Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sound advice to Muslims

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-tells-4970496

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/01/2015 17:52, harryagain wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-tells-4970496

Which can be summarised as FIFO.

Courtesy of a boss from a former life: Fit In or F**k Off
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/01/2015 17:52, harryagain wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-tells-4970496

Brilliant!
It needed saying. We need politicians in *this* country like that...oh!
I forgot, we've got our Mr Farrage :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

**** off ****.

--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harryagain" wrote in message
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-tells-4970496

Spineless Britain would not dare to say that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/01/2015 18:05, Bod wrote:
On 14/01/2015 17:52, harryagain wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-tells-4970496

Brilliant!
It needed saying. We need politicians in *this* country like that...oh!
I forgot, we've got our Mr Farrage :-)

Al Murray is standing against Nigel Farage in Thanet South.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-30819779

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 17:53:01 UTC, harry wrote:

I thought this was going to be about public address systems for minarets.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Al Murray is standing against Nigel Farage in Thanet South.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-30819779

They shouldn't be allowed to use the election system for publicity stunts.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/01/2015 21:28, Bill Wright wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Al Murray is standing against Nigel Farage in Thanet South.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-30819779

They shouldn't be allowed to use the election system for publicity stunts.

Bill

I'd put money on him beating the Green party candidate. How funny would
that be!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 22:54:40 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Al Murray is standing against Nigel Farage in Thanet South.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-30819779

They shouldn't be allowed to use the election system for publicity
stunts.

Well it'll cost him £500 unless he gets 5% of the vote.

Cheap at the price.

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Al Murray is standing against Nigel Farage in Thanet South.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-30819779

They shouldn't be allowed to use the election system for publicity stunts.

The offbeat candidates make the elections interesting.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 14/01/2015 18:05, Bod wrote:
On 14/01/2015 17:52, harryagain wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-tells-4970496

Brilliant!
It needed saying. We need politicians in *this* country like that...oh!
I forgot, we've got our Mr Farrage :-)

Al Murray is standing against Nigel Farage in Thanet South.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-30819779

Quite. Not sure who is the better comedian.

--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message ...

**** off ****.

- --
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

.... stuck up your arse which caused the brain damage.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I can recall many Years ago there was some problem due to a clock that had
Jesus on the cross on it and the chime was every hour little men came out
and hammered in the nails for the hours.
The world has not ended since then, and most people, although they find it
in bad taste or gross, realise that its just dark humour.
So yes, in many ways people are entitled to be annoyed even outraged, but
not go around doing people harm over bad humour. At tg that rate, Bernard
Manning would never have lived past his 30 birthday.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"R.G. Bargy" wrote in message
On 14/01/2015 17:52, harryagain wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-tells-4970496

Which can be summarised as FIFO.

Courtesy of a boss from a former life: Fit In or F**k Off

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/15 08:38, Brian Gaff wrote:
I can recall many Years ago there was some problem due to a clock that had
Jesus on the cross on it and the chime was every hour little men came out
and hammered in the nails for the hours.
The world has not ended since then, and most people, although they find it
in bad taste or gross, realise that its just dark humour.
So yes, in many ways people are entitled to be annoyed even outraged, but
not go around doing people harm over bad humour. At tg that rate, Bernard
Manning would never have lived past his 30 birthday.
Brian

My view is:

If your god is unable to deal with mockers and thus you feel the need to
avenge on his behalf, then you need a new god...

Applies to all religions where people get in a tizzy about stuff...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

My advice is:

FIFO

(fit in or **** off)

and

"Your Country Needs You" Go back.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

It's got nothing to do with gods. It's actually about fools that are
actually
stupid enough to end up dead for something as trivial as that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/2015 9:15 am, john james wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

Quite. One of the things I would have liked to have lived to see was
when we reached a sufficient degree of education on a global scale for
all religions and other such primitive superstitions to spontaneously
disappear up their own mythological fundaments - because until that
happens we will never have any hope of peace and co-existence. It looks
as though I will be disappointed - we're still a long way off.

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with
chocolate.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

Rather unlikely tho given the last few millennia of history.

- because until that happens we will never
have any hope of peace and co-existence.

It remains to be seen if that is even possible.

It looks as though I will be disappointed
- we're still a long way off.

Yeah, the god botherers are still by far the majority.

Least they don’t get to burn us at the stake anymore.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/15 09:15, john james wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

I think you may have missed my point...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Quite. Not sure who is the better comedian.

I find Al Murray excruciating. I saw his show, and I simply left.
Everybody else was loving it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 15 January 2015 10:19:57 UTC, GB wrote:

Quite. Not sure who is the better comedian.

I find Al Murray excruciating. I saw his show, and I simply left.
Everybody else was loving it.

you are an Al Murray and ICM5P

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/15 10:19, GB wrote:

Quite. Not sure who is the better comedian.

I find Al Murray excruciating. I saw his show, and I simply left.
Everybody else was loving it.

Me too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I can recall many Years ago there was some problem due to a clock that
had Jesus on the cross on it and the chime was every hour little men
came out and hammered in the nails for the hours. The world has not
ended since then, and most people, although they find it in bad taste or
gross, realise that its just dark humour. So yes, in many ways people
are entitled to be annoyed even outraged, but not go around doing
people harm over bad humour. At tg that rate, Bernard Manning would
never have lived past his 30 birthday.

It's not that long ago Mary Whitehouse initiated a trial of Gay News for
blasphemy in the UK.

It's not just Moslems who don't want anything they don't like said about
anything to do with their religion. Even more so in the US.

Freedom of speech usually means 'my right to criticise you' Commonly, not
the other way round, too.

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
If your god is unable to deal with mockers and thus you feel the need to
avenge on his behalf, then you need a new god...

Quite. All gods are all powerful. If they got upset by insults they could
presumably fight their own battle. Don't need some toady doing it for them.

--
*WHY IS IT CALLED TOURIST SEASON IF WE CAN'T SHOOT AT THEM?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
My advice is:

FIFO

(fit in or **** off)

That would be fine if you applied it to every country. But of course that
wouldn't do.

Those who say this sort of thing want others to conform to their idea of
the norm - never the other way round.

--
*WHOSE CRUEL IDEA WAS IT FOR THE WORD 'LISP' TO HAVE 'S' IN IT?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
GB wrote:

Quite. Not sure who is the better comedian.

I find Al Murray excruciating. I saw his show, and I simply left.
Everybody else was loving it.

As I said. Like Farage.

--
*What happens when none of your bees wax? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 15/01/2015 11:25, stuart noble wrote:

Given what's going on in the world, I don't think I'd be lampooning the
prophet. It may well be as offensive to many as a cartoon of Jimmy
Saville buggering a disabled toddler might be to us. Just because we in
the west have abandoned religion in favour of shopping, doesn't mean
other people don't feel strongly about it, and doesn't stop a handful of
nutters gravitating towards a cause that allows them to kill people.
When psychopaths have god on their side, you're in big trouble.

My thoughts exactly. We need to live in harmony with our neighbours, and
making fun of things they hold dear is not the way to go about it.

Virtually all Muslims in this country are very peaceful and law-abiding.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 15/01/2015 11:48, Huge wrote:

An acquaintance was trying to convince me of your position a few weeks ago. I
then pointed out that she was sitting, with her face uncovered, in a pub,
drinking alcohol with a number of men unrelated to her. A situation which
would earn her 1000 lashes in some parts of the world.

(* Fit In or **** Off.)

Well, she would not do it in those parts of the world, then, would she?
She'd FIFO.

I can't see anything intrinsically wrong with laws banning alcohol or
prescribing particular dress codes. Try walking nude down Oxford Street
if you really think there are no dress codes in this country.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I can recall many Years ago there was some problem due to a clock that
had Jesus on the cross on it and the chime was every hour little men
came out and hammered in the nails for the hours. The world has not
ended since then, and most people, although they find it in bad taste or
gross, realise that its just dark humour. So yes, in many ways people
are entitled to be annoyed even outraged, but not go around doing
people harm over bad humour. At tg that rate, Bernard Manning would
never have lived past his 30 birthday.

It's not that long ago Mary Whitehouse initiated a trial of Gay News for
blasphemy in the UK.

Although I don't think she represented the majority even at that time -
and she herself became a subject of comedy.

It's not just Moslems who don't want anything they don't like said about
anything to do with their religion. Even more so in the US.

And Africa.

And (although not targetted at me) *I'm* generally careful to blame
"religion" as a whole as the christians have been just as bad as the
muslims (and still are in the whackier parts of the USA and Africa).

I dare say even the followers of the Roman, Greek and Norse gods did
their bit to "educate" unbelievers.

Freedom of speech usually means 'my right to criticise you' Commonly, not
the other way round, too.

I'm all for that. I've noticed the only group who get the **** taken out
of them on TV are gingers (Citizen Khan, target Dave the white
ginger-haired mosque manager) and maybe some slight ribbing in Dr Who
(Amy Pond).

Is that because gingers don't have an effective lobbying group?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
My advice is:

FIFO

(fit in or **** off)

That would be fine if you applied it to every country. But of course that
wouldn't do.

Those who say this sort of thing want others to conform to their idea of
the norm - never the other way round.

Dunno - ever tried holding a german sausage and beer party in Iran?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/15 09:14, DerbyBorn wrote:
My advice is:

FIFO

(fit in or **** off)

As said the Muslim Bergemeester of Rotterdam.

And he was very clearly addressing his comments to murdering jihadist
nutters, not regular joes.

I really do not get these nutjobs.

The majority of muslims I know carry on like everyone else - you only
tend to be particularly aware they are muslims when it's Ramadan - rest
of the time it doesn't really come up - like any other religion.

All these thugs are doing is polarising a bunch of people against them,
and polarising the knuckle draggers and hard-of-thinking against all
muslims. And it's not just "whites" vs "muslims". The nutjobs have
managed to drag the jews into this one too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/15 11:25, stuart noble wrote:

Given what's going on in the world, I don't think I'd be lampooning the
prophet. It may well be as offensive to many as a cartoon of Jimmy
Saville buggering a disabled toddler might be to us.

That's probably quite an illustrative example.

However, in the latter case, there would be extreme outrage and many
letters to the Daily Mail and Twitter would explode. Quite possibly
legal injunctions would follow. But I very much doubt anyone would shoot
anyone.

Part of the problem here is that ridiculously OTT reactions just invite
further ridicule, either to "defend free speech" or "just because".

Just because we in
the west have abandoned religion in favour of shopping, doesn't mean
other people don't feel strongly about it, and doesn't stop a handful of
nutters gravitating towards a cause that allows them to kill people.

When psychopaths have god on their side, you're in big trouble.

That does seem to be the universal constant. Look at the old testament
for a bit of "righteous smiting". It's full of it - either god does the
smiting or his little helpers do it for him.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/15 11:51, GB wrote:
On 15/01/2015 11:25, stuart noble wrote:

Given what's going on in the world, I don't think I'd be lampooning the
prophet. It may well be as offensive to many as a cartoon of Jimmy
Saville buggering a disabled toddler might be to us. Just because we in
the west have abandoned religion in favour of shopping, doesn't mean
other people don't feel strongly about it, and doesn't stop a handful of
nutters gravitating towards a cause that allows them to kill people.
When psychopaths have god on their side, you're in big trouble.

My thoughts exactly. We need to live in harmony with our neighbours, and
making fun of things they hold dear is not the way to go about it.

I disagree slightly. I would prefer to live in a country where "they"
feel free to take the **** out of "me" and vice versa. I think it's
actually far healthier than everyone being all repressed.

There's a huge chasm between taking the **** and tormenting someone.

Virtually all Muslims in this country are very peaceful and law-abiding.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-01-15, GB wrote:

I can't see anything intrinsically wrong with laws banning alcohol

Fortunately, you're never going to be in a position to enact them.

here

I think I see GB's point - he said "intrinsically". I don't think he was
suggesting sharia law was an OK thing to enact in England. But if some
other country wants to, that's their business.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-01-15, GB wrote:
On 15/01/2015 11:25, stuart noble wrote:

Given what's going on in the world, I don't think I'd be lampooning the
prophet. It may well be as offensive to many as a cartoon of Jimmy
Saville buggering a disabled toddler might be to us. Just because we in
the west have abandoned religion in favour of shopping, doesn't mean
other people don't feel strongly about it, and doesn't stop a handful of
nutters gravitating towards a cause that allows them to kill people.
When psychopaths have god on their side, you're in big trouble.

My thoughts exactly. We need to live in harmony with our neighbours, and
making fun of things they hold dear is not the way to go about it.

And will they return the favour?

Which is the $64,000 question.

And why 'mutual respect' only works if both parties agree to do it.

Frankly, if someone hates me, tries to take everything I have, and
enforces a code of conduct on me that I think is insane and will make my
life nasty, brutish and short, its all very well saying I must respect
his position, if as long as I respect it while I drive a bayonet through
his throat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/2015 11:56, GB wrote:
Try walking nude down Oxford Street if you really think there are no
dress codes in this country.

See "naked rambler" for example.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29800016
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-01-15, GB wrote:

Quite. Not sure who is the better comedian.

I find Al Murray excruciating. I saw his show, and I simply left.
Everybody else was loving it.

Humour is very personal. I have a long list of so-called "comedians" who
I find utterly unfunny; Reeves & Mortimer, Ben Elton and Ricky Gervais
for starters.

My list is not very long, but Al Murray and your three are high on the
list, along with Noel Fielding.

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

No, I haven't got a personality disorder - all three of us are just fine!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-01-15, GB wrote:

I can't see anything intrinsically wrong with laws banning alcohol

Fortunately, you're never going to be in a position to enact them.

here

I think I see GB's point - he said "intrinsically". I don't think he was
suggesting sharia law was an OK thing to enact in England. But if some
other country wants to, that's their business.

The only way out of the moral maze is to understand that there is no
absolute arbiter of morality. In fact assuming that there is and using
it to justify repression of other peoples views is the great evil in the
world that comes from religions.

If you realign your moral compass away from absolute directives and
towards 'what works in this locale's socio-economic context' to promote
survival of that socio economic context, you can see that so called
'liberal Christian' values when applied in a European context work
better than mediaeval moralities better suited to a herding society in a
semi-desert ...

At which point the moral maze is solved: those that want to live like
semi-literate cattle herders should go to places where that is the
viable lifestyle. If they want the benefits accruing from a modern
industrial civilisation, they should adapt to the mores of the locale,
or **** off.

Because if they import their morality and impose it, they will in the
end destroy the society they import it to. And the socio-economic engine
that allows them to live there.

Perhaps that is the aim of the people who fill their heads with such
nonsense.