Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cat proofing a stereo

On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 16:11:53 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:25:06 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 10:40:51 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 02:15:52 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

Cats **** in flower beds and fertilise them,

I don't have a flower bed. I had a veg patch and do have gravel round
my outbuildings and that's often covered in other peoples pets faeces.

Your vegetables grow better with manure.

Yes, proper (vegetarian - horse) manure not cat sh1t that may contain
Toxocara.

Toxocara clearly isn't a problem since I've never seen it in the news.

Just because *you* haven't seen anything of it means nothing
(obviously).

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxoplasmosis/

How do people get toxoplasmosis?
http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxopla...info/faqs.html

A Toxoplasma infection occurs by:

Eating undercooked, contaminated meat (especially pork, lamb, and venison).
Accidental ingestion of undercooked, contaminated meat after handling it and not washing hands thoroughly (Toxoplasma cannot be absorbed through intact skin).
Eating food that was contaminated by knives, utensils, cutting boards and other foods that have had contact with raw, contaminated meat.How do people get toxoplasmosis?

"Toxoplasmosis is considered to be a leading cause of death attributed
to food borne illness in the United States."

(for example)

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxopla...pi.html#animal

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/comp...in-compost.htm

snip more irrational cat-owner nonsense and denial

Think on all that when your cat (unlikely to be your dog) walks across
all the surfaces where *you* prepare food after it's carefully buried
it's cr*p in someone else's garden.

well my cat doesn't walk across food preparing work surfaces and has never craped in anyone elses garden wel not in the last 4 years anyway.

and it;s better behaved and more inteligent than Wodney too.

Well what isn't you may add :-)