Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cat proofing a stereo

One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get hot, and when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I glued carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make such a fuss. There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get hot, and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I glued
carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make such a fuss.
There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

You glued carpet grippers on top your cat?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 20:50:03 +0100, ARW wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get hot, and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I glued
carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make such a fuss.
There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

You glued carpet grippers on top your cat?

Yes, it stops it sleeping upside down.

--
System error 4C: kernel panic
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 20:50:03 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news
One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get hot,
and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I glued
carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make such a fuss.
There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

You glued carpet grippers on top your cat?

Yes, it stops it sleeping upside down.

What breed is it?

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uplo...-cats-****.jpg

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, ARW wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 20:50:03 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get hot,
and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I glued
carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make such a fuss.
There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

You glued carpet grippers on top your cat?

Yes, it stops it sleeping upside down.

What breed is it?

Dunno, I got it free 2nd hand on Gumtree.

I can't spot it there. It looks like https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nzmb5xdet...0path.jpg?dl=0

--
In the 1400's a law was set forth that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick thicker than his thumb. Hence we have the "rule of thumb".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
news
wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get hot,
and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I glued
carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make such a fuss.
There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

You glued carpet grippers on top your cat?

Yes, it stops it sleeping upside down.

What breed is it?

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uplo...-cats-****.jpg

Love it, and spot on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
news
wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get
hot, and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I
glued carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make
such a fuss. There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

You glued carpet grippers on top your cat?

Yes, it stops it sleeping upside down.

What breed is it?

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uplo...-cats-****.jpg

I was always told that they were rather useful - if they are not, why are
you always chasing [1] them to get your's into their 'fur coats'? -;

[1] And commenting!

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 22:36:04 +0100, wrote:

ARW wrote:
news
wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get
hot, and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I
glued carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make
such a fuss. There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

You glued carpet grippers on top your cat?

Yes, it stops it sleeping upside down.

What breed is it?

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uplo...-cats-****.jpg

I was always told that they were rather useful - if they are not, why are
you always chasing [1] them to get your's into their 'fur coats'? -;

[1] And commenting!

Cash

I can only interpret your paragraph above to mean that Adam likes to take cats from behind.

--
During last night's high winds an African family was killed by a falling tree.
A spokesman for the Birmingham City council said, "We didn't even know they were living up there".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:
snip

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

snip

IMHO, they are all that breed, even if not on that chart. ;-)

If I had a dog that tried to get up on a surface where I prepared food
or climb all over my HiFi / PC / mantelpiece it would be taken down
the vet for a long sleep sharpish. [1]

The good thing of course is I've never had a dog do anything like that
(or crap in other peoples gardens) so never had the need for that long
walk.

A 'pet' cat is like having a loose pet hawk and it's only yours just
because / whilst you feed it now and again (when it's not feeding
itself (or just murdering for the fun of it) off the local wildlife).

Cheers, T i m

[1] It's as if you have to have a lobotomy when you take on a cat that
then allows you to consider their wanton vandalism and violent ways
'cute'.

'Awww look, Tiddles just knocked a full cup of tea over my brand new
Apple laptop ... what is he like ...'

(The answer was already and accurately provided by your chart of
course). ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 23:36:37 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:
snip

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

snip

IMHO, they are all that breed, even if not on that chart. ;-)

If I had a dog that tried to get up on a surface where I prepared food
or climb all over my HiFi / PC / mantelpiece it would be taken down
the vet for a long sleep sharpish. [1]

Cats don't dribble saliva everywhere they go, and tend to have clean paws.

The good thing of course is I've never had a dog do anything like that
(or crap in other peoples gardens) so never had the need for that long
walk.

The only reason they don't crap in other people's gardens is that you take the for a walk and tell them where to do it. It's not the type of animal that matters, it's the instruction.

A 'pet' cat is like having a loose pet hawk and it's only yours just
because / whilst you feed it now and again (when it's not feeding
itself (or just murdering for the fun of it) off the local wildlife).

Not if you teach it to leave birds alone. They can be taught as easily as dogs.

Cheers, T i m

[1] It's as if you have to have a lobotomy when you take on a cat that
then allows you to consider their wanton vandalism and violent ways
'cute'.

'Awww look, Tiddles just knocked a full cup of tea over my brand new
Apple laptop ... what is he like ...'

They are usually quite careful.

--
Engage brain before putting fingers in gear.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 23:41:54 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 23:36:37 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:
snip

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

snip

IMHO, they are all that breed, even if not on that chart. ;-)

If I had a dog that tried to get up on a surface where I prepared food
or climb all over my HiFi / PC / mantelpiece it would be taken down
the vet for a long sleep sharpish. [1]

Cats don't dribble saliva everywhere they go,

Nor did any of our dogs.

and tend to have clean paws.

As did our dogs?

The good thing of course is I've never had a dog do anything like that
(or crap in other peoples gardens) so never had the need for that long
walk.

The only reason they don't crap in other people's gardens is that you take the for a walk and tell them where to do it.

Quite, just as it should be in polite society don't you think?

It's not the type of animal that matters, it's the instruction.

Possibly, however I bet there are far fewer 'well trained' cats than
dogs out there, especially when it comes to when they do when 'under
control'.

A 'pet' cat is like having a loose pet hawk and it's only yours just
because / whilst you feed it now and again (when it's not feeding
itself (or just murdering for the fun of it) off the local wildlife).

Not if you teach it to leave birds alone. They can be taught as easily as dogs.

Really? I don't disbelieve what you say but I can't say I've ever seen
it in practice? In fact I can't say I've ever seen a cat reliably (if
ever) respond to any command, unless it involved food.

'Tiddles, come here ... ' (cat saunters off in the opposite
direction).

How easy is it to train them to be 'guide cats for the blind', or
'drug / money / cancer sniffer cats' or 'helper cats around the home'?

[1] It's as if you have to have a lobotomy when you take on a cat that
then allows you to consider their wanton vandalism and violent ways
'cute'.

'Awww look, Tiddles just knocked a full cup of tea over my brand new
Apple laptop ... what is he like ...'

They are usually quite careful.

Still more often found 'up on stuff' than most dogs ...

I can't remember ever asking for advice re how to stop any of my dogs
getting up on my stereo. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 23:54:14 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 23:41:54 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 23:36:37 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:
snip

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

snip

IMHO, they are all that breed, even if not on that chart. ;-)

If I had a dog that tried to get up on a surface where I prepared food
or climb all over my HiFi / PC / mantelpiece it would be taken down
the vet for a long sleep sharpish. [1]

Cats don't dribble saliva everywhere they go,

Nor did any of our dogs.

Most dogs do.

and tend to have clean paws.

As did our dogs?

Really? You take them for a walk and they come back home with magically clean paws?

The good thing of course is I've never had a dog do anything like that
(or crap in other peoples gardens) so never had the need for that long
walk.

The only reason they don't crap in other people's gardens is that you take the for a walk and tell them where to do it.

Quite, just as it should be in polite society don't you think?

Why are the needs of a human greater than that of a cat?

Cats **** in flower beds and fertilise them, dogs **** on pavements so you stand in it. I've never stood in cat ****.

A 'pet' cat is like having a loose pet hawk and it's only yours just
because / whilst you feed it now and again (when it's not feeding
itself (or just murdering for the fun of it) off the local wildlife).

Not if you teach it to leave birds alone. They can be taught as easily as dogs.

Really? I don't disbelieve what you say but I can't say I've ever seen
it in practice? In fact I can't say I've ever seen a cat reliably (if
ever) respond to any command, unless it involved food.

There you go then, you reward it with food, or more food, or nicer food, when it behaves. And do the opposite when it misbehaves. Yelling at or kicking the cat would also be effective.

'Tiddles, come here ... ' (cat saunters off in the opposite
direction).

How easy is it to train them to be 'guide cats for the blind', or
'drug / money / cancer sniffer cats'

Sniffing for drugs I do not consider to be useful.

or 'helper cats around the home'?

https://youtu.be/puYANVYxPys

[1] It's as if you have to have a lobotomy when you take on a cat that
then allows you to consider their wanton vandalism and violent ways
'cute'.

'Awww look, Tiddles just knocked a full cup of tea over my brand new
Apple laptop ... what is he like ...'

They are usually quite careful.

Still more often found 'up on stuff' than most dogs ...

If a dog was up on stuff, it would knock everything over every time.

I can't remember ever asking for advice re how to stop any of my dogs
getting up on my stereo. ;-)

I didn't ask for advice, I gave a simple method to stop it.

--
Hello, you have reached technical support.
Please dial 1 to report an issue, 2 to report a challenge, 3 to report a problem, or 4 to report a cockup.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 00:05:26 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

Cats don't dribble saliva everywhere they go,

Nor did any of our dogs.

Most dogs do.

Not the dogs I've mixed with. The breeds that do dribble are often
heavily crossbred (and not my idea of a 'good dog' either).

and tend to have clean paws.

As did our dogs?

Really? You take them for a walk and they come back home with magically clean paws?

They come back in with paws as clean as our feet or a cats paws for
the same surfaces (and often wash them if not clean in any case).

The good thing of course is I've never had a dog do anything like that
(or crap in other peoples gardens) so never had the need for that long
walk.

The only reason they don't crap in other people's gardens is that you take the for a walk and tell them where to do it.

Quite, just as it should be in polite society don't you think?

Why are the needs of a human greater than that of a cat?

Because that is the order of such things. That's why the human owner
would have action taken against them if they allowed their pet to make
antisocial levels of noise, or fouling or anything that affected other
humans.

It's not the type of animal that matters, it's the instruction.

Possibly, however I bet there are far fewer 'well trained' cats than
dogs out there, especially when it comes to when they do when 'under
control'.

Cats **** in flower beds and fertilise them,

I don't have a flower bed. I had a veg patch and do have gravel round
my outbuildings and that's often covered in other peoples pets faeces.

dogs **** on pavements so you stand in it.

Not if they are trained not to (or you clean up after them). If any of
the owners(?) of the cats that use my garden as a toilet knocked on my
door asking to clean their 'pet's' mess up I'd gladly let them.

I've never stood in cat ****.

You have been very very lucky then. I don't do it so often (in my own
back garden, even though I don't own a cat) since I fitted the passive
IR water blaster. ;-)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PestBye-Repe.../dp/B004YCUT4W

I wonder if there could be a 'cat tax' and these sorts of things could
be paid for out of that?

A 'pet' cat is like having a loose pet hawk and it's only yours just
because / whilst you feed it now and again (when it's not feeding
itself (or just murdering for the fun of it) off the local wildlife).

Not if you teach it to leave birds alone. They can be taught as easily as dogs.

Really? I don't disbelieve what you say but I can't say I've ever seen
it in practice? In fact I can't say I've ever seen a cat reliably (if
ever) respond to any command, unless it involved food.

There you go then, you reward it with food, or more food, or nicer food, when it behaves. And do the opposite when it misbehaves. Yelling at or kicking the cat would also be effective.

Quite. Not having(?) one in the first place would be more so. ;-)

'Tiddles, come here ... ' (cat saunters off in the opposite
direction).

How easy is it to train them to be 'guide cats for the blind', or
'drug / money / cancer sniffer cats'

Sniffing for drugs I do not consider to be useful.

Of course not (see the bit on lobotomies). weg

or 'helper cats around the home'?

https://youtu.be/puYANVYxPys

Sorry, I must have missed the bit where they fetch the mail, turn on
the light or pick up the dropped keys (or warn of a fire, or the phone
ringing ...). ;-)

[1] It's as if you have to have a lobotomy when you take on a cat that
then allows you to consider their wanton vandalism and violent ways
'cute'.

'Awww look, Tiddles just knocked a full cup of tea over my brand new
Apple laptop ... what is he like ...'

They are usually quite careful.

Still more often found 'up on stuff' than most dogs ...

If a dog was up on stuff, it would knock everything over every time.

Correct, and why most 'aren't allowed' to do that, should they ever
want / try to in the first place.

I can't remember ever asking for advice re how to stop any of my dogs
getting up on my stereo. ;-)

I didn't ask for advice, I gave a simple method to stop it.

True. Still, the sentiment still applies. You were telling us what
steps you had to do to prevent your (own) cat from doing things that
most dogs don't.

Just like the neighbours who put spikes or grease on the tops of their
fences, nets over their ponds or make sure they put bird feeders well
away from where cats would get good access to them. WTF should *they*
have to go though all that bother to protect their property from other
peoples pets?

I really hope they push to now get all cats chipped and their DNA
recorded. That way, when I find (yet more) cat cr*p in my back garden
I can get it tested, the owner found and fined. Maybe that might make
them think twice about letting *their* pet cr*p on *other peoples*
property?

You are a reasonable guy and have trained your cat to only use your
garden as a toilet so you would be up for that yes? ;-)

Anyway, I understand why you would (try to) defend your position so
can we leave it at 'Horses for courses'. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 00:48:25 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 00:05:26 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

Cats don't dribble saliva everywhere they go,

Nor did any of our dogs.

Most dogs do.

Not the dogs I've mixed with. The breeds that do dribble are often
heavily crossbred (and not my idea of a 'good dog' either).

Common dogs like Labradors dribble and lick.

and tend to have clean paws.

As did our dogs?

Really? You take them for a walk and they come back home with magically clean paws?

They come back in with paws as clean as our feet or a cats paws for
the same surfaces (and often wash them if not clean in any case).

Cats clean their paws. I have never seen a dog clean itself.

The good thing of course is I've never had a dog do anything like that
(or crap in other peoples gardens) so never had the need for that long
walk.

The only reason they don't crap in other people's gardens is that you take the for a walk and tell them where to do it.

Quite, just as it should be in polite society don't you think?

Why are the needs of a human greater than that of a cat?

Because that is the order of such things.

Stop evading the question. Why is your ego so great that you think you are more important than any other species?

That's why the human owner
would have action taken against them if they allowed their pet to make
antisocial levels of noise, or fouling or anything that affected other
humans.

Only if their neighbours are complete arseholes.

It's not the type of animal that matters, it's the instruction.

Possibly, however I bet there are far fewer 'well trained' cats than
dogs out there, especially when it comes to when they do when 'under
control'.

Cats **** in flower beds and fertilise them,

I don't have a flower bed. I had a veg patch and do have gravel round
my outbuildings and that's often covered in other peoples pets faeces.

Your vegetables grow better with manure.

dogs **** on pavements so you stand in it.

Not if they are trained not to (or you clean up after them).

That doesn't always happen.

If any of
the owners(?) of the cats that use my garden as a toilet knocked on my
door asking to clean their 'pet's' mess up I'd gladly let them.

I thought you were going to say you knocked on their doors and demanded it.

I've never stood in cat ****.

You have been very very lucky then. I don't do it so often (in my own
back garden,

Unless you walk through your flowerbeds, that would be unlikely.

even though I don't own a cat)

Makes no difference, they never **** in their own territory. If you buy a cat, you will get no more **** in your garden.

since I fitted the passive IR water blaster. ;-)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PestBye-Repe.../dp/B004YCUT4W

That's no good, it doesn't harm the cat.

I wonder if there could be a 'cat tax' and these sorts of things could
be paid for out of that?

A cat is not owned, it is free to roam. Good luck charging the cat itself.

A 'pet' cat is like having a loose pet hawk and it's only yours just
because / whilst you feed it now and again (when it's not feeding
itself (or just murdering for the fun of it) off the local wildlife).

Not if you teach it to leave birds alone. They can be taught as easily as dogs.

Really? I don't disbelieve what you say but I can't say I've ever seen
it in practice? In fact I can't say I've ever seen a cat reliably (if
ever) respond to any command, unless it involved food.

There you go then, you reward it with food, or more food, or nicer food, when it behaves. And do the opposite when it misbehaves. Yelling at or kicking the cat would also be effective.

Quite. Not having(?) one in the first place would be more so. ;-)

It's harder to train someone else's cat.

'Tiddles, come here ... ' (cat saunters off in the opposite
direction).

How easy is it to train them to be 'guide cats for the blind', or
'drug / money / cancer sniffer cats'

Sniffing for drugs I do not consider to be useful.

Of course not (see the bit on lobotomies). weg

I fail to see the connection.

Or more usually, a dog just bars all the ****ing time for no reason.

You said above about pets causing a nuisance to neighbours. Well dogs wake people up, they disturb the peace, cats make **** all noise. My uncle was fined £2000 for his barking dog.

[1] It's as if you have to have a lobotomy when you take on a cat that
then allows you to consider their wanton vandalism and violent ways
'cute'.

'Awww look, Tiddles just knocked a full cup of tea over my brand new
Apple laptop ... what is he like ...'

They are usually quite careful.

Still more often found 'up on stuff' than most dogs ...

If a dog was up on stuff, it would knock everything over every time.

Correct, and why most 'aren't allowed' to do that, should they ever
want / try to in the first place.

I could prevent my cats from doing so if I wished, but most places they go up onto they do not damage anything.

I can't remember ever asking for advice re how to stop any of my dogs
getting up on my stereo. ;-)

I didn't ask for advice, I gave a simple method to stop it.

True. Still, the sentiment still applies. You were telling us what
steps you had to do to prevent your (own) cat from doing things that
most dogs don't.

A simple step.

The big benefit of cats is they don't need taking for a walk.

Just like the neighbours who put spikes or grease on the tops of their
fences, nets over their ponds or make sure they put bird feeders well
away from where cats would get good access to them. WTF should *they*
have to go though all that bother to protect their property from other
peoples pets?

Because it's their property and they need to do whatever it takes to make it the way they want it.

I really hope they push to now get all cats chipped and their DNA
recorded. That way, when I find (yet more) cat cr*p in my back garden
I can get it tested, the owner found and fined. Maybe that might make
them think twice about letting *their* pet cr*p on *other peoples*
property?

You'd have to catch the cat first to identify it. And I wouldn't chip my cat. Good luck in proving it's mine. Just because it might come in my catflap and eat my cat food, I can very easily say it's a stray.

No, I would certainly not want them (4) ****ting in my garden. My next door neighbour but one has extensive flowerbeds which they love digging and ****ting in. It also keeps the guy amused trying to hit them with a supersoaker 500. And me amused watching him do so.

--
It said, "Insert disk #3," but only two will fit!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get hot,
and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I glued
carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make such a fuss.
There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

You glued carpet grippers on top your cat?

Yes, it stops it sleeping upside down.

What breed is it?

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uplo...-cats-****.jpg

--
Adam

;-) ++! I laughed a lot at that, thanks Adam

(I like a cat in small doses, and as long as they don't cr&p in our garden or give a child toxoplasmosis)

J^n

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Does not exactly look that good though, does it?
Unfortunately cats seem to be liking to be warm to almost the charring of
fur extent for some reason. When we had an open fire when i was young one
used to wedge itself on the mantle piece but occasionally its tail dropped
off right in front of the fire. Usually there was a smell of burned fur
after a few seconds, the cat woke up gave everyone in the room an accusing
look and sloped off to sleep as close to the airing cupboard as possible.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get hot, and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I glued
carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make such a fuss.
There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 02:15:52 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

Cats **** in flower beds and fertilise them,

I don't have a flower bed. I had a veg patch and do have gravel round
my outbuildings and that's often covered in other peoples pets faeces.

Your vegetables grow better with manure.

Yes, proper (vegetarian - horse) manure not cat sh1t that may contain
Toxocara.

snip

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, ARW wrote:

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uplo...-cats-****.jpg

You have a Manx cat? How did you come by that?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 10:53:47 +0100, Cursitor Doom wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, ARW wrote:

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uplo...-cats-****.jpg

You have a Manx cat? How did you come by that?

That doesn't look like a Manx cat, not like the one on the Wikipedia page anyway.

--
We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart -- H. L. Mencken
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 10:40:51 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 02:15:52 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

Cats **** in flower beds and fertilise them,

I don't have a flower bed. I had a veg patch and do have gravel round
my outbuildings and that's often covered in other peoples pets faeces.

Your vegetables grow better with manure.

Yes, proper (vegetarian - horse) manure not cat sh1t that may contain
Toxocara.

Toxocara clearly isn't a problem since I've never seen it in the news.

Why not be a vegetarian yourself and **** in the garden?

My cats are vegetarians, they eat fish and vegetables only.

--
Peter is listening to "DJ Markski - Ski Mix Volume 51"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm not a perfectionist. A few spikes on the top of the amp isn't a problem. I prefer function over form.

Cats have no intelligence at all.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 10:02:22 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Does not exactly look that good though, does it?
Unfortunately cats seem to be liking to be warm to almost the charring of
fur extent for some reason. When we had an open fire when i was young one
used to wedge itself on the mantle piece but occasionally its tail dropped
off right in front of the fire. Usually there was a smell of burned fur
after a few seconds, the cat woke up gave everyone in the room an accusing
look and sloped off to sleep as close to the airing cupboard as possible.
Brian

--
The wife said to me last night "If you turn the bedside lamp off I'll take it up the arse."
Maybe I should have waited for the bulb to cool down first.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get hot,
and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I glued
carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make such a fuss.
There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

You glued carpet grippers on top your cat?

Yes, it stops it sleeping upside down.

What breed is it?

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uplo...-cats-****.jpg

--
Adam

;-) ++! I laughed a lot at that, thanks Adam

(I like a cat in small doses, and as long as they don't cr&p in our garden or give a child toxoplasmosis)

Cite some examples of people dying of this disease.

--
The record of having had intercourse the most frequently goes to a boy who was recorded to have had intercourse about 52,000 times over a period of 30 years. This means he had intercourse on average 33.3 times a week.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 00:05:31 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
Cats don't dribble saliva everywhere they go, ....
and tend to have clean paws.

Really? You take them for a walk and they come back home with magically
clean paws?

We trained the cat to wait in the kitchen until his paws were clean and dry with the cat's towel.

I can't speak for other cats or their owners of course.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2016 21:27, Mr Macaw wrote:

I can't spot it there. It looks like
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nzmb5xdet...0path.jpg?dl=0

Is it female, or has it been crawling underneath an electricians van to
acquire those black smudges ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:25:06 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 10:40:51 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 02:15:52 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

Cats **** in flower beds and fertilise them,

I don't have a flower bed. I had a veg patch and do have gravel round
my outbuildings and that's often covered in other peoples pets faeces.

Your vegetables grow better with manure.

Yes, proper (vegetarian - horse) manure not cat sh1t that may contain
Toxocara.

Toxocara clearly isn't a problem since I've never seen it in the news.

Just because *you* haven't seen anything of it means nothing
(obviously).

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxoplasmosis/

"Toxoplasmosis is considered to be a leading cause of death attributed
to food borne illness in the United States."

(for example)

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/toxopla...pi.html#animal

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/comp...in-compost.htm

snip more irrational cat-owner nonsense and denial

Think on all that when your cat (unlikely to be your dog) walks across
all the surfaces where *you* prepare food after it's carefully buried
it's cr*p in someone else's garden.

You are welcome. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 16:11:51 +0100, T i m wrote:

[...]

I see plenty of news articles about deaths, and not one was of that disease. Quote a *UK* stat of a percentage of deaths caused by the disease.

--
If the Internet is a superhighway, then AOL must be a fleet of farm equipment that straddles five lanes and pays no heed to "Keep Right Except to Pass" signs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 15:19:31 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 12/04/2016 21:27, Mr Macaw wrote:

I can't spot it there. It looks like
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nzmb5xdet...0path.jpg?dl=0

Is it female, or has it been crawling underneath an electricians van to
acquire those black smudges ?.

Yes it's female. Do males not have black patches?

--
How do you confuse a blonde?
You don't. They're born that way.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 14:56:23 +0100, wrote:

On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 00:05:31 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
Cats don't dribble saliva everywhere they go, ....
and tend to have clean paws.

Really? You take them for a walk and they come back home with magically
clean paws?

We trained the cat to wait in the kitchen until his paws were clean and dry with the cat's towel.

I can't speak for other cats or their owners of course.

For some reason mud is not traipsed into my house from cats. I assume they clean them themselves.

--
"The Ten Commandments contain 297 words.
The Bill of Rights is stated in 463 words.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 16:18:09 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

I see plenty of news articles about deaths, and not one was of that disease.

Really?

Quote a *UK* stat of a percentage of deaths caused by the disease.

It's not all about deaths, it's ALL about the health risks to humans
and the common causes (cats):

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...m-8102860.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...s-8102711.html

https://www.tommys.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=389

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 16:50:24 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 16:18:09 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

I see plenty of news articles about deaths, and not one was of that disease.

Really?

Yes. I'd never even heard of that disease.

Quote a *UK* stat of a percentage of deaths caused by the disease.

It's not all about deaths, it's ALL about the health risks to humans
and the common causes (cats):

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...m-8102860.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...s-8102711.html

https://www.tommys.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=389

If you don't die, there was no problem.

--
Why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor when you can't drink and drive?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Cash" wrote in message
ARW wrote:
news
wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news One of my cats keeps sleeping on the amplifier, causing it to get
hot, and
when it jumps off it, it always knocks stuff off my desk. So I
glued carpet grippers on top of it. I've never seen a cat make
such a fuss. There was a loud yelp and it jumped off sideways.

You glued carpet grippers on top your cat?

Yes, it stops it sleeping upside down.

What breed is it?

Mine is the second one down on the first column.

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uplo...-cats-****.jpg

I was always told that they were rather useful - if they are not, why are
you always chasing [1] them to get your's into their 'fur coats'? -;

[1] And commenting!

Very few have a "fur coat" these days.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote in message
On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 00:05:31 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
Cats don't dribble saliva everywhere they go, ....
and tend to have clean paws.

Really? You take them for a walk and they come back home with magically
clean paws?

We trained the cat to wait in the kitchen until his paws were clean and
dry with the cat's towel.

I can't speak for other cats or their owners of course.

Mine is self taught to just walk in and climb onto the white bed sheets -
hence it is a ****.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/04/2016 21:27, Mr Macaw wrote:

I can't spot it there. It looks like
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nzmb5xdet...0path.jpg?dl=0

Is it female, or has it been crawling underneath an electricians van to
acquire those black smudges ?.

Yes it's female. Do males not have black patches?

I believe the combination of white, ginger and black is only
possible in a female. Or that's what I always thought.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/04/2016 21:27, Mr Macaw wrote:

I can't spot it there. It looks like
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nzmb5xdet...0path.jpg?dl=0

Is it female, or has it been crawling underneath an electricians van to
acquire those black smudges ?.

Yes it's female. Do males not have black patches?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...ntre-1-3609492
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:
snip

[...]

Best just to keep all "meat" animals in captivty with restricted space and
then slaughter them for human consumption then?

I know how it works - I have worked in the chicken factory at T*****, at
slaughter houses plus several farms.

My cat is a **** - 'but my cat is less of a **** than me and I am a human".

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 19:33:02 +0100, ARW wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:16:33 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:
snip

[...]

Most humans are meat animals, so he must want humans all caged.

I know how it works - I have worked in the chicken factory at T*****

Why the *****?

at slaughter houses plus several farms.

My cat is a **** - 'but my cat is less of a **** than me and I am a human".

--
The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/04/2016 21:27, Mr Macaw wrote:

I can't spot it there. It looks like
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nzmb5xdet...0path.jpg?dl=0

Is it female, or has it been crawling underneath an electricians van to
acquire those black smudges ?.

Yes it's female. Do males not have black patches?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...ntre-1-3609492

I was getting excited there as one of mine was (it ran off) exactly that colouring, but it was a female.

--
Q: What's the difference between an Irish funeral and an Irish wedding?
A: One less drunk.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/04/2016 21:27, Mr Macaw wrote:

I can't spot it there. It looks like
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nzmb5xdet...0path.jpg?dl=0

Is it female, or has it been crawling underneath an electricians van to
acquire those black smudges ?.

Yes it's female. Do males not have black patches?

I believe the combination of white, ginger and black is only
possible in a female. Or that's what I always thought.

200 females to 1 male according to genetics: http://www.theguardian.com/notesandq...-26177,00.html
Gingers are less gender specific, but still mostly male (I've got one).

--
NEWSFLASH!!! Bouncing elephantiasis woman destroys central Portsmouth

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 18:13:06 +0100, ARW wrote:

wrote in message
On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 00:05:31 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
Cats don't dribble saliva everywhere they go, ....
and tend to have clean paws.
Really? You take them for a walk and they come back home with magically
clean paws?

We trained the cat to wait in the kitchen until his paws were clean and
dry with the cat's towel.

I can't speak for other cats or their owners of course.

Mine is self taught to just walk in and climb onto the white bed sheets -
hence it is a ****.

Buy brown bed sheets, or fit an electric blanket with dangerously exposed wires.

--
Why don't Siamese cats come in pairs?

Future proofing for UFH andrew UK diy 20 March 22nd 10 03:05 PM
Damp proofing mo UK diy 12 February 19th 08 10:48 PM
Draught Proofing Roly UK diy 4 May 23rd 07 06:34 PM
How to connect JVC Stereo Cassete Deck(KD-AD2),Stereo Integrated Amplifier(A-S7),Stereo Tuner(T-V3) to RCA Television(FMR 7277ER) Thaqalain Electronics Repair 0 July 30th 05 08:33 AM
Panasonic VCR quit playing back in hi-fi stereo, still records in hi-fi stereo larrymoencurly Electronics Repair 3 August 17th 03 11:08 PM