Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Cat proofing a stereo

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 08:11:53 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

True, however, the discussion was about the fact that cats do (and
dogs don't) usually foul in *other peoples gardens* ... nor do dogs
typically climb all over the kitchen work surfaces etc etc.

Cats donlt normally climb all over work surfaces either,

Really? I'm pretty sure every house I've ever been in that has a cat
(or more than one) sees them up on pretty well everything they can?
Including sitting on peoples HiFi and laptops. ;-)

maybe some let them do

No maybe about it mate. ;-)

that but some let their dogs like their face, which is something I've never seen a cat do.

True, that does seem to be more of a dog thing but again, generally
doesn't affect anyone other than the person being licked (if they
allow the dog to etc). Not the same as someone making me some food
from a worktop walked over by their cat.

All animals poop, it's just where they do it and what happens next
that most people are bothered about.

Try which is why you see warnings in parks aimed at dogs not cats.

No, because neither cats nor dogs can read and few cat owners take
their cats out for a walk in the park. ;-)

Few dometics cats have killed humans

Only those poor b*stards who die in car accidents whilst swerving to
miss a 'free roaming' cat or all the people made ill because of the
toxins etc.

but avery month or so you'll hear of a dog attack,

I'm not sure it's 'every month' (but then I don't go looking etc) but
you may well be right (even if not bad enough to make the news etc).

but I wopnlt blamne the dogs 99% of teh time

No, quite, whilst any dog has the potential to attack anything (they
all come from wolves after all) most never do, even when provoked and
badly tortured. Unfortunately, dogs are easy to train and therefore
you will find some who are trained to attack (like Police dogs).

it's the owners and that is true of cat owners too who let their cat walk over kitchen work surfaces.

Sort of ... it is a cats natural desire to get up on stuff, be it
trees, on top of cars (much to our neighbours dismay because of the
damage done to their cars by cats). Cat's 'climb', that's what they
do, few dogs have ever been 'rescued from trees' by the Fire Brigade
for example. ;-)

I don't own a cat (never have, never would [1]) and therefore don't
see why I should suffer their mess in my garden, especially around my
vegetable patch?

I've seen vegatable patches protected from birds surely theres a safe way to protect them,

Yes, you can take measures and you often have to against 'wild'
animals. I don't see why anyone should have to from anyone else's

not that I know a lot about veg unless it comes out of a tin with a ring pull, and they say the best thing since sliced bread ....!!!!

I understand that even canned veg is better than no veg at all and
admit to relying on loads of frozen veg because our eating habits
aren't regular or predictable enough to not see loads of fresh veg go
into the recycling. ;-(

[1] Well, unless I 'lose my marbles'. ;-)

Assuming you started with any ;-P

Well, yes ... that sorta went without saying Dave. ;-)

Cheers, T i m