;-)

Best just to keep all "meat" animals in captivty with restricted space and
then slaughter them for human consumption then?

Sorry, what bit specifically was that in reply to Adam?

But 'best', depends how much you like you meat and if you are
expecting everyone to out and kill it themselves?

I know how it works - I have worked in the chicken factory at T*****, at
slaughter houses plus several farms.

As a meat eater (although very little these days) I am having animals
killed on my behalf (who wouldn't have existed in the first place was
it not for our consumption yada yada). However, I don't tend to eat
them alive or have them killed slowly as many predatory animals do
(often including cats). However, whilst it's what most animals have to
do to survive, it's not what most cats (or domestic pets) *have* to
do. Just as my dogs don't need to hunt and kill cats to survive (and
that was in spite of them mostly being 'Sight / snap hounds', like
whippets, and lurchers that probably would, given the need).

Don't get me wrong, I think cats are very clever (by design,
physically) it's just not what I would want from something that I
might look to as 'a companion'. Dogs have been 'mans best friend' and
lived and worked (being a big point) alongside man for thousands of
years and whilst cats have also been around for a long time, and
outside of keeping down vermin, they have really only been a
'possession'.

That said, what would kill the most rats in an hour, a terrier or a
cat?

snip

Anyway, none of that was the point in question g ... it was what
lengths some people seem to have to go to to stop their 'pet'
negatively impacting their lives (overheated amplifiers, making clean
sheets dirty, crapping in other people gardens etc) and whilst
offering little positive in return (IMHO), both to humanity and many
individuals (some of whom possess the things)! ;-)

If I walk into a house that has a cat I find they are so stupid they
don't realise I see no point in them and yet they still end up on my
lap (uninvited). Not content with assuming they have the right to be
there, they then claw me for no reason and at that point they are
likely to get drop kicked out of a window. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:
snip

[...]

It seemed obvious to me. Anywhere you don't like loose animals that eat meat, like "A 'pet' cat is like having a loose pet hawk"

But 'best', depends how much you like you meat and if you are
expecting everyone to out and kill it themselves?

I can't comprehend that sentence, but unless you're a vegetarian, why do you consider yourself more moral than a cat?

I know how it works - I have worked in the chicken factory at T*****, at
slaughter houses plus several farms.

As a meat eater (although very little these days) I am having animals
killed on my behalf (who wouldn't have existed in the first place was
it not for our consumption yada yada).

Tell that to the dead animal.

However, I don't tend to eat
them alive or have them killed slowly as many predatory animals do
(often including cats).

Death is one million times more cruel than the torture beforehand. Would you rather I tortured you for a few hours then let you go to live the rest of your entire life, or killed you instantly?

Easy enough to beat the **** out of any cat who does.

Just as my dogs don't need to hunt and kill cats to survive (and
that was in spite of them mostly being 'Sight / snap hounds', like
whippets, and lurchers that probably would, given the need).

Don't get me wrong, I think cats are very clever (by design,
physically)

Actually, that tail is a very bad design, they seem unaware it's there. They hide under the sofa then wonder how I'm able to pull them back out.

it's just not what I would want from something that I
might look to as 'a companion'. Dogs have been 'mans best friend' and
lived and worked (being a big point) alongside man for thousands of
years and whilst cats have also been around for a long time, and
outside of keeping down vermin, they have really only been a
'possession'.

A dog requires maintenance. A cat does not, just feeding. You give iut as much attention as you have time for.

That said, what would kill the most rats in an hour, a terrier or a
cat?

No idea, but mine manage to kill all rats and mice that appear. Before I got them, my neighbour was always complaining about rats coming up a drain in her garden, and on several occasions paid for an exterminator.

snip

Anyway, none of that was the point in question g ... it was what
lengths some people seem to have to go to to stop their 'pet'
negatively impacting their lives (overheated amplifiers,

Simple (and fun) fix.

making clean sheets dirty,

I've not observed this with any of my 4.

crapping in other people gardens etc)

Not my problem. And when others crap in my garden, I leave it as fertiliser. If I'm digging in the flowerbed, easy enough to shovel it into the bin, just as I'd dig up a weed.

and whilst
offering little positive in return (IMHO), both to humanity and many
individuals (some of whom possess the things)! ;-)

They are company, just like a dog.

If I walk into a house that has a cat I find they are so stupid they
don't realise I see no point in them and yet they still end up on my
lap (uninvited). Not content with assuming they have the right to be
there, they then claw me for no reason and at that point they are
likely to get drop kicked out of a window. ;-)

I've never had a cat attack me unless I was being nasty to it first. Dogs however are very territorial and like to bite "intruders" who are visiting a house. I've kicked many a dog to prevent that. On one occasion it started a heated argument between the owner, his wife, and their neighbour, after the dog I kicked landed arse over tit in her flowerbed.

--
If you think people aren't creative, watch them try to re-fold a roadmap.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:
snip

[...]

Yes, that's what the chinese do.

I know how it works - I have worked in the chicken factory at T*****, at
slaughter houses plus several farms.

My cat is a ****

You know what they say about animals taking after their owners ?

- 'but my cat is less of a **** than me and I am a human".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 18:32:59 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 13/04/2016 16:19, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 15:19:31 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 12/04/2016 21:27, Mr Macaw wrote:

I can't spot it there. It looks like
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nzmb5xdet...on%20path.jpg?

dl=0

Is it female, or has it been crawling underneath an electricians van
to acquire those black smudges ?.

Yes it's female. Do males not have black patches?

I believe the combination of white, ginger and black is only possible in
a female. Or that's what I always thought.

About 1 in 3000 can be male (XXY). Often sterile, and I believe they
often have physical and mental problems.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/04/2016 21:27, Mr Macaw wrote:

I can't spot it there. It looks like
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nzmb5xdet...on%20path.jpg?

dl=0

Is it female, or has it been crawling underneath an electricians van
to acquire those black smudges ?.

Yes it's female. Do males not have black patches?

I believe the combination of white, ginger and black is only possible in
a female. Or that's what I always thought.

About 1 in 3000 can be male (XXY). Often sterile, and I believe they
often have physical and mental problems.

All cats have mental problems.

--
Football is a bunch of millionaires ruining a lawn -- Charlie Brooker
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 13:26:33 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

(I like a cat in small doses, and as long as they don't cr&p in our garden or give a child toxoplasmosis)

Cite some examples of people dying of this disease.

That's a good point plenty of peole have died from the actions of a dog.
It's not like dog **** doesnt; do harm, it can blind children.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/children...know-about-the

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxocariasis

--
The record of having had intercourse the most frequently goes to a boy who was recorded to have had intercourse about 52,000 times over a period of 30 years. This means he had intercourse on average 33.3 times a week.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 14:56:26 UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 00:05:31 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
Cats don't dribble saliva everywhere they go, ....
and tend to have clean paws.

Really? You take them for a walk and they come back home with magically
clean paws?

We trained the cat to wait in the kitchen until his paws were clean and dry with the cat's towel.

I can't speak for other cats or their owners of course.

Some owners are less clean than their pets.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 16:11:53 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:25:06 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 10:40:51 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 02:15:52 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

Cats **** in flower beds and fertilise them,

I don't have a flower bed. I had a veg patch and do have gravel round
my outbuildings and that's often covered in other peoples pets faeces.

Your vegetables grow better with manure.

Yes, proper (vegetarian - horse) manure not cat sh1t that may contain
Toxocara.

Toxocara clearly isn't a problem since I've never seen it in the news.

Just because *you* haven't seen anything of it means nothing
(obviously).

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxoplasmosis/

How do people get toxoplasmosis?
http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxopla...info/faqs.html

A Toxoplasma infection occurs by:

Eating undercooked, contaminated meat (especially pork, lamb, and venison).
Accidental ingestion of undercooked, contaminated meat after handling it and not washing hands thoroughly (Toxoplasma cannot be absorbed through intact skin).
Eating food that was contaminated by knives, utensils, cutting boards and other foods that have had contact with raw, contaminated meat.How do people get toxoplasmosis?

"Toxoplasmosis is considered to be a leading cause of death attributed
to food borne illness in the United States."

(for example)

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxopla...pi.html#animal

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/comp...in-compost.htm

snip more irrational cat-owner nonsense and denial

Think on all that when your cat (unlikely to be your dog) walks across
all the surfaces where *you* prepare food after it's carefully buried
it's cr*p in someone else's garden.

well my cat doesn't walk across food preparing work surfaces and has never craped in anyone elses garden wel not in the last 4 years anyway.

and it;s better behaved and more inteligent than Wodney too.

Well what isn't you may add :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/04/2016 11:57, whisky-dave wrote:

snip ..and has never craped in anyone elses garden wel not in the last 4 years anyway.

Did you watch it 24 hours/day ?.

Cats crap everywhere. Years ago they seemed to know how to dig a hole
and cover it over afterwards. These days, many of the cats around
where I live just seem to do a dump in the middle of a lawn, or on
top of a nice border annual. And I don't know what they put in
cat food these days, because what comes out the other end pongs
for ages.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 12:10:39 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 14/04/2016 11:57, whisky-dave wrote:

snip ..and has never craped in anyone elses garden wel not in the last 4 years anyway.

Did you watch it 24 hours/day ?.

If his cat used his neighbour's well, it probably assumed it was a huge toilet, that shows intelligence.

Mine crap, then dig. They know they have to dig, but they don't necessarily cover the ****. They don't know WHY they are digging.

--
The tired doctor was awakened by a phone call in the middle of the night. "Please, you have to come right over," pleaded the distraught young mother. "My child has swallowed a contraceptive."
The physician dressed quickly, but before he could get out the door, the phone rang again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 12:10:44 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 14/04/2016 11:57, whisky-dave wrote:

snip ..and has never craped in anyone elses garden wel not in the last 4 years anyway.

Did you watch it 24 hours/day ?.

No, But I have a front door which is locked when I leave in the morning and a back door which is also locked, and no windows left open and living on the 1st foor while jumping out would be possibel jumping back in again would not.

Cats crap everywhere.

Including litter trays when provided.

Years ago they seemed to know how to dig a hole
and cover it over afterwards.

These days, many of the cats around
where I live just seem to do a dump in the middle of a lawn, or on
top of a nice border annual. And I don't know what they put in
cat food these days, because what comes out the other end pongs
for ages.

and dogs don't ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 02:15:52 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

Cats **** in flower beds and fertilise them,

I don't have a flower bed. I had a veg patch and do have gravel round
my outbuildings and that's often covered in other peoples pets faeces.

Your vegetables grow better with manure.

Yes, proper (vegetarian - horse) manure not cat sh1t that may contain
Toxocara.

snip

Cheers, T i m

You might enjoy this. Or not.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...m-8102860.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 03:57:51 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

How do people get toxoplasmosis?
http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxopla...info/faqs.html

A Toxoplasma infection occurs by:

Eating undercooked, contaminated meat (especially pork, lamb, and venison).
Accidental ingestion of undercooked, contaminated meat after handling it and not washing hands thoroughly (Toxoplasma cannot be absorbed through intact skin).
Eating food that was contaminated by knives, utensils, cutting boards and other foods that have had contact with raw, contaminated meat.How do people get toxoplasmosis?

Considering the topic I would have thought you would have at least
quoted the rest of the points mentioned on that link (but as I see you
are a cat owner I can see why you might not). ;-)

"Accidentally swallowing the parasite through contact with cat feces
that contain Toxoplasma. This might happen by

* cleaning a cat's litter box when the cat has shed Toxoplasma in
its feces
* touching or ingesting anything that has come into contact with
cat feces that contain Toxoplasma
* accidentally ingesting contaminated soil (e.g., not washing hands
after gardening or eating unwashed fruits or vegetables from a
garden)"

Some seemingly everyday actions ... especially for a 'cat owner'? ;-(

snip

Think on all that when your cat (unlikely to be your dog) walks across
all the surfaces where *you* prepare food after it's carefully buried
it's cr*p in someone else's garden.

well my cat doesn't walk across food preparing work surfaces

How do you know that, OOI Dave?

and has never craped in anyone elses garden wel not in the last 4 years anyway.

As Andrew asks, how do you know? The only way you could would be that
your cat never goes outside (excellent), your back garden is 100%
covered in or your cat too old / heavy / lazy to climb out?

and it;s better behaved and more inteligent than Wodney too.

;-)

Well what isn't you may add :-)

Well, I'd say 'most cat's that I'm aware of' but you might be right.
;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 03:48:16 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 13:26:33 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

(I like a cat in small doses, and as long as they don't cr&p in our garden or give a child toxoplasmosis)

Cite some examples of people dying of this disease.

That's a good point plenty of peole have died from the actions of a dog.
It's not like dog **** doesnt; do harm, it can blind children.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/children...know-about-the

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxocariasis

True, however, the discussion was about the fact that cats do (and
dogs don't) usually foul in *other peoples gardens* ... nor do dogs
typically climb all over the kitchen work surfaces etc etc.

All animals poop, it's just where they do it and what happens next
that most people are bothered about.

I don't own a cat (never have, never would [1]) and therefore don't
see why I should suffer their mess in my garden, especially around my
vegetable patch?

Cheers, T i m

[1] Well, unless I 'lose my marbles'. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 15:18:39 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 03:57:51 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

How do people get toxoplasmosis?
http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxopla...info/faqs.html

A Toxoplasma infection occurs by:

Eating undercooked, contaminated meat (especially pork, lamb, and venison).
Accidental ingestion of undercooked, contaminated meat after handling it and not washing hands thoroughly (Toxoplasma cannot be absorbed through intact skin).
Eating food that was contaminated by knives, utensils, cutting boards and other foods that have had contact with raw, contaminated meat.How do people get toxoplasmosis?

Considering the topic I would have thought you would have at least
quoted the rest of the points mentioned on that link (but as I see you
are a cat owner I can see why you might not). ;-)

Well there's little point in postingthe whole page just the more important bits.

"Accidentally swallowing the parasite through contact with cat feces
that contain Toxoplasma. This might happen by

* cleaning a cat's litter box when the cat has shed Toxoplasma in
its feces

So we cat owners do clear up then, dogs just leave it in the park.
While some owners do clean it up.
But if yuor'e clearing up any **** don't eat at teh same time and wash afterwoods.

* touching or ingesting anything that has come into contact with
cat feces that contain Toxoplasma

I would assume the same goes for dogs too.

* accidentally ingesting contaminated soil (e.g., not washing hands
after gardening or eating unwashed fruits or vegetables from a
garden)"

Some seemingly everyday actions ... especially for a 'cat owner'? ;-(

Not me, I've never found any fruits or vegetables in my garden you'll rarely see them on a plate to eat eather. The last thing I had from my garden was a carrot in 1995, still nothing to write home about.
Strange but a lot of farms tend to keep cats.

Think on all that when your cat (unlikely to be your dog) walks across
all the surfaces where *you* prepare food after it's carefully buried
it's cr*p in someone else's garden.

well my cat doesn't walk across food preparing work surfaces

How do you know that, OOI Dave?.

I've had 3 cats since about 1994 only one attempted to jump up on the kitchen work surface I said no sterly, grabbed hold of him and gentily throw him out.

and has never craped in anyone elses garden wel not in the last 4 years anyway.

As Andrew asks, how do you know? The only way you could would be that
your cat never goes outside (excellent),

correct she doen't that's how I know.

and as for my previous cat I had a webcam on the cat flat so knew exactly when heb went out and came in, filmed documented and shown on a pet program in the USA.

your back garden is 100%
covered in or your cat too old / heavy / lazy to climb out?

She doesn;t want to go out in the garden she was like that with her 2 previous owners too. I leave the back door open she sits at the top of the stairs for 5 mins then goes back and settles down on the sofa.

and it;s better behaved and more inteligent than Wodney too.

;-)

Well what isn't you may add :-)

Well, I'd say 'most cat's that I'm aware of' but you might be right.
;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 14:48:16 +0100, "Dan S. MacAbre"
wrote:

T i m wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 02:15:52 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

Cats **** in flower beds and fertilise them,

I don't have a flower bed. I had a veg patch and do have gravel round
my outbuildings and that's often covered in other peoples pets faeces.

Your vegetables grow better with manure.

Yes, proper (vegetarian - horse) manure not cat sh1t that may contain
Toxocara.

snip

Cheers, T i m

You might enjoy this. Or not.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...m-8102860.html

'Or not'. ;-)

The thing is (as I said elsewhere) all animals poop it just becomes an
issue 'where' in some cases and the potential consequences of that
when they do.

So, birds poop contains all sorts of bad stuff but not generally an
issue unless you keep birds yourself, or live next to someone who
'keeps' racing pigeons.

And that's the thing ... when you have to suffer from something that
isn't your choice, like other peoples animals dumping on your property
and especially when they demonstrate they CGAF, that's when things can
go bad.

So, like with most things that get enough people down, legislation
steps in on behalf of an innocent minority. All dogs now have to be
chipped because of the actions of what is probably a tiny minority.

And I'm all for that, along with storing the animals DNA on the same
file so when the owners allow them to do anything that impacts another
person, they (the owners) can be traced and dealt with. The same
*should* apply to cats and hopefully will one day as I believe 'most
people' consider cat fouling on their own property (when they don't
own a cat) to be unacceptable.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 13:26:33 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

(I like a cat in small doses, and as long as they don't cr&p in our garden or give a child toxoplasmosis)

Cite some examples of people dying of this disease.

That's a good point plenty of peole have died from the actions of a dog.
It's not like dog **** doesnt; do harm, it can blind children.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/children...know-about-the

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxocariasis

True, however, the discussion was about the fact that cats do (and
dogs don't) usually foul in *other peoples gardens* ... nor do dogs
typically climb all over the kitchen work surfaces etc etc.

Cats donlt normally climb all over work surfaces either, maybe some let them do that but some let their dogs like their face, which is something I've never seen a cat do.

All animals poop, it's just where they do it and what happens next
that most people are bothered about.

Try which is why you see warnings in parks aimed at dogs not cats.
Few dometics cats have killed humans but avery month or so you'll hear of a dog attack, but I wopnlt blamne the dogs 99% of teh time it's the owners and that is true of cat owners too who let their cat walk over kitchen work surfaces.

I don't own a cat (never have, never would [1]) and therefore don't
see why I should suffer their mess in my garden, especially around my
vegetable patch?

I've seen vegatable patches protected from birds surely theres a safe way to protect them, not that I know a lot about veg unless it comes out of a tin with a ring pull, and they say the best thing since sliced bread ....!!!!

Cheers, T i m

[1] Well, unless I 'lose my marbles'. ;-)

Assuming you started with any ;-P

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

T i m wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 02:15:52 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

Cats **** in flower beds and fertilise them,

I don't have a flower bed. I had a veg patch and do have gravel round
my outbuildings and that's often covered in other peoples pets faeces.

Your vegetables grow better with manure.

Yes, proper (vegetarian - horse) manure not cat sh1t that may contain
Toxocara.

snip

Cheers, T i m

You might enjoy this. Or not.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...m-8102860.html

'Or not'. ;-)

The thing is (as I said elsewhere) all animals poop it just becomes an
issue 'where' in some cases and the potential consequences of that
when they do.

I can understand that but it's not easy to deal with. Dogs and cats are quite diffenrt dogds have been brought up to live amihnst humans for a lot longer than cats have. Dogs tend to do what their owners want, cats do what they want.

And that's the thing ... when you have to suffer from something that
isn't your choice, like other peoples animals dumping on your property
and especially when they demonstrate they CGAF, that's when things can
go bad.

I agree but a faur few peole have cats becuse they keep teh mice away, I often wonder what that would be like if there were a cat ban.

So, like with most things that get enough people down, legislation
steps in on behalf of an innocent minority. All dogs now have to be
chipped because of the actions of what is probably a tiny minority.

I have my cat chipped not because of any law but in case it gets lost and theplan was to use a chipped cat flap.

And I'm all for that, along with storing the animals DNA on the same
file so when the owners allow them to do anything that impacts another
person, they (the owners) can be traced and dealt with.

I feel the same way about people especially kids.

The same
*should* apply to cats and hopefully will one day as I believe 'most
people' consider cat fouling on their own property (when they don't
own a cat) to be unacceptable.

I find the polution put out by other peoples cars unacceptable

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

T i m wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 02:15:52 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

Cats **** in flower beds and fertilise them,

I don't have a flower bed. I had a veg patch and do have gravel round
my outbuildings and that's often covered in other peoples pets faeces.

Your vegetables grow better with manure.

Yes, proper (vegetarian - horse) manure not cat sh1t that may contain
Toxocara.

snip

Cheers, T i m

You might enjoy this. Or not.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...m-8102860.html

'Or not'. ;-)

The thing is (as I said elsewhere) all animals poop it just becomes an
issue 'where' in some cases and the potential consequences of that
when they do.

I can understand that but it's not easy to deal with.

No, true, other than by not choosing say a cat as a pet in the first
place. Just as you wouldn't say choose a breed of dog that looks like
a 'dangerous breed' or one prone to some medical weakness or
condition.

Dogs and cats are quite diffenrt dogds have been brought up to live amihnst humans for a lot longer than cats have.

I'm not sure what the timelines are but you are probably right.

Dogs tend to do what their owners want, cats do what they want.

Yes, so if I wanted something that wasn't going to be a benefit or
asset to me then I too could choose a cat (or budgie or goldfish) for
a pet. However, I prefer something that I can take out with me,
something that get's me outdoors and some fresh air and exercise and
at the same time actually want to be with me and have some fun (like
retrieving a ball or racing etc). I'm not saying that a more 'indoor'
pet isn't good or even better than a dog for anyone else (and there
are many instances where a dog is far from the best solution of
course) and as a kid I've kept tropical fish, Guinea pigs and a rabbit
but none of them compared with a dog as a 'companion'.

And that's the thing ... when you have to suffer from something that
isn't your choice, like other peoples animals dumping on your property
and especially when they demonstrate they CGAF, that's when things can
go bad.

I agree but a faur few peole have cats becuse they keep teh mice away, I often wonder what that would be like if there were a cat ban.

I don't think we (in general and certainly not in urban environments)
would be overrun with rats or mice and I think you would need far more
cats than are realistic to actually control the vermin population
effectively, even on a farm.

So, like with most things that get enough people down, legislation
steps in on behalf of an innocent minority. All dogs now have to be
chipped because of the actions of what is probably a tiny minority.

I have my cat chipped not because of any law but in case it gets lost and theplan was to use a chipped cat flap.

And good for you for doing so (whatever the reason) ... you are at
least demonstrating some responsibility towards the cat. ;-)

And I'm all for that, along with storing the animals DNA on the same
file so when the owners allow them to do anything that impacts another
person, they (the owners) can be traced and dealt with.

I feel the same way about people especially kids.

('Some kids' ...) Quite ... but that is a different topic. ;-)

The same
*should* apply to cats and hopefully will one day as I believe 'most
people' consider cat fouling on their own property (when they don't
own a cat) to be unacceptable.

I find the polution put out by other peoples cars unacceptable

Again, agreed and I'm lucky in that I've never had to commute any
distance or regularly by car and still only use the car when
necessary.

I think vehicle pollution is one of those things that is 'transparent
to most of us (apart from the smog of old days in London and still in
some big cities around the world). I think they should put some (non
toxic) chemical that makes bright smoke (al-la Red Arrows) in car
fuel for just one day and it might make people realise just how much
'stuff' is produced by them just driving to the shops (when they could
probably do so on foot).

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@blueyond
er.co.uk escribió:

I think that everyone should visit a slaughter house.

Yes.

And little Dwayne and Chantelle need to be taught from an early age
where their McBurgers and those pink cuts of meat in the supermarket
come from.

Not only that, how they are made from four-legged beasts eating grass
going "moo" to transport on overcrowded lorries, to slaughter (including
the inhumane practice of halal slaughter), to processing, to the
eventual pretty-packed end product.

Optional would be the addition of dodgy meat from various other animals,
including those going "meow" ending up in food from your local chinky,
to those going "neigh" being used to cheaply bulk meat out, to people in
other countries eating Fido for dinner.

I'd go veggie if I could afford it, and if I could be arsed.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 08:11:53 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

True, however, the discussion was about the fact that cats do (and
dogs don't) usually foul in *other peoples gardens* ... nor do dogs
typically climb all over the kitchen work surfaces etc etc.

Cats donlt normally climb all over work surfaces either,

Really? I'm pretty sure every house I've ever been in that has a cat
(or more than one) sees them up on pretty well everything they can?
Including sitting on peoples HiFi and laptops. ;-)

maybe some let them do

No maybe about it mate. ;-)

that but some let their dogs like their face, which is something I've never seen a cat do.

True, that does seem to be more of a dog thing but again, generally
doesn't affect anyone other than the person being licked (if they
allow the dog to etc). Not the same as someone making me some food
from a worktop walked over by their cat.

All animals poop, it's just where they do it and what happens next
that most people are bothered about.

Try which is why you see warnings in parks aimed at dogs not cats.

No, because neither cats nor dogs can read and few cat owners take
their cats out for a walk in the park. ;-)

Few dometics cats have killed humans

Only those poor b*stards who die in car accidents whilst swerving to
miss a 'free roaming' cat or all the people made ill because of the
toxins etc.

but avery month or so you'll hear of a dog attack,

I'm not sure it's 'every month' (but then I don't go looking etc) but
you may well be right (even if not bad enough to make the news etc).

but I wopnlt blamne the dogs 99% of teh time

No, quite, whilst any dog has the potential to attack anything (they
all come from wolves after all) most never do, even when provoked and
badly tortured. Unfortunately, dogs are easy to train and therefore
you will find some who are trained to attack (like Police dogs).

it's the owners and that is true of cat owners too who let their cat walk over kitchen work surfaces.

Sort of ... it is a cats natural desire to get up on stuff, be it
trees, on top of cars (much to our neighbours dismay because of the
damage done to their cars by cats). Cat's 'climb', that's what they
do, few dogs have ever been 'rescued from trees' by the Fire Brigade
for example. ;-)

I don't own a cat (never have, never would [1]) and therefore don't
see why I should suffer their mess in my garden, especially around my
vegetable patch?

I've seen vegatable patches protected from birds surely theres a safe way to protect them,

Yes, you can take measures and you often have to against 'wild'
animals. I don't see why anyone should have to from anyone else's
'pet'? ;-(

not that I know a lot about veg unless it comes out of a tin with a ring pull, and they say the best thing since sliced bread ....!!!!

I understand that even canned veg is better than no veg at all and
admit to relying on loads of frozen veg because our eating habits
aren't regular or predictable enough to not see loads of fresh veg go
into the recycling. ;-(

[1] Well, unless I 'lose my marbles'. ;-)

Assuming you started with any ;-P

Well, yes ... that sorta went without saying Dave. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 07:54:32 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip
Considering the topic I would have thought you would have at least
quoted the rest of the points mentioned on that link (but as I see you
are a cat owner I can see why you might not). ;-)

Well there's little point in postingthe whole page just the more important bits.

Quite, the bits that were important to the topic in hand. It was
clearly stating that it's the risks from cats poo. ;-(

"Accidentally swallowing the parasite through contact with cat feces
that contain Toxoplasma. This might happen by

* cleaning a cat's litter box when the cat has shed Toxoplasma in
its feces

So we cat owners do clear up then,

Yes, from the inside of your own houses, again, not really the issue.
;-(

dogs just leave it in the park.

As cats do?

While some owners do clean it up.

Most dog owners do (or risk a fine if seen if they don't). Very few
cat owners do.

But if yuor'e clearing up any **** don't eat at teh same time and wash afterwoods.

Well, quite. But what if you aren't clearing up sh1t. What if you are
like our daughter and doing some gardening for an old lady in her back
garden and unknowingly comes against some cat sh1t, even though the
householder doesn't own a cat? Hardly likely to come across any dog
sh1t there is she and whilst she generally washes her hands before
eating, it's not always easy.

* touching or ingesting anything that has come into contact with
cat feces that contain Toxoplasma

I would assume the same goes for dogs too.

I'm sure there is something bad with most animal poo Dave, the point
is that why should I be at risk or have to deal with cat sh1t at all
when I don't even have a cat? I don't have a dog (or any pets atm) and
whilst I have cleaned up the odd instance of dog mess from the front
pavement, it's still not my (private) back garden and on my vegetable
patch. ;-(

* accidentally ingesting contaminated soil (e.g., not washing hands
after gardening or eating unwashed fruits or vegetables from a
garden)"

Some seemingly everyday actions ... especially for a 'cat owner'? ;-(

Not me, I've never found any fruits or vegetables in my garden you'll rarely see them on a plate to eat eather.

I meant (including) clearing out your cat's litter. You do do that
don't you?

The last thing I had from my garden was a carrot in 1995, still nothing to write home about.

;-)

Strange but a lot of farms tend to keep cats.

Or they 'inherit them more like? And it's not the same sort of thing
with cats and their fouling on a few hundred acres of farmland (if
they ever ventured that far out) versus my 4 sq m of veg patch in my
fenced back garden.

Think on all that when your cat (unlikely to be your dog) walks across
all the surfaces where *you* prepare food after it's carefully buried
it's cr*p in someone else's garden.

well my cat doesn't walk across food preparing work surfaces

How do you know that, OOI Dave?.

I've had 3 cats since about 1994 only one attempted to jump up on the kitchen work surface I said no sterly, grabbed hold of him and gentily throw him out.

And when you aren't there and they are?

and has never craped in anyone elses garden wel not in the last 4 years anyway.

As Andrew asks, how do you know? The only way you could would be that
your cat never goes outside (excellent),

correct she doen't that's how I know.

Good. I did link to a cat site that suggested indoor cats lived longer
and were happier and it should be the direction all cats should go in.

and as for my previous cat I had a webcam on the cat flat so knew exactly when heb went out and came in, filmed documented and shown on a pet program in the USA.

Cool. ;-)

your back garden is 100%
covered in or your cat too old / heavy / lazy to climb out?

She doesn;t want to go out in the garden she was like that with her 2 previous owners too. I leave the back door open she sits at the top of the stairs for 5 mins then goes back and settles down on the sofa.

Good girl. ;-)

It seems you have the ideal setup there (well, other than not having
one at all or them living in a different country or planet g) and I
think I speak for most non-cat owners there. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"jkn" wrote in message

wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get
hot,
and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I glued
carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make such a
fuss.
There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

You glued carpet grippers on top your cat?

Yes, it stops it sleeping upside down.

What breed is it?

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uplo...-cats-****.jpg

--
Adam

;-) ++! I laughed a lot at that, thanks Adam

Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsJLGJq6KpY

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 11:57:51 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

But it's rare.

--
Drugs lead nowhere, but it's the scenic route.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 18:39:24 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

but avery month or so you'll hear of a dog attack,

I'm not sure it's 'every month' (but then I don't go looking etc) but
you may well be right (even if not bad enough to make the news etc).

SWMBO got bitten by a dog last year on polling day.

Yup, it happens. My Mum nearly got her finger bitten off (and possibly
by her own dog) when her dog was attacked by another And she tried to
separate them (hers was on the lead, the other one wasn't (of
course)).

She actually did what it's said you should and stuck her finger up the
other dogs ar$e and it let go of her dog instantly!

Had to go to Medway
Hospital A&E.

She was ok presumably?

But it was really the useless toad of a dog-owner's
fault.

Yup, irresponsible people are all over the place. I can say with
conviction we have had dogs (mostly whippets) in our family most of my
nearly 60 years and not one of them has ever bitten anyone or attacked
anything. [1]

Still, being at the count that evening and being present when
Reckless got his ticket of leave made up for it to some extent.

(I'm sure that would mean something to someone). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] We took on a lurcher from the Wood Green Animal Shelter and soon
after getting him I was walking him (to heel) on an expanding lead in
a local park. We approached a lady walking a small white dog that
looked very much like a rabbit and just as we passed them, the lurcher
leapt ('lurched?') in front of me and in the same movement, grabbed
this 'thing' by the neck and threw it into the air. I batted my dog
away with my calf before he had another 'go' and the woman had a go at
me for 'kicking my dog'! No animals were hurt during the telling of
this story but I did keep him on a locked lead until we had him under
full control (and the problem taking on other peoples problems).

This is a picture of the most intelligent dog (bitch) I've ever come
across and we had her from about 6 months old. She was even called
'Kitty' (whilst on the cat theme, the name she came with from the
Whippet Rescue) and nicknamed 'Wilf' amongst other things). ;-)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772409/Wilf.jpg

(They think she was a whippet / terrier cross).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 18:55:38 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

snip

But 'best', depends how much you like you meat and if you are
expecting everyone to out and kill it themselves?

I think that everyone should visit a slaughter house.

Unfortunately (for me and many others) I think you are right mate.

I don't think you should be able to buy meat from the shops unless you
show your 'Attendance certificate'. ;-(

I think the chances are I'd probably give up the little meat I eat now
days entirely before getting my certificate ...

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip
Considering the topic I would have thought you would have at least
quoted the rest of the points mentioned on that link (but as I see you
are a cat owner I can see why you might not). ;-)

Well there's little point in postingthe whole page just the more important bits.

Quite, the bits that were important to the topic in hand. It was
clearly stating that it's the risks from cats poo. ;-(

Or any poo from any animal, which carries the same tiny little risk nobody worries about.

"Accidentally swallowing the parasite through contact with cat feces
that contain Toxoplasma. This might happen by

* cleaning a cat's litter box when the cat has shed Toxoplasma in
its feces

So we cat owners do clear up then,

Yes, from the inside of your own houses, again, not really the issue.
;-(

dogs just leave it in the park.

As cats do?

While some owners do clean it up.

Most dog owners do (or risk a fine if seen if they don't). Very few
cat owners do.

Then why am I always having to avoid it on pavements?

If you're gardening, you have a trowel in your hand for example. Scoop up the **** and drop it in the bin. Simple.

* touching or ingesting anything that has come into contact with
cat feces that contain Toxoplasma

I would assume the same goes for dogs too.

I'm sure there is something bad with most animal poo Dave, the point
is that why should I be at risk or have to deal with cat sh1t at all
when I don't even have a cat? I don't have a dog (or any pets atm) and
whilst I have cleaned up the odd instance of dog mess from the front
pavement, it's still not my (private) back garden and on my vegetable
patch. ;-(

If the cat is in your garden and you don't like it, fire something at it. A supersoaker 500, or a soft dart gun.

* accidentally ingesting contaminated soil (e.g., not washing hands
after gardening or eating unwashed fruits or vegetables from a
garden)"

Some seemingly everyday actions ... especially for a 'cat owner'? ;-(

Not me, I've never found any fruits or vegetables in my garden you'll rarely see them on a plate to eat eather.

I meant (including) clearing out your cat's litter. You do do that
don't you?

Cat litter is for people who have just bought a cat and are keeping it inside for the first two weeks to get it used to moving house. Why on earth would you have cat litter when you can let it do it outside? **** indoors ****ing stinks - why do you think we have extractor fans in bathrooms?

Strange but a lot of farms tend to keep cats.

Or they 'inherit them more like? And it's not the same sort of thing
with cats and their fouling on a few hundred acres of farmland (if
they ever ventured that far out) versus my 4 sq m of veg patch in my
fenced back garden.

It's cleaner to have cats than rats on your farm.

Think on all that when your cat (unlikely to be your dog) walks across
all the surfaces where *you* prepare food after it's carefully buried
it's cr*p in someone else's garden.

well my cat doesn't walk across food preparing work surfaces

How do you know that, OOI Dave?.

I've had 3 cats since about 1994 only one attempted to jump up on the kitchen work surface I said no sterly, grabbed hold of him and gentily throw him out.

And when you aren't there and they are?

It's nothing to worry about. We have an immune system which kills 99.9% of stuff we pick up.

The site is bull****. If cats preferred to go indoors, they would stay inside when a catflap is present. 99% don't. I heard of ONE that was nervous and stayed in.

and as for my previous cat I had a webcam on the cat flat so knew exactly when heb went out and came in, filmed documented and shown on a pet program in the USA.

Cool. ;-)

Invasion of the cat's privacy and totally unnecessary.

--
Drugs lead nowhere, but it's the scenic route.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:13:00 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsJLGJq6KpY

Brilliant (and true ducks). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"T i m" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 18:55:38 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

snip

But 'best', depends how much you like you meat and if you are
expecting everyone to out and kill it themselves?

I think that everyone should visit a slaughter house.

Unfortunately (for me and many others) I think you are right mate.

I don't think you should be able to buy meat from the shops unless you
show your 'Attendance certificate'. ;-(

I think the chances are I'd probably give up the little meat I eat now
days entirely before getting my certificate ...

Trust me. There are teens that do not know where potatoes come from (they
say "the supermarket" when asked)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:
snip

[...]

I was brought up with Labadors and Border terriers as pets.

I would love to have a dog but it would be left on it's own all day and so I
cannot have one. My cat has no idea I am at work as it is asleep most of the
day.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:42:19 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 18:55:38 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

snip

But 'best', depends how much you like you meat and if you are
expecting everyone to out and kill it themselves?

I think that everyone should visit a slaughter house.

Unfortunately (for me and many others) I think you are right mate.

I don't think you should be able to buy meat from the shops unless you
show your 'Attendance certificate'. ;-(

I think the chances are I'd probably give up the little meat I eat now
days entirely before getting my certificate ...

Trust me. There are teens that do not know where potatoes come from (they
say "the supermarket" when asked)

No, I believe you and I think it's a sad state of affairs.

I was reminded just how bad things are getting when a elderly family
friend was talking about dumping all her husbands old tools because
'none of the children want them'. ;-(

Or is it getting bad or is just things are changing away what most
here probably accepted as 'perfectly normal'?

Few want to be real (hands on / oily rag type) 'Engineers' these days,
preferring to sit in front of a screen programming stuff ... 'Software
Engineers'?

So, few service their own vehicles any more (even the bits they could
do), few fix their own household appliances (when in many cases they
could, if only they tried) and it seems few can even fit a plug top or
as you say, know where most of their food (or anything for that
matter) comes from. ;-(

I think they should dump religious / media studies at school and feed
them continuous episodes of 'How it' made' and 'Food unwrapped'
instead. Actual programs that relate to the world they live in, not
just following (and worse aspiring) to some bogus / faux 'celebrity.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I'm pleased to state that our (25 yr old) daughter has no
interest (what so ever) in any of that celebrity BS and of the little
television she watches, Mastermind and University Challenge are right
at the top (and she amazes us re just how much she knows about the
'older stuff'). ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher
escribió:

On 14/04/16 18:11, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
those going "neigh" being used to cheaply bulk meat out, to people in
other countries eating Fido for dinner.

All pretty good eating.

Sure, but try telling darling Chardonnay that her little pony is going
to be dinner.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.
(")_(") -- "Esme" on el Reg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:51:54 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

snip

I was brought up with Labadors and Border terriers as pets.

What I call 'proper dogs'. Anything from the working / hound family
even including things like std poodles (along with Dalmatians aren't
breeds you see very often these days) work for me. ;-)

I would love to have a dog but it would be left on it's own all day and so I
cannot have one.

Is the right answer. Well, you could, as long as it was either old and
slept most the time or you had someone who could give it a good walk
midday.

We were both at work when we had three dogs but one (or both) of us
were generally close enough to be able to give them the best part of
an hours walk every lunchtime.

My cat has no idea I am at work as it is asleep most of the
day.

Pointless things, well, unless it's a 'guard cat'? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 20:39:25 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:51:54 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

snip

I was brought up with Labadors and Border terriers as pets.

What I call 'proper dogs'. Anything from the working / hound family
even including things like std poodles (along with Dalmatians aren't
breeds you see very often these days) work for me. ;-)

I would love to have a dog but it would be left on it's own all day and so I
cannot have one.

Is the right answer. Well, you could, as long as it was either old and
slept most the time or you had someone who could give it a good walk
midday.

We were both at work when we had three dogs but one (or both) of us
were generally close enough to be able to give them the best part of
an hours walk every lunchtime.

Doesn't a dog only need one good walk a day? He could do that after work or before work.

--
I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist.
Then she told me the truth: that she was seeing a psychiatrist, two plumbers, and a bartender.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2016 22:55, Bob Eager wrote:
About 1 in 3000 can be male (XXY). Often sterile, and I believe they
often have physical and mental problems.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How can you tell?

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/04/16 18:11, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
those going "neigh" being used to cheaply bulk meat out, to people in
other countries eating Fido for dinner.

All pretty good eating.

--
The biggest threat to humanity comes from socialism, which has utterly
diverted our attention away from what really matters to our existential

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 21:18:57 +0100, Vir Campestris wrote:

On 13/04/2016 22:55, Bob Eager wrote:
About 1 in 3000 can be male (XXY). Often sterile, and I believe they
often have physical and mental problems.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How can you tell?

Arrows don't work. Most people have had proportional fonts for the last few decades.

--
You can't polish a turd, but it's funny as **** watching someone try.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:
snip

[...]

I only care for intelligent animals. I don't consider cows intelligent.

--
The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline Luggage. -- Mark Russell

Future proofing for UFH andrew UK diy 20 March 22nd 10 03:05 PM
Damp proofing mo UK diy 12 February 19th 08 10:48 PM
Draught Proofing Roly UK diy 4 May 23rd 07 06:34 PM
How to connect JVC Stereo Cassete Deck(KD-AD2),Stereo Integrated Amplifier(A-S7),Stereo Tuner(T-V3) to RCA Television(FMR 7277ER) Thaqalain Electronics Repair 0 July 30th 05 08:33 AM
Panasonic VCR quit playing back in hi-fi stereo, still records in hi-fi stereo larrymoencurly Electronics Repair 3 August 17th 03 11:08 PM