Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sound advice to Muslims

On 15/01/15 13:20, Huge wrote:
On 2015-01-15, Tim Watts wrote:
On 15/01/15 12:41, Huge wrote:
On 2015-01-15, GB wrote:

I can't see anything intrinsically wrong with laws banning alcohol

Fortunately, you're never going to be in a position to enact them.

here

I think I see GB's point - he said "intrinsically". I don't think he was
suggesting sharia law was an OK thing to enact in England. But if some
other country wants to, that's their business.

Absolutely.

I give not the slightest toss what deranged loons want to do in the festering
********s they call "home". But if they come here, they can damn well abide
by the norms of the society they now live in.

I agree. This is what people who take offence from Rotterdam's mayor's
comments fail to see.

My view on integration is you can bring with you whatever customs you
like as long as you don't expect the general populace to embrace[1]
them, or even make allowances (though you can ask[2]);

[1] If you have something fun going on, like interesting food, funky
celebrations and cool clothes, people might just ask if they can come to
your party anyway - this is the most positive side of multiculturism. If
your customs are at odds with the general populace, keep them at home
assuming they don't offend the basic laws - eg no sharia courts when the
country has a fully established legal system.

[2] I think it is perfectly reasonable for a jew or a muslim to work in
a supermarket and ask not to do meat counter duties as touching pork is
more than he can stand - because it's relatively simple to accommodate.
Not much different to accommodating someone with a shellfish allergy.

It would be totally unreasonable in my view for said person to apply to
work in a butcher's shop and then demand all pork is removed and no
longer sold. He may however ask to be supplied with working gloves to
avoid "touching" the stuff. That means you, Oxford University Press![3]
Ditto I would not expect a person with a shellfish allergy to be wanting
to work in a sushi kitchen.

It's balance - I do just want to make it clear that my views on
integration do not extend to "you have to drop everything and be totally
english". However, stop expecting the host country to bend over
backwards - it does nothing but breed resentment and it never works.

[3]
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/to...s-9976568.html

Although I doubt any muslims or jews have ever complained to them.
Probably the work of some white media studies politically correct
dipweed or someone who used to work in an inner London council.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-01-15, GB wrote:

Quite. Not sure who is the better comedian.

I find Al Murray excruciating. I saw his show, and I simply left.
Everybody else was loving it.

Humour is very personal. I have a long list of so-called "comedians" who
I find utterly unfunny; Reeves & Mortimer, Ben Elton and Ricky Gervais
for starters.

My list is not very long, but Al Murray and your three are high on the
list, along with Noel Fielding.

I've lost interest in comedy altogether. Always seems to me to be a
veiled attack on someone else, invariably by a thoroughly nasty piece of
work with close set eyes. Gags are dull and they've all been done
before. Laughter may be just some kind of nervous kneejerk reaction to
stress. I prefer smiling.
The moral maze is tricky one, but we went over to their place first and
we sure as hell weren't bothered about their customs. What we're
suffering could be seen as the last straw. I've never had a child killed
by a drone, so I hesitate to say how I might feel, or which god I might
pray to.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 22:54:44 UTC, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Medway Handyman
wrote:

On 14/01/2015 21:28, Bill Wright wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Al Murray is standing against Nigel Farage in Thanet South.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-30819779

They shouldn't be allowed to use the election system for publicity stunts.

Well it'll cost him £500 unless he gets 5% of the vote.

I would hope he'd get far more than that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/15 13:49, stuart noble wrote:

I've lost interest in comedy altogether. Always seems to me to be a
veiled attack on someone else, invariably by a thoroughly nasty piece of
work with close set eyes. Gags are dull and they've all been done
before. Laughter may be just some kind of nervous kneejerk reaction to
stress. I prefer smiling.
The moral maze is tricky one, but we went over to their place first and
we sure as hell weren't bothered about their customs. What we're
suffering could be seen as the last straw. I've never had a child killed
by a drone, so I hesitate to say how I might feel, or which god I might
pray to.

You can't win.

There are some comedians or comedies who/which are true genius -
Blackadder, although that did have a serious dig at a) peasants; b) the
Church; c) the Turks/French/Spanish

My favourites of all time:

Blackadder;

Monty Python;

Benny Hill (usually pilloried for being sexist, but I don't care)

Paul Hogan (see Benny Hill)

Ben Elton doing stand up;

Michael Mcintyre;

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 January 2015 11:56:53 UTC, GB wrote:
On 15/01/2015 11:48, Huge wrote:

An acquaintance was trying to convince me of your position a few weeks ago. I
then pointed out that she was sitting, with her face uncovered, in a pub,
drinking alcohol with a number of men unrelated to her. A situation which
would earn her 1000 lashes in some parts of the world.

(* Fit In or **** Off.)

Well, she would not do it in those parts of the world, then, would she?
She'd FIFO.

I can't see anything intrinsically wrong with laws banning alcohol or
prescribing particular dress codes. Try walking nude down Oxford Street
if you really think there are no dress codes in this country.

You mean those sexist codes where men are allowed to be topless but not women, I'm suprisred women aren't more concerned about this or teh fact that many women are in well paid jobs as PA sex reasons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 January 2015 12:00:02 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I can recall many Years ago there was some problem due to a clock that
had Jesus on the cross on it and the chime was every hour little men
came out and hammered in the nails for the hours. The world has not
ended since then, and most people, although they find it in bad taste or
gross, realise that its just dark humour. So yes, in many ways people
are entitled to be annoyed even outraged, but not go around doing
people harm over bad humour. At tg that rate, Bernard Manning would
never have lived past his 30 birthday.

It's not that long ago Mary Whitehouse initiated a trial of Gay News for
blasphemy in the UK.

Although I don't think she represented the majority even at that time -
and she herself became a subject of comedy.

It's not just Moslems who don't want anything they don't like said about
anything to do with their religion. Even more so in the US.

And Africa.

And (although not targetted at me) *I'm* generally careful to blame
"religion" as a whole as the christians have been just as bad as the
muslims (and still are in the whackier parts of the USA and Africa).

I dare say even the followers of the Roman, Greek and Norse gods did
their bit to "educate" unbelievers.

Freedom of speech usually means 'my right to criticise you' Commonly, not
the other way round, too.

I'm all for that. I've noticed the only group who get the **** taken out
of them on TV are gingers (Citizen Khan, target Dave the white
ginger-haired mosque manager) and maybe some slight ribbing in Dr Who
(Amy Pond).

Is that because gingers don't have an effective lobbying group?

No it's because they are evil daywalkers[1] ;-)

[1] southpark reference
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well, if one thing has come of this, *everyone* is talking about stuff
now - resentments, annoyances are all coming out into the open.

If this can be used to good effect for all "sides", then maybe the
deaths of the Charlie Hebdo staff will not have been in vain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2015-01-15, GB wrote:

I can't see anything intrinsically wrong with laws banning alcohol

Fortunately, you're never going to be in a position to enact them.

Someone from the planet Zog would find it very odd that a drug like
alcohol is freely available at just about any corner shop etc whereas
selling other similar ones incurs a prison sentence.

--
*War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Huge wrote:
My thoughts exactly. We need to live in harmony with our neighbours,
and making fun of things they hold dear is not the way to go about it.

And will they return the favour?

We're never likely to find out. Not while we consider the middle east to
be ours to interfere with as we see fit.

--
*I want it all and I want it delivered

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Frankly, if someone hates me, tries to take everything I have, and
enforces a code of conduct on me that I think is insane and will make my
life nasty, brutish and short, its all very well saying I must respect
his position, if as long as I respect it while I drive a bayonet through
his throat.

Which is exactly what started things off centuries ago. Think Crusaders
and so on. Followed by tit for tat ever since.

--
*A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
At which point the moral maze is solved: those that want to live like
semi-literate cattle herders should go to places where that is the
viable lifestyle. If they want the benefits accruing from a modern
industrial civilisation, they should adapt to the mores of the locale,
or **** off.

Fine. As a matter of interest, do you think 'terrorists' make all their
weapons themselves? Or even just rely on those they capture?

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Huge wrote:
My thoughts exactly. We need to live in harmony with our neighbours,
and making fun of things they hold dear is not the way to go about it.

And will they return the favour?

We're never likely to find out. Not while we consider the middle east to
be ours to interfere with as we see fit.

+1

The amount of money wasted on Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan would have
solved a shed load of problems here.

And we might still have a decent reputation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2015-01-15, R.G. Bargy wrote:
On 15/01/2015 11:56, GB wrote:
Try walking nude down Oxford Street if you really think there are no
dress codes in this country.

See "naked rambler" for example.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29800016

Fallacious; Reductio ad absurdum

You must have no imagination. Why should it be required by our society
that some parts of the human body *must* be covered - but not allow the
same with others?

--
*When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

And why 'mutual respect' only works if both parties agree to do it.

Frankly, if someone hates me, tries to take everything I have, and
enforces a code of conduct on me that I think is insane and will make my
life nasty, brutish and short,

Where do you get this notion from? Who, apart from the government, is
forcing a code of conduct on you?

If this is just xenophobia on your part, it's pretty close to paranoia.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/2015 1:57 pm, Tim Watts wrote:
[...]

I'm hard pressed to pick a "top ten" list of funny men/women, but I'll
have a stab at it.

Victor Borge (Easy - top by a mile)
Bill Bailey * (Also an easy decision)
Bob Newhart
Milton Jones *
Omid Djalili *
Micky Flanagan
Adam Hills *
Les Dawson
Blaster Bates
Tim Vine

Now I've typed those I'm still not sure which are my favourites, other
than the top three. There are no women in the list, but that doesn't
mean I don't enjoy women comics, they just don't make my top ten. The
ladies list starts:-

Victoria Wood
Joan Rivers
Shappi Khorsandi *

All the ones, male or female, with * asterisks, I've seen recently on
stage - along with quite a few others.

I suspect there are as many lists of favourite comics as there are people.

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
[2] I think it is perfectly reasonable for a jew or a muslim to work in
a supermarket and ask not to do meat counter duties as touching pork is
more than he can stand - because it's relatively simple to accommodate.
Not much different to accommodating someone with a shellfish allergy.

It would be totally unreasonable in my view for said person to apply to
work in a butcher's shop and then demand all pork is removed and no
longer sold. He may however ask to be supplied with working gloves to
avoid "touching" the stuff. That means you, Oxford University Press![3]
Ditto I would not expect a person with a shellfish allergy to be wanting
to work in a sushi kitchen.

Yet we banned smoking totally in places like pubs regardless of the
opinions of those who worked there. Allegedly to protect those working
there.

--
*It doesn't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Yet we banned smoking totally in places like pubs regardless of the
opinions of those who worked there. Allegedly to protect those working
there.

Uncontroversially (now, but not at the time), we require people in cars
to wear a safety belt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 January 2015 13:43:18 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
On 15/01/15 13:20, Huge wrote:

[...]

Is it ? if I were a vegetarian would the same apply ?
If you don;t want to touch pork best not to apply for a job where handling pork is part of the job description.

Not much different to accommodating someone with a shellfish allergy.

Not really as it's a belief rather than a medical condition.
If you're obese and addicted to cake best not to apply for a job at greggs.
Or more lilely it's an excellent reason ;-)

I don;t like hieghts so is it OK for me to get a job cleaning the chards windows and saying sorry I'm not going outside it's too high up.

It would be totally unreasonable in my view for said person to apply to
work in a butcher's shop and then demand all pork is removed and no
longer sold.

That would be unre4asonable.

He may however ask to be supplied with working gloves to
avoid "touching" the stuff.

For me that would depend on what;'s supplied to others I would not treat that person differnelty from everyones else.
Same if somnepone said they have a hygene phobia and couldn;t touch the door handle without gloves, I'd tell them to buy thier own gloves.

That means you, Oxford University Press![3]
Ditto I would not expect a person with a shellfish allergy to be wanting
to work in a sushi kitchen.

It's balance -

I'm not so sure it is a balance. Yopu set laws a rules for those that are inhabiting the country rather than for teh benifit of those that don't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Huge wrote:
My thoughts exactly. We need to live in harmony with our neighbours,
and making fun of things they hold dear is not the way to go about it.

And will they return the favour?

We're never likely to find out. Not while we consider the middle east to
be ours to interfere with as we see fit.

That may be your attitude, but it isn't mine and hasn't been the West's
since WWII

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/15 14:48, GB wrote:

And why 'mutual respect' only works if both parties agree to do it.

Frankly, if someone hates me, tries to take everything I have, and
enforces a code of conduct on me that I think is insane and will make my
life nasty, brutish and short,

Where do you get this notion from? Who, apart from the government, is
forcing a code of conduct on you?

No one yet, apart from government, but just research what radical Islam
*wants* to enforce here, and *does* enforce in areas it controls..

If this is just xenophobia on your part, it's pretty close to paranoia.

You are priceless. I've been around the world, and lived in many
different cultures. You appear to think they are 'just like yours' Let
me assure you, they are not.

Are you afraid to cross the road blindfold? silly man. Baseless paranoia
and vehicalophobia!

Let me assure you that in te case of radical islamists, they *are* out
to get you, and me, and they are clear in their statement of it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 January 2015 13:49:38 UTC, stuart noble wrote:

I've lost interest in comedy altogether. Always seems to me to be a
veiled attack on someone else, invariably by a thoroughly nasty piece of
work with close set eyes.

Can't see anything wrong with that. For me it's rarley close set eyes anyway.

Gags are dull and they've all been done
before.

I do hear new ones from time to time.

Laughter may be just some kind of nervous kneejerk reaction to
stress.

That's crying isn;t it.

I prefer smiling.
The moral maze is tricky one, but we went over to their place first and
we sure as hell weren't bothered about their customs. What we're
suffering could be seen as the last straw. I've never had a child killed
by a drone, so I hesitate to say how I might feel, or which god I might
pray to.

God should be able to protect the innocent from drones.

If I were religious I'd state that anyone killed by a drone is Gods will.
Nop one can argue with a belief can they ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/15 15:04, whisky-dave wrote:

[2] I think it is perfectly reasonable for a jew or a muslim to work in
a supermarket and ask not to do meat counter duties as touching pork is
more than he can stand - because it's relatively simple to accommodate.

Is it ? if I were a vegetarian would the same apply ?
If you don;t want to touch pork best not to apply for a job where handling pork is part of the job description.

That was my entire point.

It's perfectly possible for a large employer to "slot people in" without
any real aggravation. This is why I compared a supermarket with a
butcher. The latter cannot accommodate anti-porcine wishes without
changing their entire practise. A supermarket can trivially say "OK, you
can do shelf, tills and veg".

Not much different to accommodating someone with a shellfish allergy.

Not really as it's a belief rather than a medical condition.
If you're obese and addicted to cake best not to apply for a job at greggs.
Or more lilely it's an excellent reason ;-)

I don;t like hieghts so is it OK for me to get a job cleaning the chards windows and saying sorry I'm not going outside it's too high up.

No, but you might reasonably expect to work for a cleaning contractor
and only do low down work like inside the building or ground floor level.

[...]

All I;m saying is I have no problems with low cost accommodations - it's
when people want to change everything it becomes untenable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 January 2015 14:49:27 UTC, Bob Henson wrote:

I suspect there are as many lists of favourite comics as there are people.

I quite like comedy shows, such as

southpark
american dad
family guy.

The above take the **** out of ourselves or rather our own culture.
The southpark episode were everyones against the killing of dolphines and whales, but has no problem with our own 'culture' killing cows chickens, pigs etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB explained :

Quite. Not sure who is the better comedian.

I find Al Murray excruciating. I saw his show, and I simply left. Everybody
else was loving it.

Am I the only one, who had to look up 'Al Murray', to find out who he
was?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2015-01-15, GB wrote:

I can't see anything intrinsically wrong with laws banning alcohol

Fortunately, you're never going to be in a position to enact them.

Someone from the planet Zog would find it very odd that a drug like
alcohol is freely available at just about any corner shop etc whereas
selling other similar ones incurs a prison sentence.

AND then you find out that there are more drugs in the prison :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/15 15:24, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
GB explained :

Quite. Not sure who is the better comedian.

I find Al Murray excruciating. I saw his show, and I simply left.
Everybody else was loving it.

Am I the only one, who had to look up 'Al Murray', to find out who he was?

yes. I didn't even bother to look him up. I haven't found any comedian
funny in years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
We're never likely to find out. Not while we consider the middle east
to be ours to interfere with as we see fit.

That may be your attitude, but it isn't mine and hasn't been the West's
since WWII

Err, which planet are you living on now?

Besides, WW2 is still within living memory. And plenty have very long
memories.

--
*Great groups from little icons grow *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
No one yet, apart from government, but just research what radical Islam
*wants* to enforce here

And likely everywhere else in the world. No different from other nutters
who have different religions.

Oh - and of course all those missionaries sent out from the UK not so long
ago. To 'civilise' heathens.

--
*Sorry, I don't date outside my species.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Al Murray is standing against Nigel Farage in Thanet South.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-30819779

They shouldn't be allowed to use the election system for publicity
stunts.

Well it'll cost him £500 unless he gets 5% of the vote.

I would hope he'd get far more than that.

I had to look this guy up as I had never heard of him. Oh yes, this is a guy
that says "****ing" a lot. Yup, dumb Britain will give him plenty of votes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
It's perfectly possible for a large employer to "slot people in" without
any real aggravation. This is why I compared a supermarket with a
butcher. The latter cannot accommodate anti-porcine wishes without
changing their entire practise. A supermarket can trivially say "OK, you
can do shelf, tills and veg".

I used to work with someone who objected working on a Sunday - through
religious grounds. And in TV, Sunday was just another working day. Your
'weekend' could be any two days in the week. This was worked round by
swapping him for another. However, he did appear on a Sunday - if offered
it as overtime. ;-)

--
*It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

I've never heard of the last three, but +1 on the others.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Mr Pounder
wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 15/01/2015 15:24, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
GB explained :

Quite. Not sure who is the better comedian.

I find Al Murray excruciating. I saw his show, and I simply left.
Everybody else was loving it.

Am I the only one, who had to look up 'Al Murray', to find out who he
was?

Seems like it.

Nope, I had to.

and I would have needed to, except that I don't give a monkey's.

I needed to find out who was being talked about. Then I wished that I had
not bothered.

--
"Once you adopt the unix paradigm, the variants cease to be a problem -
you

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harryagain" wrote in message
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-tells-4970496

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rorist_attacks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote :
Because if they import their morality and impose it, they will in the end
destroy the society they import it to. And the socio-economic engine that
allows them to live there.

Perhaps that is the aim of the people who fill their heads with such
nonsense.

What, camel trains making their way down the M1?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
In article ,
Huge wrote:
My thoughts exactly. We need to live in harmony with our neighbours,
and making fun of things they hold dear is not the way to go about it.

And will they return the favour?

We're never likely to find out. Not while we consider the middle east to
be ours to interfere with as we see fit.

+1

The amount of money wasted on Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan would have
solved a shed load of problems here.

Well you can blame your socialist friend Bliar for that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
harryagain wrote:
The amount of money wasted on Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan would have
solved a shed load of problems here.

Well you can blame your socialist friend Bliar for that.

Re-writing history again Harry?

--
*A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it uses up a thousand times more memory.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/15 15:55, Mr Pounder wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message

My favourites of all time:

Blackadder;

Monty Python;

Benny Hill (usually pilloried for being sexist, but I don't care)

Paul Hogan (see Benny Hill)

Ben Elton doing stand up;

Michael Mcintyre;

I've never heard of the last three, but +1 on the others.

Ok - Paul Hogan - apart from "Crocodile Dundee", "The Paul Hogan Show"
was once of the launch pins of Channel 4 because it was fresh and a bit
"naughty" and they managed to say "******" on evening TV (there was a
hapless stuntman played by Hogan called Leo ******).

Ben Elton is responsible for writing quite a bit of comedy, including
some of the Blackadders and The Young Ones. But he did limited stand up too.

Michael McIntyre is very "now" - very Dave Allen in style but with less
religion - turns everyday happenings into a stream.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 January 2015 15:20:23 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
On 15/01/15 15:04, whisky-dave wrote:

[2] I think it is perfectly reasonable for a jew or a muslim to work in
a supermarket and ask not to do meat counter duties as touching pork is
more than he can stand - because it's relatively simple to accommodate..

Is it ? if I were a vegetarian would the same apply ?
If you don;t want to touch pork best not to apply for a job where handling pork is part of the job description.

That was my entire point.

Not quite.

It's perfectly possible for a large employer to "slot people in" without
any real aggravation.

it might not be possible, there was a case where a muslim women didn;t want to serve alchol to anyonme put she woprked at checkout.
Yes of course you could have a non-alchol isle but I don;t think that's a good idea.

This is why I compared a supermarket with a
butcher. The latter cannot accommodate anti-porcine wishes without
changing their entire practise. A supermarket can trivially say "OK, you
can do shelf, tills and veg".

it can but when on the tills you might have to handle the meat that's in bags.
If teh supwermarket allows vegitarians not to shel;f meat and vegans not to touch what they don;t want to fine. But these things are all just beliefs.
Anyone can have beliefs.

Not much different to accommodating someone with a shellfish allergy.

Not really as it's a belief rather than a medical condition.
If you're obese and addicted to cake best not to apply for a job at greggs.
Or more lilely it's an excellent reason ;-)

I don;t like hieghts so is it OK for me to get a job cleaning the chards windows and saying sorry I'm not going outside it's too high up.

No, but you might reasonably expect to work for a cleaning contractor
and only do low down work like inside the building or ground floor level.

If there is such a job. I doubt the companies that clean windows have two sets of employeees one for ground floor and then everyone else.

I'm not so sure it is a balance. Yopu set laws a rules for those that are inhabiting the country rather than for teh benifit of those that don't.

All I;m saying is I have no problems with low cost accommodations -

Are you refering to those that are renting out garden sheds as houses ?

it's
when people want to change everything it becomes untenable.

It's happening with halal meat, nothing wrong with that until you suspect or realsie the reason halal meat is being sold isn't really down to religion but cost. You don't need all the checks in place for the non cruelty of animals and you'll find of allowed, the hygena also suffers.
Some halal butchers are fine and are clean while others leave a lot to be desired and I bet they ARE breaking the law.

https://www.facebook.com/BOYCOTTxHAL...86648021467082