Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cat proofing a stereo

On Tuesday, 26 April 2016 21:28:01 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 25 April 2016 20:22:29 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Saturday, 23 April 2016 07:25:52 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
T i m wrote
whisky-dave wrote

The thing is (as I said elsewhere) all animals poop
it just becomes an issue 'where' in some cases and
the potential consequences of that when they do.

I can understand that but it's not easy to deal with.

No, true, other than by not choosing say a cat as a pet in the
first
place.

well they you end up with mice and rats isn;lt that
how the plague started when peole got rid of the cats.

Nope, the plague started when the plague showed
up with some travellers and not the gypsy sort.

The plague was carried by rats.

But didn't show up in Britain from Central Asia because rats walked
there.

it went from china to europe then to the UK.

But not by the rats walking from china to europe and then to Britain.

Not the plague sprad like that rather than the individual rats, just like a lot of plagues it's the virus that travels rather than the victims.
in that the person or rat in china that had the plague doesn't have to come to london for the plague to reach london.

Remember at least cats get rid of mice.

So do the best rat dogs.

You have to get the right dog.

Just like with anything else.

Not with cats,

Yep, plenty of cats don't bother with mice.

but enough do.

you just leave them to sort it out themselves, can;t do
that with a dog because they need handlers with them.

Must be why we have so many wild dogs, no handlers at all.

I thought you called them dingos or sheilas, when you learnt how to tell the differnce.

And they kill the rats and mice they catch
too, don't toy with them like cats do.

The dogs need to be trained

The best of the rat dogs don't.

No cat needs to be trained.

No rat dog needs to be trained.

Rat dogs are one breed, few poeple have rat dogs why is that ?

You don't need to train the herding breeds either,
the damned things herd anything, the chooks, the
kids, anything that moves. Hilarious to watch them.

you'd get a rat dog to lok after a blind person ?

cats don't, and you need specail rat dogs as you say.

Nope, just the right breed. Same with cats, there are
some lap cats that aren't interested in catching mice.

They aren;t the sort farmers get, they don;t convert lap cats
into rat cats. They just don't get the very dometicated cats.

They don't get anything, the cats just breed.

Teh are essentially wild then or ferral not the same as a dometicated cat which the farmer would have little use for.

Plenty go wild too and end up surprisingly different
physically, much bigger than the average domestic
cat, presumably because of survival of the fittest.

Same can happen with domestic cats.
One problem swith panadas is that if they had two cubs one will, get rejected and die they only look after one cub at a time.

Ah well I prefer something I don;t need to take out with
me. Not all pubs clibs cinimas, museumes, theartres,
stadiums even holiday resort will take a dog.

Plenty of dogs do fine left in the car.

Cats would too. But you should leave dogs
in cars for long periods they get stressed.

Bull**** they do.

they do.

Bull**** they do.

yes they do.

Those bloody wogs should speak english,

The French you mean.

They're all wogs.

its too hard to watch the cats and
read the subtitles at the same time.

why do you need to,

Because the subtitles are amusing.

Yes highly adaptive vision for changes
in light intensity rather than the colour.

Its just anything that moves.

or appears to move there's a differnce.

Don't get too many cats chasing cars tho.

No, I guess there's little in it for them,
I wonder what a dog gets out of it.

Just the same evolutionary trait thing.

I thought it was because dogs are stupid and have no sense of size or
scale

Nar, they'll chase anything, cattle, horse, kangaroos.

As I said stupid.

and some will chase anything that moves even if it can kill them.

That's why wolf packs can bring down cattle etc.

Yes dogs are pack animals

And that's why they can kill those large animals.

when in a pack but a lone dog chasing a car isnlt teh gemerous that you obviously see it as.

whereas cats tend to be more solitary animals.

Not all of them, lions are too.

Most by default.

So a dog thinks it can catch and brong down a car for supper.

It isnt necessarily for supper. They kill a lot of sheep and do
that more for sport than for food. They don't eat the sheep.

So why were you saying that cats aare stupid for playing with mice.
I'd rather have that on my farm than a dog killing sheep.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/separationanxiety.htm

Just because some fool claims something...

exactly lok for proof not listen to the fool who provide no proof.

Dogs are pack animals and it is not natural for a dog to be left alone.

Its much more complicated than that.

No it isn't. Dogs prefer company and for them it;s important to understand
where they fot in the hierachy of their pack which includes the human that own them. I guessed you've never watched the dog whisperer or anything on dog training.

Dogs can react to a lack of exercise and/or the stress of being
separated from their "pack member(s)" by becoming upset,
destructive, barking continuously, or eliminating in the house.

None of mine have ever done that.

Good for you, but how do you know ?
I bet the sun doesn;t rise while you;re sleeping either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_QEeofvBNY

They used heart rate monitors and
recorded the levels after the owner left.

Mine have always done fine.

So you have cameras and other monitors on yuor
dogs that yuo can monitor them when you leave.

The only thing I had to do was close the bedroom
door because the bugger preferred to sleep on the bed,
something he never even tried when I was at home.

why do you think that is.

He prefers it.

That's how some animals especailly dogs 'know'
when their owner is coming home from work.

In my parents case it was because dogs have much
better hearing that humans have and they can hear
the car coming.

As most peole worked regualr hours

My parents didn't. I didn't either.

they get to know the reducing sent from something yuo
take off and leave behind when you go to work hense
the bed. They can detect the fall off of scent by time.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

They have an excellent sense of time and you can
trivially prove that by feeding them at a particular
time and see them show up and demand to be fed
at that time. Nothing whatever to do with scent.

It's not teh most accurate but as their sense of smell
is so good they usually get to within the hour.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Cats heqard levels rose only slightly after their owners left
and only for 5 mins or so, while with dogs their highrate
peaked and remmained high for over 30 mins.

30 mins is nothing like the time most spend at work.

No that is when they ended the test the owener didn;t want their dogs
to be that stressed as they;d never left them alone for that long before.

So they don't have a ****ing clue about how dogs handle being left
alone all the time their owner is at work or even notice that works fine.

With a lot of dogs you have to take them out, unlike cats.

So if you don't want to do that, get a dog that doesn't need that.

Most dogs do need it,

Bull**** they do.

they do.

Bull**** they do.

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-advi...-dog-need.html

Just because some fool claims something...

I never did anything like that, fed the dog by using ****ing
great 10KG sacks of dried dog food that were just slashed
and left of the floor for the dog to help himself.

That dog never got fat, lived quite a bit longer than
others of that breed and never had any health problems.

I've never bothered with toy dogs, all have been
working dogs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 19:30:14 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 15 April 2016 21:27:27 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 16:42:29 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

One of the worst is where your cat feels the need to spray in it's own
house in order to warn off other cats. You do know cats are territorial
and this can cause serious fights.

Went to a customers house a few weeks ago (they had recently bought the
house). I knew the smell

You can teach a cat not to do so. They're bloody stupid and it takes a
while (you have to tell them off for each place they do it one by one).

and asked where their cat was. They did not have a
cat. They did have a cat flap:-)

For what purpose?

The previous owners had at least one cat, stupid.

Future proofing for UFH andrew UK diy 20 March 22nd 10 03:05 PM
Damp proofing mo UK diy 12 February 19th 08 10:48 PM
Draught Proofing Roly UK diy 4 May 23rd 07 06:34 PM
How to connect JVC Stereo Cassete Deck(KD-AD2),Stereo Integrated Amplifier(A-S7),Stereo Tuner(T-V3) to RCA Television(FMR 7277ER) Thaqalain Electronics Repair 0 July 30th 05 08:33 AM
Panasonic VCR quit playing back in hi-fi stereo, still records in hi-fi stereo larrymoencurly Electronics Repair 3 August 17th 03 11:08 PM